Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dont'a Hightower and Chandler Jones
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
There is literally zero chance Melton isn't in Chicago next year. Zero.
I'd say there's at least a one in a trillion chance that he is in a horrible accident and has to have a limb removed Think

Johnny Knox is still under contract, even though he'll probably never play football again.
Canton

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both these guys are great young players, just have to stay healthy. I think they've already mastered the complex defense.
Richter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
Richter wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
TGShabba wrote:
I'd like to at least see Myron Pryor stay healthy and get a good shot at starting there.

I'd like to win the lottery tomorrow, and I think that might be more likely than Pryor staying healthy.

Love the guy's upside but at this point anything he contributes is a bonus.

A penetrating 3-technique would do wonders for Jones and the defense in general. It should be, IMO, their #1 priority for the offseason

Sign. Henry. Melton.

As for our money situation, I don't think Melton will see the franchise. I think he'll sign a backloaded deal, when most of his money will hit the books when the contracts of Tillman, Peppers and company are expiring.

Hester and Kellen Davis will likely be cut, saving us $6M, and we'll probably let a couple guys walk.

Also, we're coming for Vollmer.

Given that Urlacher is due for free agency, things could get a little messy. I think the Bears would be wise to let him walk, along with Hester, and sign their younger guys.

As for Vollmer, I'm not going to cry if that scenario comes to pass. I don't trust him to stay healthy at this point, even though he's the best right tackle in the league when healthy. I'll gladly swap him for Melton.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canton wrote:
Both these guys are great young players, just have to stay healthy. I think they've already mastered the complex defense.

Laughing Laughing

Yep, they've mastered it.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
I'd say there's at least a one in a trillion chance that he is in a horrible accident and has to have a limb removed Think

Johnny Knox is still under contract, even though he'll probably never play football again.

Right. Under contract.

If Melton got into a severe car accident or something unfortunate like that, he would be unsigned and not on Chicago's roster next year. So it's not a "literally zero chance"

That was the point Sciz was making
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
Richter wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
TGShabba wrote:
I'd like to at least see Myron Pryor stay healthy and get a good shot at starting there.

I'd like to win the lottery tomorrow, and I think that might be more likely than Pryor staying healthy.

Love the guy's upside but at this point anything he contributes is a bonus.

A penetrating 3-technique would do wonders for Jones and the defense in general. It should be, IMO, their #1 priority for the offseason

Sign. Henry. Melton.

As for our money situation, I don't think Melton will see the franchise. I think he'll sign a backloaded deal, when most of his money will hit the books when the contracts of Tillman, Peppers and company are expiring.

Hester and Kellen Davis will likely be cut, saving us $6M, and we'll probably let a couple guys walk.

Also, we're coming for Vollmer.

Given that Urlacher is due for free agency, things could get a little messy. I think the Bears would be wise to let him walk, along with Hester, and sign their younger guys.

As for Vollmer, I'm not going to cry if that scenario comes to pass. I don't trust him to stay healthy at this point, even though he's the best right tackle in the league when healthy. I'll gladly swap him for Melton.

I think the Bears would be wise to let Urlacher walk, too. But if he doesn't retire, I don't see that happening. The leadership he brings to the locker room and the mentoring he could offer the MLB we draft this year are too valuable to let go, even if he does just become a rotational player. Hester is going to be let go unless he agrees to restructure his deal and become the fulltime KR/PR.

I don't think Melton really wants to go elsewhere. While everyone in Chicago knows he's going to get his money, he would be wise to stay in Chicago. Marinelli does things with linemen that no other DC can do. Look at Amobi Okoye. Completely turned around in 2011, went elsewhere and struggled, albeit with injuries.

I'm certainly not trying to convince you that Chicago doesn't have financial woes for the next couple of years, but we do have some big contracts coming off the books in the next few years: Tillman, Peppers, Briggs, just to name a few. Cutler has said he'd take a discount to stay in Chicago, and why wouldn't he? He's got Bates, he's got Marshall, and he's got a front office who is clearly looking to help him out (God save Phil Emery).

I think in the next few years, you'll see a Bears team that is going to be completely different, and you're going to wonder why Jerry Angelo couldn't figure it out.
Richter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
I think in the next few years, you'll see a Bears team that is going to be completely different, and you're going to wonder why Jerry Angelo couldn't figure it out.

On that point, you're 100% wrong. I know why Jerry Angelo couldn't figure it out.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:

On that point, you're 100% wrong. I know why Jerry Angelo couldn't figure it out.

I'd imagine it's probably because some kind of leash Virginia McCaskey had him on. Emery has no such thing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: