Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pro Bowl Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 Chiefs made it. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heavinsent


Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 581
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff Saturday made it Confused Didn't he get benched?
_________________


Props to Jamison for the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavinsent wrote:
Jeff Saturday made it Confused Didn't he get benched?

Yep. Laughing

Richard Sherman, Dez Bryant, Eric Weddle, and Demaryius Thomas were also snubbed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 8870
Location: Bayport, New York
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5-tech DE is not a glamor position. I'm honestly not surprised at all with Wilkerson. The casual fan that votes for the pro-bowl usually doesn't understand the responsibilities of that position and the great ones sometimes go unnoticed. The pro-bowl is a joke anyway. How in the hell is Jason Pierre-Paul starting at DE with 6.5 sacks lol?
_________________


Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
teamorange


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 13645
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad Wilk didn't make it. Keep him motivated, keep him healthy. It also sucks Landry made it. First, he isn't that good and second it is going to drive up his price
_________________
quietjetsket wrote:
skrILL wrote:

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Colt45fool


Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Posts: 5937
Location: New Haven, CT
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landry making it is horrible. Mainly because he's not nearly as good as he thinks he is...

I mean, he's grown on me, sure...but his coverage is definitely still spotty & he's so prone to dumb penalties [though he cleaned that up in the 2nd half of the year.] I wouldn't mind having him, but not for what he think his market value is...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
glenearl18


Joined: 12 Feb 2012
Posts: 447
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why in the world do you all like Landry? He's a joke. He's one of the worst cover safeties I've ever seen. Just because he's better than Eric Smith doesn't mean he's worthy of a starting job.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rdelaney89


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 1772
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glenearl18 wrote:
Why in the world do you all like Landry? He's a joke. He's one of the worst cover safeties I've ever seen. Just because he's better than Eric Smith doesn't mean he's worthy of a starting job.


He isn't a cover safety. He is a strong safety and he brings an attitude to the Jets defense that we haven't had since 2010. I hope we hold on to him and draft a FS in the 4th
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsfandan423


Moderator
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 16651
Location: Greensboro, NC
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landry's cover skills do leave a little left to be desired, but his closing speed is ridiculous. I'm not gonna debate whether or not he is a Pro Bowler, but he is a good safety and he fits in with what we like to do on D under Rex. He will more than likely be too expensive for us to keep.
_________________


Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 64 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
rdelaney89


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 1772
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Landry's cover skills do leave a little left to be desired, but his closing speed is ridiculous. I'm not gonna debate whether or not he is a Pro Bowler, but he is a good safety and he fits in with what we like to do on D under Rex. He will more than likely be too expensive for us to keep.

I really hope you are wrong haha Landry said he wants to retire a Jet so we have that going for us but you have to imagine there are not a lot of players that want to come here after this year. We may have to overpay to get FA here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 8870
Location: Bayport, New York
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Landry's cover skills do leave a little left to be desired, but his closing speed is ridiculous. I'm not gonna debate whether or not he is a Pro Bowler, but he is a good safety and he fits in with what we like to do on D under Rex. He will more than likely be too expensive for us to keep.

I really hope you are wrong haha Landry said he wants to retire a Jet so we have that going for us but you have to imagine there are not a lot of players that want to come here after this year. We may have to overpay to get FA here.


Not next year. Cut the dead weight, and just add role players. We dont have the luxury to go out on a spending spree. Add an OG and RT and OLB, all for cheap. Then resign Landry and Keller along with hopefully FA Matt Moore at QB. I dont expect to be great next year, but we might actually be decent with Moore at QB, and a revitalized line. Having Braylon, Tone, Keller, and Kerley could work well too. Also having a secondary with Revis, Cromartie, Landry and Bell will be nice as well.

Were not going to be big players in FA at all. But with the right additions and right subtractions we could certainly improve.
_________________


Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group