Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pro Bowl Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 Chiefs made it. Laughing
Heavinsent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff Saturday made it Confused Didn't he get benched?

Props to Jamison for the sig.
green24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavinsent wrote:
Jeff Saturday made it Confused Didn't he get benched?

Yep. Laughing

Richard Sherman, Dez Bryant, Eric Weddle, and Demaryius Thomas were also snubbed.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5-tech DE is not a glamor position. I'm honestly not surprised at all with Wilkerson. The casual fan that votes for the pro-bowl usually doesn't understand the responsibilities of that position and the great ones sometimes go unnoticed. The pro-bowl is a joke anyway. How in the hell is Jason Pierre-Paul starting at DE with 6.5 sacks lol?

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
teamorange

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad Wilk didn't make it. Keep him motivated, keep him healthy. It also sucks Landry made it. First, he isn't that good and second it is going to drive up his price

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

Colt45fool

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landry making it is horrible. Mainly because he's not nearly as good as he thinks he is...

I mean, he's grown on me, sure...but his coverage is definitely still spotty & he's so prone to dumb penalties [though he cleaned that up in the 2nd half of the year.] I wouldn't mind having him, but not for what he think his market value is...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why in the world do you all like Landry? He's a joke. He's one of the worst cover safeties I've ever seen. Just because he's better than Eric Smith doesn't mean he's worthy of a starting job.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glenearl18 wrote:
Why in the world do you all like Landry? He's a joke. He's one of the worst cover safeties I've ever seen. Just because he's better than Eric Smith doesn't mean he's worthy of a starting job.

He isn't a cover safety. He is a strong safety and he brings an attitude to the Jets defense that we haven't had since 2010. I hope we hold on to him and draft a FS in the 4th
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landry's cover skills do leave a little left to be desired, but his closing speed is ridiculous. I'm not gonna debate whether or not he is a Pro Bowler, but he is a good safety and he fits in with what we like to do on D under Rex. He will more than likely be too expensive for us to keep.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 64 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Landry's cover skills do leave a little left to be desired, but his closing speed is ridiculous. I'm not gonna debate whether or not he is a Pro Bowler, but he is a good safety and he fits in with what we like to do on D under Rex. He will more than likely be too expensive for us to keep.

I really hope you are wrong haha Landry said he wants to retire a Jet so we have that going for us but you have to imagine there are not a lot of players that want to come here after this year. We may have to overpay to get FA here.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

I really hope you are wrong haha Landry said he wants to retire a Jet so we have that going for us but you have to imagine there are not a lot of players that want to come here after this year. We may have to overpay to get FA here.

Not next year. Cut the dead weight, and just add role players. We dont have the luxury to go out on a spending spree. Add an OG and RT and OLB, all for cheap. Then resign Landry and Keller along with hopefully FA Matt Moore at QB. I dont expect to be great next year, but we might actually be decent with Moore at QB, and a revitalized line. Having Braylon, Tone, Keller, and Kerley could work well too. Also having a secondary with Revis, Cromartie, Landry and Bell will be nice as well.

Were not going to be big players in FA at all. But with the right additions and right subtractions we could certainly improve.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: