Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who are you? Part II-- Introduce yourself, or update us!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dolphan9954


Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Posts: 6955
Location: Miami
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Who are you? Part II-- Introduce yourself, or update us! Reply with quote

I figured for many of us it has been a long time since we have posted in the Introduction thread. Since then we have many new members, and it is kind of intimidating. I know I wrote in it when I was 12 years old, and now I am a week away from being 20. I think it'd be interesting if we all quoted our original entry and then post an update. I just wanted to get the thread up, now I am going to hunt down my own.
_________________


Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig


Go Canes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dolphan9954


Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Posts: 6955
Location: Miami
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
My name is Ryan I'm from south beach i'm 13 and a season ticket holder, I'm really into te FFMD thing, I bleed Orange: Canes, and 'Phins... obviously i'm not married and but my favorite player is Ronnie Brown.


NAME: Ryan
AGE: 19 (20 in 2 weeks)
CITY: West Palm Beach/Orlando
SCHOOL (currently attended or if you graduated...where?): UCF, currently entering the second semester of my sophomore year.
JOB: I am the UCF football beat writer for the student paper, and an intern at a local publication in East Orlando.

A lot has changed since this post. I am no longer a season ticket holder, my dad lost his job about six years ago so we stopped attending games. The Dolphins NEVER won when we went, they were 5-22 in games I attended. I also have distanced myself from the Canes somewhat. As a reporter I am in a cool spot, I get paid to watch college football and I am writing about a team that I am not necessarily a diehard fan of, which is a cool dynamic.

It is interesting because I grew up a Hurricanes fan, but now while I still follow them some I just don't have the kind of time to invest into keeping close tabs on them. I love covering UCF football and I have the ability to have no bias BECAUSE I am not a diehard. Granted, I want them to do well because I have formed relationships with some players and it is easier to write about a winning team. It's hard to explain but I am sure you understand my point.

Currently been dating the same girl for 18 months which is always nice.

Attend UCF obviously, with a journalism major and a minor in Sport Business Management. It's pretty interesting studying the business side of sport, and getting the opportunity to see "big picture" what goes into CBA's, contracts, revenue and spending. Has changed my outlook some on the Dolphins and allowed me to really understand moves that front offices make, and issues that arise.

Interested to hear from some of you, some for the first time and others with an update over the last 8 years.[/quote]
_________________


Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig


Go Canes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
patdt13


Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 8796
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patdt13 wrote:
Im Pat known as PT at my school im 17,Im from Connecticut and not a Patriots fan i no shocking. Im an avid Phish Fan, like to play football Madden, I met Jason Taylor and my favorite player on the team right now is Ted Ginn Jr. And i also think that Chad Henne will be the starting Qb we couldn't find since Marino


Name: Patrick. Still known as PT
Age: 22
College: Springfield Technical Community College for Energy Systems Technology
Work: I'm at a love hate relationship with my job. I do see Philbins dad there from time to time.

I like to think I post better than that now. Ginn is probably one of my least favorite players now and YES I was wrong about Chad Henne. Shocked

Still love the Dolphins. There are a surprising number of Dolphins fans in New England. I believe Tannehill is the starting QB we couldn't find since some QB from Pittsburgh.
_________________

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dolphan9954


Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Posts: 6955
Location: Miami
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patdt13 wrote:
patdt13 wrote:
Im Pat known as PT at my school im 17,Im from Connecticut and not a Patriots fan i no shocking. Im an avid Phish Fan, like to play football Madden, I met Jason Taylor and my favorite player on the team right now is Ted Ginn Jr. And i also think that Chad Henne will be the starting Qb we couldn't find since Marino


Name: Patrick. Still known as PT
Age: 22
College: Springfield Technical Community College for Energy Systems Technology
Work: I'm at a love hate relationship with my job. I do see Philbins dad there from time to time.

I like to think I post better than that now. Ginn is probably one of my least favorite players now and YES I was wrong about Chad Henne. Shocked

Still love the Dolphins. There are a surprising number of Dolphins fans in New England. I believe Tannehill is the starting QB we couldn't find since some QB from Pittsburgh.


What I can tell from Pat: He loves quarterbacks and is probably the most desperate of anyone here for a franchise QB. Loved Henne, loves Tannehill and compares both of them to Marino Laughing Wink
_________________


Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig


Go Canes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
patdt13


Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 8796
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
patdt13 wrote:
patdt13 wrote:
Im Pat known as PT at my school im 17,Im from Connecticut and not a Patriots fan i no shocking. Im an avid Phish Fan, like to play football Madden, I met Jason Taylor and my favorite player on the team right now is Ted Ginn Jr. And i also think that Chad Henne will be the starting Qb we couldn't find since Marino


Name: Patrick. Still known as PT
Age: 22
College: Springfield Technical Community College for Energy Systems Technology
Work: I'm at a love hate relationship with my job. I do see Philbins dad there from time to time.

I like to think I post better than that now. Ginn is probably one of my least favorite players now and YES I was wrong about Chad Henne. Shocked

Still love the Dolphins. There are a surprising number of Dolphins fans in New England. I believe Tannehill is the starting QB we couldn't find since some QB from Pittsburgh.


What I can tell from Pat: He loves quarterbacks and is probably the most desperate of anyone here for a franchise QB. Loved Henne, loves Tannehill and compares both of them to Marino Laughing Wink


Pretty much.
_________________

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skatewood2


Joined: 10 Feb 2007
Posts: 5744
Location: Kent, WA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatewood2 wrote:
Hello everyone, my name is Geoff.

I am a diehard Dolphins fan and new to this message board.

I am currently in the Coast Guard and move around quite a bit so I love DirecTV so I can still watch the Fins on Sundays.

I have been a Fins Fan since the early 80's mostly starting because of Dan "The Man" Marino and grew into a Dolphins fan since then.

I am married with two boys who I hope will both grow up to be Football players but I am not pushing my luck.

I really enjoy the GM Mock Draft and have learned quite a bit from reading the different posts.


I couldn't believe I found this, i don't remember posting when I first started so I am happy it was there.

Name: Geoff
Age: 37
College: Graduated from Gonzaga w/Masters in 2010
Work: Still in the Coast Guard, three years from retirement

I still have to have DirecTV as it is the only way I can get to see the Fins play. I don't think I will ever live in FLA. I still really enjoy the Mock Drafts as I try to participate every year. Other than that, not much else has changed except for where I live.
_________________



NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RealMetalFan


Joined: 09 Mar 2008
Posts: 1661
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently I didn't post in the original thread, but I remember it was right before the draft where we took Jake Long. I guess my hello would've looked like this:

Quote:
Hi, my name is Wes, I'm 24 years old and I have a job I hate as a pizza elivery guy. I'm joining up here because I'm becoming interested in mock drafts and I'd like to look into who we may take. I'm also a buckeye fan, so naturally, I want us to draft Vernon Gholston!


Could I have been more wrong? haha

My name is still Wes, I'm 29 now, and working on my career as a coating inspector for the oil and natural gas industry. I'm still a buckeye fan, and if we let go of Starks in the offseason, I want us to draft big Hankins Razz
_________________

That right there is Catrinel Menghia, hottest woman who ever lived, soon to be Catrinel Alexander if she isn't careful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ProudDolphan47


Moderator
Joined: 07 Dec 2007
Posts: 5606
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun fact: ProudDolphan47 is NOT my original handle here on FF. As you can see below, I used to go by SuperSaban06, and posted my original introduction to the forum almost 7 years ago in February 2006:

SuperSaban06 wrote:
My name is Kyle, and i'm a 16 (soon to be 17) year old fan of the Miami Dolphins. I love football in general, and I'm a letter athelete on my high school team (the high school Chad Henne of Michigan attended) I played with him my freshman year, which was very cool. I catch a lot of crap about being a dolphins fan, but I could care less. I'm into weightlifting, football, surfing the net, chatting, listening to rock, and playing Xbox in my spare time...hope I can become one of the more interesting posters here.


Well I can tell you my name is still Kyle, I'm now 23 years old, I still went to the same high school as Chad Henne, I still get crap for being a Dolphins fan and I'm apparently much more attentive to my capitalizations.

I went to school for Kinesiology and received my Bachelor's degree from Penn State in 2011. Since I have become a corporate fitness coordinator in the region I grew up in. I originally am from Augusta, Georgia. I was young and impressionable at the time...dolphins were, and likely still are, my favorite animal, so logically if there is a team called the Dolphins, I'm going to pull for them.

I'm currently single (all 2 ladies in the history of the Dolphins forum...ahem), but have gone through an engagement which was called off about 6 months ago. Needless to say, I've found a lot out about myself...and the Dolphins, believe it or not, have become an even stronger passion of mine this season as I dedicated more time to more closely following the team.

My favorite beer is the Leinenkugel. I have a Queensland Heeler, I rescued her off of Craigslist of all places. I play XBOX 360 in my free time, I'm an avid Madden player and the Halo franchise is right in my wheelhouse. I'm active on almost all forums of social networking, I love my Apple products, and I'm a Belieber.

Most importantly, I love this place and I love the Dolphins. Till death do us part.
_________________
-Proud 2011 Inductee to FF's Miami Dolphins RoH

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
carlos2104


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 1677
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

most of you.... are younger than I expected.
_________________
TommyC376 on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
carlos2104


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 1677
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just read all 31 pages of this WOW!!.

Some of the pictures surprised me because they were so much different than I pictured them in my head....nice mullet back in the day frank, i had one too.

Didnt even know he had a female poster at one time.

Also noticed no one welcomed me to the forum j/k

Still love it here since I've been reading it for 3-4 years now. Keep up the good work everyone, and Welcome to the new posters!!!!

BTW (still 22, still named Christian, still refuse to settle down )


Took me a while to find this. Didnt' bother looking for the first one.
Now I'm 27, waiting to get hired on at a Hershey Factory once my background check clears (it will). I have a degree in broadcasting(which is super useless). The carlos nickname is from high school Spanish. It just never went away. Going through that thread made me realize how many people don't post anymore. Miss some of the guys.
_________________
TommyC376 on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deets


Moderator
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Posts: 12772
Location: Red Sox Nation
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda puts some scope on how long this site has been around now haha. . This year marked my 8th year here Laughing


Name: Nick
Age: 25
College: Undergrad at UConn and Masters at William & Mary
Job: Public Accounting (should be a CPA in a few months)


Pretty awesome that I got to meet patdt13 and FrankMoore in person this year.


Also I totally forgot Kyle used to be SuperSaban06. I was a huge Saban fan pre-betrayal too >_<
_________________

FF Member #67
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mountainpd


Joined: 21 Mar 2010
Posts: 2591
Location: Fareham, UK
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys and gals.

I've been around a while and often read the forum to gage different opinions on the Dolphins.

My names Phil and from Hampshire in the Uk. I'm a big NFL fan and huge Tottenham fan when it comes to Football or Soccer. Big frustration with regards to the coverage the NFL previously received over here although the joy of the Internet helps. TV coverage has grown massively over here last 3-4 years and I can finally watch college football on a regular basis which helps to contribute my opinion when talking all things draft.

Grew up with my dad supporting a Bears jersey and uncle following the cowboys so why I chose the Dolphins I don't know.

Favourite player all time = Z Thomas

Favourite player now = J Long

Lucky enough to see one live game a year now with the wembley visits although typically only visit the Dolphins made was the one win season with Cleo Lemon at QB.

Anyway see you around.

Happy new year.



Been a member a couple of years but only posted this last year so not much has changed. More into NFL than ever book leave from work for draft, superbowl etc. I have managed to watch some old game footage to increase my knowledge and ESPN gives me a few college games a week which is great.

I felt I needed a college team to follow and originally chose Penn State but have settled on LSU, very different I know, probably for coverage reasons.

I love reading comments on here positive and negative and have tried to contribute more of my own thoughts recently, I also love mocks and draft time.

Looking forward to travelling to the states next year an am hoping to make it an annual thing.

My favourite player is still Long but accept he may not be a Dolphin much longer, other favourites are Jones, Soliai and of course Wake. I'm praying this changes to Tannehill in next couple of years.
_________________


^^^Kempes^^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
finsyanksmancs


Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 3727
Location: Raleighwood
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
Kinda puts some scope on how long this site has been around now haha. . This year marked my 8th year here Laughing


Name: Nick
Age: 25
College: Undergrad at UConn and Masters at William & Mary
Job: Public Accounting (should be a CPA in a few months)


Pretty awesome that I got to meet patdt13 and FrankMoore in person this year.


Also I totally forgot Kyle used to be SuperSaban06. I was a huge Saban fan pre-betrayal too >_<


I just finished the first semester of a Masters in Accounting program, we take the CPA exam the last semester too. That test is gonna be a bear.
_________________


Sig by: PatsDynasty21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deets


Moderator
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Posts: 12772
Location: Red Sox Nation
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finsyanksmancs wrote:
Deets wrote:
Kinda puts some scope on how long this site has been around now haha. . This year marked my 8th year here Laughing


Name: Nick
Age: 25
College: Undergrad at UConn and Masters at William & Mary
Job: Public Accounting (should be a CPA in a few months)


Pretty awesome that I got to meet patdt13 and FrankMoore in person this year.


Also I totally forgot Kyle used to be SuperSaban06. I was a huge Saban fan pre-betrayal too >_<


I just finished the first semester of a Masters in Accounting program, we take the CPA exam the last semester too. That test is gonna be a bear.


Its ranked the hardest test in the world actually haaaaa. I've passed two of the four parts, gonna take another part in early January. Shoot me a pm if you have any strategy questions about tackling it, I might be able to give you some useful advice.
_________________

FF Member #67
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
finsyanksmancs


Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 3727
Location: Raleighwood
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
finsyanksmancs wrote:
Deets wrote:
Kinda puts some scope on how long this site has been around now haha. . This year marked my 8th year here Laughing


Name: Nick
Age: 25
College: Undergrad at UConn and Masters at William & Mary
Job: Public Accounting (should be a CPA in a few months)


Pretty awesome that I got to meet patdt13 and FrankMoore in person this year.


Also I totally forgot Kyle used to be SuperSaban06. I was a huge Saban fan pre-betrayal too >_<


I just finished the first semester of a Masters in Accounting program, we take the CPA exam the last semester too. That test is gonna be a bear.


Its ranked the hardest test in the world actually haaaaa. I've passed two of the four parts, gonna take another part in early January. Shoot me a pm if you have any strategy questions about tackling it, I might be able to give you some useful advice.


Yeah thanks I'll definitely do that, good luck on the last two!
_________________


Sig by: PatsDynasty21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group