Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Larry Foote-12/30/12 could be my last game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mason Storm

Location: Hmm fire Tomlin of course y didnt i think of that oh yea because thats stupid.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Larry Foote-12/30/12 could be my last game Reply with quote

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/12/larry-foote-knows-he-might-be-playing-his-last-game-with-the-steelers-next-sunday/

I think he is gone they need to get younger, and they drafted Spence last year and may use another High pick there in April.

^ TommyC376 sig n avy^
"You know your a parent when you pay $120 for your kid to watch something live thats on tv for free"
at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we can keep him for one more year, see what Spence can do. Then decide our future for ILB next year.
Dook

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they almost have to give Foote a one year deal regardless of who we draft or even if Spence is completely healed.
kysteeler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dook wrote:
I think they almost have to give Foote a one year deal regardless of who we draft or even if Spence is completely healed.

+1
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kysteeler wrote:
Dook wrote:

+1

+2

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
lionslicer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you told me at the beginning of the year it would be a good idea to sign Foote for at least 1 more season, I would probably throw a christmas tree at your face...

But he has actually improved with age, last season he couldn't tackle for crap, and the only reason he was out there was because Farrior had declined that much. At this point, it would be smart to keep him on the team, even if he doesn't start next season, I don't trust the depth at middle linebacker at all.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lionslicer wrote:
If you told me at the beginning of the year it would be a good idea to sign Foote for at least 1 more season, I would probably throw a christmas tree at your face...

But he has actually improved with age, last season he couldn't tackle for crap, and the only reason he was out there was because Farrior had declined that much. At this point, it would be smart to keep him on the team, even if he doesn't start next season, I don't trust the depth at middle linebacker at all.

Foote has always been up and down.

2005 he was good
2006 he was possibly the worst LB in the league
2007 he was decent
2008 he was great
2009 I thought he was decent for the Lions what I got to see, but Lions fans said otherwise.
2010 and 2011 he was a fairly decent backup for the most part.
This year he has been very solid. Not great, but solid.

I hope we can keep him for one more year. No chance I am comfortable throwing Spence in there without really knowing what he can bring to the table. NO IM NOT SAYING HE IS DESTINED TO FAIL....just that he hasnt shown anything yet.
3rivers

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if he wants to retire, that is good for him. If he wants to stay, they should keep him since he was the most consistent defender out there, had a good year.

If they don't sign him and he wants to come back, it won't make sense to me. Not much will this offseason I am afraid Rolling Eyes
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutting him lose would be a bad idea. This team obviously lacks leadership; and Foote is one of those guys that has it. With Spence and whomever we draft, Foote needs to be here to help some young guns. Cutting him will backfire.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry Foote is the least expendable player on defensive side, but at same time he's very upgradable.

To fix pass-rushing issues, first find a true replacement for Foote. I always have thought Dion Jordan could play ILB, but for a true ILB my early favorite is Chase Thomas.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Larry Foote is the least expendable player on defensive side, but at same time he's very upgradable.

To fix pass-rushing issues, first find a true replacement for Foote. I always have thought Dion Jordan could play ILB, but for a true ILB my early favorite is Chase Thomas.

a 6-7 250 pound ILB? No thanks! He'll get owned by any NT that he encounters. No way could be get low enough to beat them. You expect him to transition from pass rush DE to ILB?
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correction: he's been playing as an outside linebacker despite what his "position" says. If you watch his tape, he played a lot as an outside linebacker.

If it were up to me, i'd just do this experiment and see how Lamaar Woodley can perform at ILB. Has the body, talent, and seem to suits the position better for his techniques and talent.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foote was an unsung player this season for the Steelers. He played better than what I thought he would. I think he would resign if the Steelers want that. I don't see a problem with him coming back as insurance.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's because early on Timmons and Foote both were getting exposed, but it never seem like Foote were exposed. We knew he can't cover so we never had asked him to, Timmons eventually pick up his game because he's better in a Joker role, Woodley is getting all the heat because of Foote.

I'm grateful for Foote's service, very. To fix pass-rushing problem, first you fix the inside linebacker position so our pass-rushers wouldn't have to play in coverage so much.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: