Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Call me crazy but what do you think of this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wild style

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Call me crazy but what do you think of this? Reply with quote

For one i hated john fox and the whole ground and pound works great till you play teams that chunks the ball like ne or green bay. With that said i love what ron has done with our team and with what he had to work with. My question is what do you think of Norv Turner as our new gm? I know the ron boo birds would think this is crazy but if Norv had peyton manning he would be close to where fox is right now i am sure of it! Hell denver sucked this year till they just let peyton be peyton! I just a christmas wish thanks for your time and thoughts:)
TROJANPANTHER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: Call me crazy but what do you think of this? Reply with quote

wild style wrote:
For one i hated john fox and the whole ground and pound works great till you play teams that chunks the ball like ne or green bay. With that said i love what ron has done with our team and with what he had to work with. My question is what do you think of Norv Turner as our new gm? I know the ron boo birds would think this is crazy but if Norv had peyton manning he would be close to where fox is right now i am sure of it! Hell denver sucked this year till they just let peyton be peyton! I just a christmas wish thanks for your time and thoughts:)

lol wut?

I'm not really sure what you're getting at here...

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM
BringinDaPain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: Call me crazy but what do you think of this? Reply with quote

wild style wrote:

No, I could see the team hiring him as OC.

2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly 164 tackles, 2 Int, 1 sack, 11 TFLs, 8 PD and 3 Fumble recoveries
Luke Kuechly - 2013 Defensive Player of the Year
iknowcool

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: Call me crazy but what do you think of this? Reply with quote

wild style wrote:
My question is what do you think of Norv Turner as our new gm?

What do I think? I think I'd probably shoot myself.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're crazy

I want Turner far away from Carolina

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would only want Turner in a OC role, nothing more; nothing less.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why in the hel would we hire Norv as a GM. I could see us getting him as our Offensive Coordinator but only if Chud gets fired and I hope we keep Chud.

I might be one of the very few people around that really wants to keep our whole coaching staff, I think we have played really good this year. Now if we can only learn how to win the close games we would have at least 10 wins.
Cypher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbegley8 wrote:
Why in the hel would we hire Norv as a GM. I could see us getting him as our Offensive Coordinator but only if Chud gets fired and I hope we keep Chud.

I might be one of the very few people around that really wants to keep our whole coaching staff, I think we have played really good this year. Now if we can only learn how to win the close games we would have at least 10 wins.

Take away Harukidookie crapping the bed on the deep ball in Atlanta, Cam's pick six against the Bears and Cam throwing a worm-burner on 4th and goal at Seattle, and we're looking at the playoffs.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
Zithers

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
jbegley8 wrote:

Take away Harukidookie crapping the bed on the deep ball in Atlanta, Cam's pick six against the Bears and Cam throwing a worm-burner on 4th and goal at Seattle, and we're looking at the playoffs.

well maybe gamble should have been on roddy instead of norman and he makes up for haruki screwing up by knocking it away instead of making the rookie error of just STANDING THERE

or instead of doing a bootleg on 4th and short we give it to tolbert or cam up the middle which works... what... 9 times out of 10?

maybe in the bears game, instead of doing timing based routes that make smitty slip on his break, we run the ball to burn the clock since we're ahead two scores (which we did on the next drive and we kicked a field goal... which would have sealed the game if we did in the first place). alternatively, we could just not do prevent.

all coaching decisions. prevent against the bucs too. horrific playcalling against denver (the two drives where we throw from under center we score TDs... i think cam started 6/6 then went 3/11 from the gun after that). i don't understand how there isn't some adjusting going on there.

we're incredibly undisciplined... how many times have we had 12 men in the huddle the past two years? probably more than any other team. dude is a poison and needs to get the hell out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
jbegley8 wrote:

Even if you look at it from that perspective, it does not change the amount of collapses we've had in the second half. What explains us letting up against Tampa Bay and allowing them to win? Or losing to the Chiefs? Or allowing Atlanta to come back from what, 23 to 7? Or the Chicago game. Not even accounting for last year when we choked in the second half as well. That goes back to the other team adjusting and us not adjusting. And then that falls on the coaching staff.

If Rivera stays, I don't care. But even if you use the "3 plays away from the playoffs" thing, it still doesn't change the fact we appear to have a massive issue with our adjustments from first to second half. Which is the main issue I have with our coaching staff and I am skeptical that Chud isn't just going to go back to what he did at the start of the season.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
Cypher wrote:
jbegley8 wrote:

Even if you look at it from that perspective, it does not change the amount of collapses we've had in the second half. What explains us letting up against Tampa Bay and allowing them to win? Or losing to the Chiefs? Or allowing Atlanta to come back from what, 23 to 7? Or the Chicago game. Not even accounting for last year when we choked in the second half as well. That goes back to the other team adjusting and us not adjusting. And then that falls on the coaching staff.

If Rivera stays, I don't care. But even if you use the "3 plays away from the playoffs" thing, it still doesn't change the fact we appear to have a massive issue with our adjustments from first to second half. Which is the main issue I have with our coaching staff and I am skeptical that Chud isn't just going to go back to what he did at the start of the season.

Similar collapses happened last year too.

They have statistics of a fringe top ten team and yet they only beat bottom 10 teams (other than Atlanta).

They've given away games and they've never come back from a deficit to steal a game. I think the major problem is that they're weak against the run, which makes comebacks much harder. Being able to run the ball would also make holding leads a lot easier.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: