Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jrry32 Day Before Christmas Rams Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Jrry32 Day Before Christmas Rams Mock Reply with quote

Well, now that the playoffs are officially out of reach, I wanted to do another mock here...because I'm bored. I decided not to make any trades in this mock. Here it is:

Cuts
Quintin Mikell
Wayne Hunter

Re-sign
Steven Jackson?(depends on the cost)
Danny Amendola
Wayne Hunter
William Hayes

Key Free Agent Signings

Dashon Goldson FS

Daryl Smith SLB

NFL Draft:
Round 1 Pick #17 - Chance Warmack LG Alabama
Explanation: I think it's obvious at this point that I want Chance Warmack!

Round 1 Pick #22 - Jake Matthews RT Texas A&M
Explanation: His dad played for and with Fisher...so the blood-lines and connections are obvious. He'd offer us a strong technician who has the athleticism to play the LT position if Saffold continues to struggle with injuries as well as the mean streak and strength to move people in the run game.

Round 2 Pick #17 - Markus Wheaton WR Oregon State
Explanation: Wheaton is going to be a major steal somewhere. He has 4.3 speed, strong hands, can run the full route tree(although his route running needs further development), can beat the press and has very quick feet. Also a good runner after the catch. If you watch Wheaton play at Oregon State, he'll remind you very much of a retired WR nicknamed Big Game.

Round 3 Pick #17 - Shawn Williams SS Georgia
Explanation: I would definitely take DJ Swearinger if he's available here but I don't think he falls out of the 2nd round. Shawn Williams is a talented backup plan. He's a big hitter with good cover skills, athleticism and size. Projects more to SS but is a guy who really plays well in the box and is competent in coverage including deep zones.

Round 4 Pick #17 - Ryan Otten TE San Jose State
Explanation: Otten is capable of operating both as a traditional inline TE and a flex TE. In college, he has a lot of experience blocking inline in the running game and is good at it. He also has experience splitting out wide and in the slot as a WR. Good but not great athlete, very fluid though for his size, physical, reliable hands and a good route runner. Polished player who won't blow up the combine but shows up on the field...reminds me a lot of Zach Miller and Jason Witten.

Round 5 Pick #17 - Dennis Johnson HB Arkansas
Explanation: Johnson and Murray are my two favorite sleepers. Johnson runs a lot like MJD does, undersized guy but very compact and strong. Runs angry. Great hands out of the back-field as well and can return kicks.

Round 6 Pick #17 - Kemal Ishmael FS/SS UCF
Explanation: Talented but undersized safety that is overlooked because of where he played. Active with great instincts, true gamer and isn't afraid to get physical inside the box. Good in coverage too. Good developmental 3rd safety.

Round 7 Pick #17 - DeAundre Brown MLB/OLB Tulsa
Explanation: Undersized as a LB at 5'11" 220 but has the potential to be a special teams demon. Tulsa's leading tackler this year with 125 tackles, 17 TFLs, 9 sacks, 1 int and 9 PDs. Very good coverage LB with great speed and range. Hard hitter who absolutely was murdering Tyler Wilson on blitzes against Arkansas. Good instincts and a very effective blitzer. Bit of a liability in the run game as he struggles getting off blocks and is undersized.

Undrafted Free Agents:
Ryan Aplin QB Arkansas State
Chris Thompson HB FSU
Curtis McNeal HB USC
Willie Carter FB/TE Tulsa
Jasper Collins WR Mount Union
Duron Carter WR FAU
Steven Warner C Louisiana Tech
Quinton Dial DT Alabama
Travis Johnson DE San Jose State
Ray Shipman OLB UCF
Archibald Barnes OLB Vanderbilt
Greg Reid CB FSU
Jonathan Cyprien S FIU

Projected Starting Lineup:
QB: Sam Bradford
HB: Daryl Richardson
FB: Lance Kendricks
WR1: Markus Wheaton
WR2: Chris Givens
WR3: Danny Amendola
TE: Ryan Otten
LT: Rodger Saffold
LG: Chance Warmack
C: Scott Wells
RG: Harvey Dahl
RT: Jake Matthews

LDE: Chris Long
LDT: Kendall Langford
RDT: Michael Brockers
RDE: Robert Quinn
WLB: Jo-Lonn Dunbar
MLB: James Laurinaitis
SLB: Daryl Smith
CB1: Cortland Finnegan
CB2: Janoris Jenkins
CB3: Trumaine Johnson
FS: Dashon Goldson
SS: Shawn Williams

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: John Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
KR: Dennis Johnson
PR: Greg Reid

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think Matthews will make it that far but if he did thats teremendous value. I like this mock alot.
MISTA314

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Shawn Williams pick. I'm working on my first 2013 mock and i've been juggling him from the 3rd-4th rounds. Also, as much as i love Dashon Goldson, i can't imagine a scenerio where Frisco lets him get away (especially to a division rival). I think he will be their top priority in the offseason. Pretty solid mock overall bro.
Ignore27Me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First post! Merry Xmas Rams fans! The first two rounds was exactly what I would want if those players are still there. I still believe in Kendricks, so I would not draft a TE, but if we can find improvement I'd understand.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Interestingly enough, one name that I want to dig deeper into is on the UDFA list, Jasper Collins.

Typically, in my earlier mocks, I try to throw guys on the UDFA list who I want to evaluate further because they aren't big names but they have something that stands out to me. I've had some luck in the past identifying guys like TJ Graham, Travis Benjamin, Taylor Thompson, Rokevious Watkins, Chris Greenwood, etc.

In this case, Collins stood out to me because of his production at Mount Union. With Mount Union putting out Pierre Garcon and Cecil Shorts of late, I think he's worth getting a look at.

I <3 Faulk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the odds that Goldson walks?

Out of the potential FA safeties, which would you rather have, Moore or Goldson? I know Moore won't likely see the market, but if he did I would be very tempted to lean towards Moore.

Nobody can stretch a page into oblivion like I can
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I <3 Faulk wrote:

Out of the potential FA safeties, which would you rather have, Moore or Goldson? I know Moore won't likely see the market, but if he did I would be very tempted to lean towards Moore.

I'd rather have Goldson. As for the odds, it depends if SF can/will pony up the cash. Goldson isn't the type of player who is going to pass up a lucrative offer from another team to stay in SF.

I <3 Faulk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
I <3 Faulk wrote:

I'd rather have Goldson. As for the odds, it depends if SF can/will pony up the cash. Goldson isn't the type of player who is going to pass up a lucrative offer from another team to stay in SF.

If they use the franchise tag, they will be choosing between VD and Goldson correct? If they franchise Goldson, VD may be a viable option at TE. Though I would rather the Rams not pay what he will be asking for.

Nobody can stretch a page into oblivion like I can

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: