Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A stronger armed QB getting sacked (Cutler Deal)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
We need a coach that understands offense so we aren't playing musical Offensive coaches every other year. Im sure Cutler loves learning his 4th offense since his rookie year.

Lovie hiring incompetent OCs doesn't necessarily have much (if anything) to do with his defensive background.
51to54

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
51to54 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Whethe the could be more consistent, more friendly or throw less picks one fact remains.

Jay Cutler is the best QB in Bears History and will SHATTER every record that they have.

Sid Luckman disagrees.

QB of the 1940 championship game where the Bears beat the Redskins 73-0.

QB of the NFL champion Bears 1940, 41, 43, and 46.

3-time Pro Bowler & 5-time First-Team All-Pro.

Inducted into Hall of Fame in 1965.

Records are being shattered because the game has changed drastically to promote the passing game and gone to a 16 game schedule and expanded the playoffs.

Screw Sid Luckman. Who cares what happened in the 40's.

Fans with an appreciation of the league and a good knowledge of the history of the Bears in particular and the NFL in general and an attention span longer than the fantasy football draft they do in their parent's basement every year.
ak06max

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
ak06max wrote:
We need a coach that understands offense so we aren't playing musical Offensive coaches every other year. Im sure Cutler loves learning his 4th offense since his rookie year.

Lovie hiring incompetent OCs doesn't necessarily have much (if anything) to do with his defensive background.

Really? No spit Sherlock. That is a responsibility of a head coach especially if he is not offensive minded. To hire a competent OC. Lovie missed coaching 101 on this

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
ak06max wrote:

Really? No spit Sherlock. That is a responsibility of a head coach especially if he is not offensive minded. To hire a competent OC. Lovie missed coaching 101 on this

Then I don't understand why it's so imperative that the Bears hire an offensive-minded head coach. What am I missing here?
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
ak06max wrote:

Understanding it and being able to do it are two completely separate things.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
ak06max

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
ak06max wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
ak06max wrote:

Then I don't understand why it's so imperative that the Bears hire an offensive-minded head coach. What am I missing here?

A offensive minded coach has some sort of vision that he wants his offense to look like. The bears have no identity on the offensive side. Are we a running team a passing team what are we? We have a upgraded roster than when mad Martz was here but a declining offense as statistics go. When you have a D minded coach or a love the players coach you have Lovie a D that on there last legs with no depth at our key player positions .(Urlacher,Briggs Peppers Tillman) when these guys retire who is in development to replace? Roach replace Urlacher ,Moore replace Tillman Trahan replace briggs,. Who else is on this team that is a must on the D side thats young and ready to produce. We have a ton of work to do its not all on JA its also love the players Lovie. Lovie cant even hire a O Coach because no one wants to work underneath him thats why we are on our 3rd gonna be a 4th.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
ak06max wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
ak06max wrote:

A offensive minded coach has some sort of vision that he wants his offense to look like. The bears have no identity on the offensive side. Are we a running team a passing team what are we? We have a upgraded roster than when mad Martz was here but a declining offense as statistics go. When you have a D minded coach or a love the players coach you have Lovie a D that on there last legs with no depth at our key player positions .(Urlacher,Briggs Peppers Tillman) when these guys retire who is in development to replace? Roach replace Urlacher ,Moore replace Tillman Trahan replace briggs,. Who else is on this team that is a must on the D side thats young and ready to produce. We have a ton of work to do its not all on JA its also love the players Lovie. Lovie cant even hire a O Coach because no one wants to work underneath him thats why we are on our 3rd gonna be a 4th.
Where do you come up w/ this nonsense. First Henry Melton is a premiere DT, he's 26. Corey Wootton has 7 sacks in a part time role, he's 25. You just drafted Shea McClellin in the first. Stephen Paea is developing very nicely and is just a 2nd year player. That's at the DL. The starting safeties are a 2nd and 3rd year player, w/ Wright becoming one of the best SS in the league this year. Jennings is far from old, but we do need to add some CB talent no doubt. W/ Moore basically playing his way out of town this year we might actually get a look at Frey taking a bigger role. At LB we have a player most Bears fans don't know about in JT Thomas, and for good reason, he's been hidden away. Last year he was put on IR w/ a hangnail, similar to Melton his rookie year. This year he has been playing a lot of STs. What Thomas is a WLB in the mold of Lance Briggs and Derrick Brooks, uber athletic that b/c we have Lance Briggs just doesn't see the field on defense right now. I suspect w/ Urlacher likely retiring after the season we'll see a lot of Thomas next year, along w/ another rookie LB.

There is a lot of youth on this defense, the description of our defense being old and on their last legs is far from the truth.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
ak06max

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ak06max wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
ak06max wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
ak06max wrote:

Where do you come up w/ this nonsense. First Henry Melton is a premiere DT, he's 26. Corey Wootton has 7 sacks in a part time role, he's 25. You just drafted Shea McClellin in the first. Stephen Paea is developing very nicely and is just a 2nd year player. That's at the DL. The starting safeties are a 2nd and 3rd year player, w/ Wright becoming one of the best SS in the league this year. Jennings is far from old, but we do need to add some CB talent no doubt. W/ Moore basically playing his way out of town this year we might actually get a look at Frey taking a bigger role. At LB we have a player most Bears fans don't know about in JT Thomas, and for good reason, he's been hidden away. Last year he was put on IR w/ a hangnail, similar to Melton his rookie year. This year he has been playing a lot of STs. What Thomas is a WLB in the mold of Lance Briggs and Derrick Brooks, uber athletic that b/c we have Lance Briggs just doesn't see the field on defense right now. I suspect w/ Urlacher likely retiring after the season we'll see a lot of Thomas next year, along w/ another rookie LB.

There is a lot of youth on this defense, the description of our defense being old and on their last legs is far from the truth.

I really think these players would be on the active roster if they are sooooo great! Melton I will give ya. Jennings as well but we need 2 DBs on the field. I think you are reading to much about Wright a great secondary in example look at the Seahawks roster that is a great secondary. A great LB core would be the 49ers. We are way behind of great as far as many other teams exemplify greatness. JT thomas,Frey and Brooks really talking up players that are special team players you are pulling straws. I would like to see playtime before I judge greatness.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ak06max wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
ak06max wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
ak06max wrote:

I really think these players would be on the active roster if they are sooooo great! Melton I will give ya. Jennings as well but we need 2 DBs on the field. I think you are reading to much about Wright a great secondary in example look at the Seahawks roster that is a great secondary. A great LB core would be the 49ers. We are way behind of great as far as many other teams exemplify greatness. JT thomas,Frey and Brooks really talking up players that are special team players you are pulling straws. I would like to see playtime before I judge greatness.
Ok, so the 49ers have a better LB corps, and??? What does that have to do w/ the amount of youth on THIS team? We have a young DL foundation and a young secondary foundation.

ak06max

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ak06max wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ak06max wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
ak06max wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
ak06max wrote:

Ok, so the 49ers have a better LB corps, and??? What does that have to do w/ the amount of youth on THIS team? We have a young DL foundation and a young secondary foundation.

A well scouted and developed organization.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ak06max wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ak06max wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
ak06max wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
ak06max wrote:

A well scouted and developed organization.
Again what does the 49ers LB corps have to do w/ the youth on THIS football team? You made the asinine statement that the defense was on its last legs and has no youth. I countered w/, actually there is quite a bit of quality youth on the defense, you responded w/ well the 49ers have a better LB corps. I never said anything about the 49ers or their LB corps. Do you know what a strawman is?

bearsaddict

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
ak06max wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
ak06max wrote:

Understanding it and being able to do it are two completely separate things.
I agree 100%
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
A offensive minded coach has some sort of vision that he wants his offense to look like. The bears have no identity on the offensive side. Are we a running team a passing team what are we?

A running team that abandons the run.

ak06max wrote:
We have a upgraded roster than when mad Martz was here but a declining offense as statistics go.

The offense has been at or near the bottom of the league every year since 2004 with the exception of 2006. That's horribly consistent, not declining.

ak06max wrote:
When you have a D minded coach or a love the players coach you have Lovie a D that on there last legs with no depth at our key player positions .(Urlacher,Briggs Peppers Tillman) when these guys retire who is in development to replace? Roach replace Urlacher ,Moore replace Tillman Trahan replace briggs,. Who else is on this team that is a must on the D side thats young and ready to produce. We have a ton of work to do its not all on JA its also love the players Lovie.

This has nothing to do with the offense.

ak06max wrote:
Lovie cant even hire a O Coach because no one wants to work underneath him thats why we are on our 3rd gonna be a 4th.

Once again, I don't understand what this has to do with needing an "offensive-minded coach." New England, Detroit, Denver, Atlanta, Indi, and Tampa all have head coaches from defensive backgrounds and their teams have top ten offenses through Week 16, so it really doesn't matter.

Furthermore, by your logic, an "offensive-minded" head coach may not fully understand or "have a vision" for his defense, so it's kind of a moot point.
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:
Thank you, I appreciate it. Yeah, it's harsh because most Bears fańs have grown to love the guy. But the truth is, he just isn't at that level. I just feel like we should quit accepting our team being all right.

Lets actually aim for the best we can be. I know it sounds like a battle rally but it's seriously true
You have to remember that there are only a handful of elite QBs in the NFL...really you have Manning (not friggin Eli of course), Brady, Rodgers, Brees (maybe) and that's really it. Every other team in the NFL is lacking an elite QB adn deal with what we are dealing with most years. Yes, guys like Ryan, the other Manning, Romo, Roethlisberger, and others have had really good years, but are not elite and will not carry their team week in and week out, year in and year out like the Mayton Pannings and Bom Tradys of the world.

So Cutler is what he is....an above average QB, but far from elite, and sadly still the best QB to probably ever wear a Bears uniform.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

51to54 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Whethe the could be more consistent, more friendly or throw less picks one fact remains.

Jay Cutler is the best QB in Bears History and will SHATTER every record that they have.

Sid Luckman disagrees.

QB of the 1940 championship game where the Bears beat the Redskins 73-0.

QB of the NFL champion Bears 1940, 41, 43, and 46.

3-time Pro Bowler & 5-time First-Team All-Pro.

Inducted into Hall of Fame in 1965.

Records are being shattered because the game has changed drastically to promote the passing game and gone to a 16 game schedule and expanded the playoffs.

Amazing player. He retired in 1950. His memoir is a lost classic.

Since Luckman, the Bears have had a few good QB's. Seventy five to be exact. Bobby Layne left and won championships in Detroit. George Blanda played for a decade in Chicago then for another decade in Houston and Oakland.

BTW, to put some emphasis on Brandon Marshall's Pro Bowl achievement, the only category for which the Bears have no one in the HoF is WR. Last Pro Powl WR I recall was D. Gordon in 1970. Although Willie Gault and Dennis McKinnon gave it the old collge try in the 1980's. QB Erik Kramer had the luxury of two 1,000 WR's at the same time in Curtis Conway and Jeff Graham in the mid '90's.

If Jeffries stays healthy in 2013 and gives Cutler two dominant WR's, makes it easier on Matt Forte and the defense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: