Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rex....do you want Woody to fire him?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want a switch at HC?
Yes
37%
 37%  [ 9 ]
No
62%
 62%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 24

barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Rex....do you want Woody to fire him? Reply with quote

Eagles are reportedly targeting Chip Kelly. Do you want to replace Rex? If so, with who? Let's hear it.
green24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Rex, but change is needed. I think he can be a good coach, but I don't think it can be with this team.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I do not. I want to make a change at GM, get someone who understands football more and can do a better job in the drafts. I feel our biggest problem is a lack of talent. I also want to bring in a OC who is better with QBs and a veteran QB, not confident in developing another QB right now.

Hire Norv Turner as OC, hes plenty experienced with QBs and with running a offense. Then try to bring in a veteran QB who can start next season, like Alex Smith. Smith may not be a elite QB, but he doesn't turn the ball over, hes 6'4 and can run, hes got a strong arm and he seems to be ascending. Hopefully they can find a way to trade Sanchez.

Then try to add more talent to the offense and we still need a edge rusher on defense and get younger at LB.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
jetskid007

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish someone could fire Woody Laughing
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.Revis24 wrote:
No I do not. I want to make a change at GM, get someone who understands football more and can do a better job in the drafts. I feel our biggest problem is a lack of talent. I also want to bring in a OC who is better with QBs and a veteran QB, not confident in developing another QB right now.

Hire Norv Turner as OC, hes plenty experienced with QBs and with running a offense. Then try to bring in a veteran QB who can start next season, like Alex Smith. Smith may not be a elite QB, but he doesn't turn the ball over, hes 6'4 and can run, hes got a strong arm and he seems to be ascending. Hopefully they can find a way to trade Sanchez.

Then try to add more talent to the offense and we still need a edge rusher on defense and get younger at LB.

Sign Alex Smith, Trade for McFadden, and trade down in the first take a G in the 1st and our team is leaps and bounds better off the bat. Then add a WR and OLB in the 3rd. (assuming DMC trade takes a 2nd)(trade back gives us an extra 3rd)
moham-17

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:

Seconded.

Woody is the head honcho of this circus after-all.
green24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:

Yes. Do it, Goodell.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moham-17 wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:

Seconded.

Woody is the head honcho of this circus after-all.

Buy no merch or tickets and boycott everything until Woody is forced to sell

Then start a petition for the fans to vote on a new owner

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rex mismanaged this team and I wanted him gone a few weeks ago...

I'm done with that thought process though. I'm fine if he stays. But a major upheaval is needed. Especially with personnel decisions on offense.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rex is fine, we have very unrealistic expectations for our HC regarding his coaching. He's improved at things like clock management, we just need a good GM to appoint an OC who'll do his own thing and get away from 'ground and pound' and develop a QB. Rex is a fine head coach and a great defensive guy.

Consistency is a good thing, cleaning house 2 years removed from back to back AFC Championship Games would be typical of the Jets and make us a complete farce when Rex goes on and does well elsewhere. Look at Kubiak, he could have gone anytime with mediocre seasons. If we'd been 2-14 this year I could understand.

Adopt a Jet: Sheldon Richardson

Tackles - 77
Sacks - 3.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
4 Carries - 4 Yards - 2 TDs
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ship won't be right in one year...do you guys think Woody shows some patience and gives Rex a 6th year if we miss the playoffs next year?

I don't think the chances are high, but if the team moves in the right direction over the next 12 months and misses the playoffs, I won't be opposed to it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with numerous people on this thread, fire Woody first and foremost. However I like Rex, and I'd keep him if he can bring Norv Turner in. If not we might as well clean house and bring in a guy like Mike McCoy or Kyle Shannahan.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukjets21 wrote:
Rex is fine, we have very unrealistic expectations for our HC regarding his coaching. He's improved at things like clock management, we just need a good GM to appoint an OC who'll do his own thing and get away from 'ground and pound' and develop a QB. Rex is a fine head coach and a great defensive guy.

Consistency is a good thing, cleaning house 2 years removed from back to back AFC Championship Games would be typical of the Jets and make us a complete farce when Rex goes on and does well elsewhere. Look at Kubiak, he could have gone anytime with mediocre seasons. If we'd been 2-14 this year I could understand.

Agree with all of this. Rex is still one of the better head coaches in the NFL

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

DHarvey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My answer is yes..as part of a much larger concept..namely Woody has got to not only fire Tanny as GM but also get rid of him and Terry Bradway and Rex and Sporano...some of the position coaches should remain,, specifically Dennis Thurman (maybe elevate him to DC with Pettine going away)...

Now to specifics:

On Rex..I think he may be a better DC than a Head Coach..he's better at coaching players and doing his X's and O's..but when it comes to 'managing', I think he is too much of a 'friend' to subordinates..hence hanging on to Shotty at least a year too long.. or hanging on to Mark at least 5 games too long. In fact, Rex stopped being the coach of the NY Jets and became the coach of Mark Sanchez..Rex seemed more concerned with protecting Mark than protecting the other 52 players who had to live with Mark's horrendous decisions and play. Imagine how the defensive players felt every time Mark threw another INT coupled with Rex's refusal to put in another QB?

In addition, Rex has shown himself to be stubborn to a fault..an inability to assess his own decision making and instead digging in his heels on critical personnel issues..and finally, his friggin mouth..he's made himself a clown..and I can't stand even listening to him anymore...

On Tanny and Terry Bradway.. rumors are already floating around that Tanny might be reasigned to "capologist-only" duties while Woody goes hunting for a new GM..and there's the problem with this organization.. Woody himself sets the tone by tolerating mediocrity such as 're-assigning and clinging' to folks like Bradway (who by the way is apparently responsible for our personnel choices and if that's the case he should of been long gone awhile ago). Will Woody make the same mistake with Tanny? Maybe that's how things are run at Johnson & Johnson where your name brand is so strong and historically so market dominant, maybe one can tolerate personnel mediocrity and still make money. Well welcome to the NFL Woody..it ain't going to work here.

Sporano..not even going to waste my breath.

My fear is next season we will see:

1)Rex at the helm along with his motor mouth and BS
2) Some eunich challenged GM who has to 'live' with Tanny in some 'accomodation';
3)Tanny and Bradway still hangin around the Jets complex friggin up the draft and 'playing to win now' strategy (a strategy that has taken us into the cellar by the way).
4)Mark in a Jets uniform in some kind of continuing QB saga ad nauseum
5)SOJ...

Merry Christmas One and All.
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DHarvey wrote:
My answer is yes..as part of a much larger concept..namely Woody has got to not only fire Tanny as GM but also get rid of him and Terry Bradway and Rex and Sporano...some of the position coaches should remain,, specifically Dennis Thurman (maybe elevate him to DC with Pettine going away)...

Now to specifics:

On Rex..I think he may be a better DC than a Head Coach..he's better at coaching players and doing his X's and O's..but when it comes to 'managing', I think he is too much of a 'friend' to subordinates..hence hanging on to Shotty at least a year too long.. or hanging on to Mark at least 5 games too long. In fact, Rex stopped being the coach of the NY Jets and became the coach of Mark Sanchez..Rex seemed more concerned with protecting Mark than protecting the other 52 players who had to live with Mark's horrendous decisions and play. Imagine how the defensive players felt every time Mark threw another INT coupled with Rex's refusal to put in another QB?

In addition, Rex has shown himself to be stubborn to a fault..an inability to assess his own decision making and instead digging in his heels on critical personnel issues..and finally, his friggin mouth..he's made himself a clown..and I can't stand even listening to him anymore...

On Tanny and Terry Bradway.. rumors are already floating around that Tanny might be reasigned to "capologist-only" duties while Woody goes hunting for a new GM..and there's the problem with this organization.. Woody himself sets the tone by tolerating mediocrity such as 're-assigning and clinging' to folks like Bradway (who by the way is apparently responsible for our personnel choices and if that's the case he should of been long gone awhile ago). Will Woody make the same mistake with Tanny? Maybe that's how things are run at Johnson & Johnson where your name brand is so strong and historically so market dominant, maybe one can tolerate personnel mediocrity and still make money. Well welcome to the NFL Woody..it ain't going to work here.

Sporano..not even going to waste my breath.

My fear is next season we will see:

1)Rex at the helm along with his motor mouth and BS
2) Some eunich challenged GM who has to 'live' with Tanny in some 'accomodation';
3)Tanny and Bradway still hangin around the Jets complex friggin up the draft and 'playing to win now' strategy (a strategy that has taken us into the cellar by the way).
4)Mark in a Jets uniform in some kind of continuing QB saga ad nauseum
5)SOJ...

Merry Christmas One and All.

Almost 100% agree. I think Rex has done decent this year with injuries and with what our GM gives them to work with. You know he had no interest in Tebow. I do hope he shuts his mouth, because i dont believe a damn word he says and its getting really annoying.
We're not gonna get a top notch GM with Woody's idiotic plans of keeping Tanny in a similiar role. Time to grow a set and let him go. However, what GM is going to want to keep a HC? This is going to get interesting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: