Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Michael Bennett
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bulldog

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Michael Bennett Reply with quote

Browns Fan here..

I was just wondering what you guys think of Bennett. I believe he's a FA this year. And since TB drafted back to back DE's last year, what are the chances he walks in FA?
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really really hope we keep him. We need more DE's and can't really afford to lose him. Just hope he doesn't want too much.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
I really really hope we keep him. We need more DE's and can't really afford to lose him. Just hope he doesn't want too much.

This^

The guy doesn't have great speed, not a power guy, doesn't have a go to move but he is solid in all the above. He works hard and has a great motor. I don't think we break the bank to keep him and we would be able to draft an end with our first this year if he leaves but we have other holes to fill. I hope he stays.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe the Bucs want to resign him, but it will come down to price. I don't believe they will franchise him and his best year production wise has been this year by far.

I think Michael Johnson from Cinny will set the market at DEs if he isn't franchised, but I can see Bennett getting money a few million less then Johnson per year. Bennett seems to be really good in the locker room and has not had any problems off the field, so that will certainly help his worth on the open market.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
I do believe the Bucs want to resign him, but it will come down to price. I don't believe they will franchise him and his best year production wise has been this year by far.

I think Michael Johnson from Cinny will set the market at DEs if he isn't franchised, but I can see Bennett getting money a few million less then Johnson per year. Bennett seems to be really good in the locker room and has not had any problems off the field, so that will certainly help his worth on the open market.

Chris Avril says hi! 30 sacks over the last three seasons and still young.

I would welcome either to Tampa with open arms Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

Good call on Avril. I still like Johnson a little better, I think he is a little better athletically. I like Bennett, but if it costs a little more money per year ( $1 to $2 million/year) , then absolutely sign Johnson or Avril first.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's very slim that Bennett goes anywhere. He's been a guy that Dominik has liked since we plucked him away from Seattle's PS (Thank god for that, can you imagine him there now Shocked )

I really think we go hard after his brother and keep him down in Tampa. Very underrated, but I think we need Clayborn back with a full rotation with them, they'll make each other better

#TakeTeddy
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
@RCummingsTBO: Michael Bennett's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, is alraedy suggesting Mike and brother Martellus coudl reunite with NYG. Bucs will have say in that

Falls in line with rumors of Justin tuck & Osi bring cut
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

Been callin Avril since he was tagged
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would let Bennett go if his price tag is too much. I really don't know if he's a good starter. He's solid against the run but isn't as good of a pass rusher. I mean I'd love to keep him but if him and Avril are going to cost the same or near range I'd pass on Bennett. I thin he's a great rotational player but not top de starter money.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
@RCummingsTBO: Michael Bennett's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, is alraedy suggesting Mike and brother Martellus coudl reunite with NYG. Bucs will have say in that

Uh why don't we bring Martellus here then. Gives us a solid blocking te that can threaten defenses in the redzone. I am sure Drew is just trying to push the price up for Michael. He is on our team now and the better player of the two.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Uh why don't we bring Martellus here then. Gives us a solid blocking te that can threaten defenses in the redzone. I am sure Drew is just trying to push the price up for Michael. He is on our team now and the better player of the two.

Eli, SB contention & NY bright light. Nuff said
5nick5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Are the Giants getting rid of Tuck. If they are, we should jump on that. Him, Osi, Avril, or Johnson would make us quickly forget about Bennett. Bennett and his agent should realize that he's expendable on this team.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

This^

The guy doesn't have great speed, not a power guy, doesn't have a go to move but he is solid in all the above. He works hard and has a great motor. I don't think we break the bank to keep him and we would be able to draft an end with our first this year if he leaves but we have other holes to fill. I hope he stays.

That's every reason not to resign him
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

This^

That's every reason not to resign him

Because he is solid all around and because we can use our 1st rnd pick on an end opposed to using in on a dt/cb? Personally I'd rather have less needs going into the draft than more.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: