Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings' 2013 opponents
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Vikings' 2013 opponents Reply with quote

The Vikings’ final two opponents for 2013 will be set following Sunday’s game. They will play each team in the NFC East and AFC North next season.

The Vikings’ home games will be against Philadelphia, Washington, Cleveland, the NFC South team that finishes in the same position as the Vikings (currently New Orleans), Green Bay, Detroit and Chicago. The Sept. 29 game in London against Pittsburgh also counts as a home game.

Road games will be at Dallas, the N.Y Giants, Baltimore, Cincinnati, the NFC West team that finishes in the same position as the Vikings (currently Seattle), Green Bay, Detroit, Chicago.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/184701541.html

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
rbvf168

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a pretty tough schedule, especially with the mobile quarterbacks in Seattle and Washington. We'll see how these teams turn out next year though, it should be a good challenge!
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough schedule but hope we can continue improving

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

early prediction for next season: 9-7

but who knows. The Vikings already exceeded my expectations this year at 8-8.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is weird to be looking at schedules so early. Some tough games for sure, but who knows how tough they'll actually be as we have so much to shake out before then.

disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually don't think it's that all that tough. Baltimore and Philly are teams on decline (while Baltimore will end with a good record this year, I anticipate a big drop-off next year), and Cleveland is Cleveland. Pittsburgh is an average team. New Orleans could potentially be difficult, and certainly in Seattle will be difficult again, but I don't think it's all that treacherous of a schedule. But, then again, it just depends upon when you are playing them. I certainly wouldn't want to be playing in NY in December.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
I actually don't think it's that all that tough. Baltimore and Philly are teams on decline (while Baltimore will end with a good record this year, I anticipate a big drop-off next year), and Cleveland is Cleveland. Pittsburgh is an average team. New Orleans could potentially be difficult, and certainly in Seattle will be difficult again, but I don't think it's all that treacherous of a schedule. But, then again, it just depends upon when you are playing them. I certainly wouldn't want to be playing in NY in December.

I agree, I dont think the AFC North and NFC East are all that though. The Eagles are rebuilding, the Cowboys are always underhwelmingly mediocre, the Redskins should be good next year and I expect the Giant to bounce back. Though, the Giants never really dominate in the regular season.

The Steelers and Ravens are in a decline, the Bengals are solid but unspectacular and the Browns are terrible.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think out of the AFC North and NFC East the only teams on the upswing are the Redskins, Cowboys (offensively), and Bengals.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
I think out of the AFC North and NFC East the only teams on the upswing are the Redskins, Cowboys (offensively), and Bengals.

eh, I think the Cowboys will be turning the corner soon, but perhaps Romo's best days will be behind him? He's still a talented QB, but its not like we've seen significant dropoff in production from a QB who previously was having a fantastic season.

and the Bengals are a decent team. I think of them as being a lot like the Vikings, minus having an elite outside #1 WR.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
Bermuda Viking

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not believe there is a harder schedule out there, and they are short the home game.

It is what it is.
[UMN]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hard to say anything at this point but if we get NO and SEA that is a very hard schedule.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bermuda Viking wrote:
I do not believe there is a harder schedule out there, and they are short the home game.

It is what it is.

I think it could be worse. There are a lot of mediocre teams from these two divisions.
Klomp

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: Vikings' 2013 opponents Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
The Vikings’ final two opponents for 2013 will be set following Sunday’s game. They will play each team in the NFC East and AFC North next season.

The Vikings’ home games will be against Philadelphia, Washington, Cleveland, the NFC South team that finishes in the same position as the Vikings (currently New Orleans), Green Bay, Detroit and Chicago. The Sept. 29 game in London against Pittsburgh also counts as a home game.

Road games will be at Dallas, the N.Y Giants, Baltimore, Cincinnati, the NFC West team that finishes in the same position as the Vikings (currently Seattle), Green Bay, Detroit, Chicago.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/184701541.html

These could very easily change.

NFC North
2. Vikings (9-6)
3. Bears (9-6)

NFC South
2. Saints (7-8)
3. Buccaneers (6-9)
4. Panthers (6-9)

NFC West
1. 49ers (10-4-1)
2. Seahawks (10-5)
3. Rams (7-7-1)

All three teams in each division are currently in play for those two games, depending on what happens this week. Very fluid situation.
Klomp

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Bermuda Viking wrote:

It is what it is.

I think it could be worse. There are a lot of mediocre teams from these two divisions.

I agree. Not saying it will be an easy schedule, but I wouldn't say it's extremely difficult either.

At home, I truly believe we can beat anyone. I'm not ready to mark any of those games as losses. The London game will be a toss-up.

On the road will be tougher, especially with the Giants and possibly going to Seattle. Baltimore and Dallas will be tough, but both are winnable.

The divisional games are a toss up. Anything can happen.
Nozizaki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of right now, if we really do compete for the NFC North crown next year we will earn our playoff spot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: