Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Texans @ Colts Week 17 GDT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Texans @ Colts Week 17 GDT Reply with quote

@

Where: Lucas Oil Field
When: 1pm et/12pm ct Sunday December 30th
TV/Radio CBS/ 610AM

Team Outlooks

Indy
Coming off the worst record in football last year the Colts have clinched the 5th seed in the AFC playoffs led by rookie Andrew Luck. While some of their vets might get some time to rest this weekend the majority of their starters should start. The return of Chuck Pagano will definitely give them a wave of emotion.

Texans
Ever since the big win in Chi Town, this team hasnt been the same. Did we peak to early? Is our QB the right man for the job? Can our coach not play conservative? Theses are just some of the questions being asked, but that being said we win this week and we are the #1 seed and receive a 1st round bye. It's counter part is a lose and we are most likely the #3 seed. That being said there's A LOT riding on this games, plus there's that little tidbit of this team never winning a game in Indy Rolling Eyes .

Position Battles

QB - Advantage Texans
RB - Advantage Texans
WR - Push
TE - Push
OL - Advantage Texans
DL - Advantage Texans
LB - Advantage Texans
DB - Advantage Texans

Key's to the Game
1.) Re-establish the running game
2.) Keep Schaub upright and clean
3.) Get after Luck
4.) Contain Ballard and company
5.) Cut down on the penalties

Fantasy Outlook
First off, if your comish is dumb enough to hold the championship game during week 17, you should quit that league. But if that's not the case, I wouldn't trust anyone on the Texans other than maybe Dre. On the Colts side I would start Allen at TE if you need one in a deep league, we just can don't cover TE's in the redzone.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel guilty for having the Texans board championship game week 17. Crying or Very sad

We HAVE to win this game. I do not want to go into the playoffs without momentum and being terrible. I also do not want the 3rd seed in the playoffs. The Colts might or might not rest the starters so that doesnt mean we can take this game as easy. Pagano is back coaching for them and the place will be loud. Hopefully Kubiak changes his playcalling.
Defense other than Watt need to get pressure on Luck to make him uncomfortable.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
I feel guilty for having the Texans board championship game week 17. Crying or Very sad

Eh it's not to bad since it's 2 week matchups. Btw I should have beaten you Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be interesting to see how much their guys play. I know the coach says they will play but if Watt and co. our hounding and hitting Luck would you LEAVE him in? I wouldn't. Same for Mathis and Freeney, if they get hurt in a meaningless game for you the fans would be mad. I think they play some, but doubt they play the whole game. They are locked in the 5th seed. So if Im their coach Im already game planning the Ravens. Who cares about the Texans. Take 2 weeks to prepare for your playoff game on the road in Baltimore.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this game means everything to us and nothing to the colts, if we cant win this one then we are in some serious trouble. If we do win this game then we are sitting at a very nice position.

Andre needs to get his 50 yards so he can break 1500 for the season

then we become big bengals fans....if they could knock off the Patriots it would make our lives a lot easier, but i like our match up against the Ravens, Colts, or Bengals

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting.

If I were the Colts I'd probably plan to go starters for the first half with a vanilla game plan. Then go to the backups. If we are really teeing off on Luck then I'd alter this.

The reason I'd do this is so there is at least some time for the team and Pagano to get use to each other on game day. No doubt conceptually Pagano should mostly be planning for the Ravens and not showing their hand this game, but this is something that you won't get in practice. It needs to happen during an actual game.

#JDI
texans_uk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring the heat.

lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pagano said on the conference call this morning, "it's not in our DNA to rest starters."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Pagano said on the conference call this morning, "it's not in our DNA to rest starters."

He can say that all he wants. One good shot by JJ Watt on Luck and he'll start to have some reservations.

#JDI
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

He can say that all he wants. One good shot by JJ Watt on Luck and he'll start to have some reservations.

What did Belichick do in 09 when Welker tore his ACL?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love how Chuck Pagano said "All sportscenter has been talking about is 99 JJ Watt" Rolling Eyes

Ummm they are talking about you more than the Texans.

Can't wait to crush the Colts Sunday!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope we win this one. We can't afford to finish third in the AFC because that means we will have to play on the road in Denver AND New England. I would much rather have those two teams battle to determine which team goes to Houston for the AFC championship.

But more than anything, we need to build some momentum for the playoffs. So hopefully we come out and play well in this game. Win or lose, we need to regain some confidence on both sides of the ball.
jargin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes the last game of the regular season.

This has been without a doubt the best season in Texans history. This last game would be another first for us. A lot of firsts this year. A 13-3 record would be very nice but it doesnt matter what happens in this game as long as our key players dont get hurt. I think we will win and get homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. I think the Colts have played extremely well this season given the lack of talent on their roster. They traded for Vontae Davis, got some corner named Cassius Vaughn, moved Freeney and Mathis to OLB and have somehow amassed a lot of wins. Luck is just a ridiculously good football player. He has so many tools. He is a really, really good player.

But I hope we just win to close the season and then rest up for our next game at Reliant.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
amazingandre

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game means MUCH more than HFA, if we take the 1 seed, and broncos get 2 and pats get 3 the playoff bracket looks like this

Bengals @ Pats

Colts @ Ravens

Pats most likely win meaning no matter what we play the Colts or Ravens and the Pats HAVE TO GO TO Denver. That will be a hard fought game and then we get the winner at home after already having played a tough game the week before. It works in our favor.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
This game means MUCH more than HFA, if we take the 1 seed, and broncos get 2 and pats get 3 the playoff bracket looks like this

Bengals @ Pats

Colts @ Ravens

Pats most likely win meaning no matter what we play the Colts or Ravens and the Pats HAVE TO GO TO Denver. That will be a hard fought game and then we get the winner at home after already having played a tough game the week before. It works in our favor.

I wouldn't pencil in the Pats over Bengals quite so fast. Amongst the playoff teams, they might be the worst matchup for the Pats as they have vets throughout that secondary that won't make stupid mistakes like we do and the Pats have no answer for AJ Green in that secondary (Belichick has always had Peyton's number in the playoffs). If Dalton can play a clean game and lawfirm can grind out yards and keep Brady off the field, the Bengals would have a puncher's chance. Sadly, even if we pull out a win this week, I still consider us long shots against New England and Denver. I'd hate to see the kind of bs calls we would get if we stand between a Brady-Manning matchup in the AFC championship or either of them in a Super Bowl. Remember the phantom PI out of halftime when Manning was going for the undefeated season?

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 1 of 22

Jump to: