Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marshawn Lynch elite?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
hawksman81


Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Posts: 2571
Location: I am the Eyas
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Lynch isnít elite than I donít know who is. Laughing
_________________


SaveourSonics wrote:
I love D!ck

JustisM wrote:
Why'd they turn the lights on?
Big Ben is more effective in the dark.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
drunkhawk


Joined: 03 Apr 2010
Posts: 808
Location: The Rainy City
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown_Mamba wrote:
JJ89 wrote:
immuhguy10 wrote:
I know Alexander did a lot for us, but being only 27 years old myself, and remembering only so far back, he was the most frustrating running back I have ever rooted for ha

Lynch is the man. Hands down.


Remember Julio Jones Laughing


Julius Jones*?

I do - he sucked. But let's not forget Lynch struggled in his first year in Seattle too behind that offensive line.
_________________


"I've never called anybody ugly. Do I think people are ugly? Yeah, I think he's ugly, but I've never said that..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tooki


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 10744
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown_Mamba wrote:
JJ89 wrote:
immuhguy10 wrote:
I know Alexander did a lot for us, but being only 27 years old myself, and remembering only so far back, he was the most frustrating running back I have ever rooted for ha

Lynch is the man. Hands down.


Remember Julio Jones Laughing


Julius Jones*?


We don't say that name in these parts Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawksman81 wrote:
If Lynch isnít elite than I donít know who is. Laughing


I'm sure khodder will still find a way to call him overrated.
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Selkiesxx


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 1544
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-#1- Adrian Peterson
-#2- Marshawn Lynch
-#3- Ray Rice
-#4- Lesean McCoy
-#5- Jamaal Charles
-#6- Arian Foster
-#7- Doug Martin
-#8- Matt Forte
-#9- Trent Richardson
-#10- Stevan Ridley

Not many backs I'd take over Lynch. That's my preferred list.
_________________
Newest Mock Draft .:. 1.11.13

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MAC DRE


Joined: 09 Mar 2009
Posts: 266
Location: Portland
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJ89 wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:
Yes he is elite. He's a top 3 running back in the league.

AP
Lynch
Rice


I agree thats the top 3, I would put Rice ahead of Lynch but other than that I wouldn't take anyone else over Lynch.


Ewww you're joking right? Lynch is far more superior than Rice. Rice is pretty dang solid but he has his share of bad games and teams can bottle him up if Flacco is off. It doesn't seem like any team can stop lynch no matter what and he is def the most powerful back. AP is a freak but I think Lynch has a bit more straight on power. The saints run for example...no one else does that. I would take Foster or a healthy MJD over Rice. anyday
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JJ89


Joined: 11 Jan 2010
Posts: 246
Location: Vejle, Denmark
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAC DRE wrote:
JJ89 wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:
Yes he is elite. He's a top 3 running back in the league.

AP
Lynch
Rice


I agree thats the top 3, I would put Rice ahead of Lynch but other than that I wouldn't take anyone else over Lynch.


Ewww you're joking right? Lynch is far more superior than Rice. Rice is pretty dang solid but he has his share of bad games and teams can bottle him up if Flacco is off. It doesn't seem like any team can stop lynch no matter what and he is def the most powerful back. AP is a freak but I think Lynch has a bit more straight on power. The saints run for example...no one else does that. I would take Foster or a healthy MJD over Rice. anyday


First of, I love Lynch! Rice and Lynch are completely different RB's. I would agree that Lynch is the better runner but Rice offers more in the passing game. I think they're neck to neck for the spot behind AP. I would tend to lean more towards Lynch now after we've started using the read option which has set our running game on fire. I wouldn't want Rice over Lynch for what we do in the running game, but a lot of other teams use RB's a lot in the passing game were Rice would be the better fit. Thats way I rated them as I did, not for our team, but for the league in general. I could have Lynch at 2nd my self, but you make it seem like it' not even close Confused

I'd take Rice over Foster and MJD going forward any day. To me Foster is overrated by the people that think of him as top 3 RB and don't trust MJD reaching his former level of play.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dools=hawks


Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Posts: 2767
Location: What's next?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:
-#1- Adrian Peterson
-#2- Marshawn Lynch
-#3- Ray Rice
-#4- Lesean McCoy
-#5- Jamaal Charles
-#6- Arian Foster
-#7- Doug Martin
-#8- Matt Forte
-#9- Trent Richardson
-#10- Stevan Ridley

Not many backs I'd take over Lynch. That's my preferred list.


other than AP no other back sets the tone of the game like Lynch. If we make a run in the playoffs it will be on the BEAST!

my top 5
AP
Lynch
MJD
Doug Martin
Lesean McCoy/ ray rice
_________________
Go Hawks!

WINTER IS COMING
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
outside_Insider


Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Posts: 1218
Location: Calgary, AB
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJ89 wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:
Yes he is elite. He's a top 3 running back in the league.

AP
Lynch
Rice


I agree thats the top 3, I would put Rice ahead of Lynch but other than that I wouldn't take anyone else over Lynch.


I'd take a healthy MJD at #2. People forget because of his bad year, but that guy flat out balled 2 years ago on a terrible team. He rushed for like 1600 yards on a losing team. Do you know how hard that is?
_________________


"We all we got, we all we need"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 25967
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems like my kind of debate: Lynch vs. Rice.

Well allow me to settle this:

Lynch > Rice. There you go.
_________________


Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JJ89


Joined: 11 Jan 2010
Posts: 246
Location: Vejle, Denmark
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
JJ89 wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:
Yes he is elite. He's a top 3 running back in the league.

AP
Lynch
Rice


I agree thats the top 3, I would put Rice ahead of Lynch but other than that I wouldn't take anyone else over Lynch.


I'd take a healthy MJD at #2. People forget because of his bad year, but that guy flat out balled 2 years ago on a terrible team. He rushed for like 1600 yards on a losing team. Do you know how hard that is?


No, do you? Laughing

But seriously no one said they would take rice or lynch over a healthy MJD, so I don't get your point.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 25967
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJ89 wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:
JJ89 wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:
Yes he is elite. He's a top 3 running back in the league.

AP
Lynch
Rice


I agree thats the top 3, I would put Rice ahead of Lynch but other than that I wouldn't take anyone else over Lynch.


I'd take a healthy MJD at #2. People forget because of his bad year, but that guy flat out balled 2 years ago on a terrible team. He rushed for like 1600 yards on a losing team. Do you know how hard that is?


No, do you? Laughing

But seriously no one said they would take rice or lynch over a healthy MJD, so I don't get your point.


I would take Lynch over MJD Very Happy

I would go Lynch > MJD > Rice
_________________


Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THEFOOTBALLXPRT


Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 10466
Location: Bothell, WA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drunkhawk wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:
JJ89 wrote:
immuhguy10 wrote:
I know Alexander did a lot for us, but being only 27 years old myself, and remembering only so far back, he was the most frustrating running back I have ever rooted for ha

Lynch is the man. Hands down.


Remember Julio Jones Laughing


Julius Jones*?

I do - he sucked. But let's not forget Lynch struggled in his first year in Seattle too behind that offensive line.


I don't remember him ever sucking here. Even in buffalo, whom, while he was there, had some of the most atrocious run blocking lines inning lifetime, he had 2 1,000 yard seasons IIRC. Lynch is an elite RB who sets the tone for the team unlike anyone other than AD. That being said, there are backs comparable in overall skill, even if they aren't as great of a pure runner. MJD, Rice and Lesean McCoy all come to mind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
drunkhawk


Joined: 03 Apr 2010
Posts: 808
Location: The Rainy City
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
drunkhawk wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:
JJ89 wrote:
immuhguy10 wrote:
I know Alexander did a lot for us, but being only 27 years old myself, and remembering only so far back, he was the most frustrating running back I have ever rooted for ha

Lynch is the man. Hands down.


Remember Julio Jones Laughing


Julius Jones*?

I do - he sucked. But let's not forget Lynch struggled in his first year in Seattle too behind that offensive line.


I don't remember him ever sucking here. Even in buffalo, whom, while he was there, had some of the most atrocious run blocking lines inning lifetime, he had 2 1,000 yard seasons IIRC. Lynch is an elite RB who sets the tone for the team unlike anyone other than AD. That being said, there are backs comparable in overall skill, even if they aren't as great of a pure runner. MJD, Rice and Lesean McCoy all come to mind.

I didn't say he sucked. I said he struggled. His first season in Seattle consisted of dancing around in the backfield for a few seconds looking for a hole, before muscling through for a 3 yard gain.

You can't tell me 573 rushing yards and 3.5 YPC in 12 games isn't struggling. That's worse than Shaun Alexander in his last two years here.
_________________


"I've never called anybody ugly. Do I think people are ugly? Yeah, I think he's ugly, but I've never said that..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group