Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Christmas Eve Mocking (and off season)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kysteeler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Christmas Eve Mocking (and off season) Reply with quote

The Steelers are sitting at the number 14 spot.

Off season:

Retained- Hampton, Legs and all RFAs

Harrison is a big question mark as his release depending on the date creates dead money. Asking him to take a pay cut seems unlikely as it would need to be around 5 million to make it worth doing. I really hate to say it but the situation just doesn't make sense to keep Harrison.

Ike Taylor would have to be another tough cut. Lewis is a FA, but it would still be cheaper for the Steelers to resign Lewis than keep Taylor. We have a solid young group of three at this position, and would just need to add quality depth.

Ask Brett Keisel to take a pay cut or release him (I think he would take a cut to play one more year)

Restructures: Ben (or extend), Timmons, Woodley

Colon could be cut, but with his dead money hit it would only save the Steelers around 1M in cap, so I would expect him back, unless someone would trade for him, or they really don't want him on the team.

Finally you could retain Wallace if on a long-term deal if the above were to happen.

Having no clue what Mendy is looking for, I'm just going to say he isn't back.

After this off season the wholes on the team would be:

OLB- Worilds
RB- Dwyer
NT- McClendon/Hampton
S- Have starters no depth
OG- Colon/Legs

While we would have starters in everyone of these position, these are still the areas of need in my eyes.

Draft: Trade down

1. Jon Jenkins NT Georgia
2. Tony Jefferson S Oklahoma
3. Joseph Randle RB Oklahoma St.
3. Brandon Jenkins OLB Florida St.
4. Jordan Matthews WR Vandy
5. Travis Bond OG North Carolina
5. Rod Sweeting CB Georgia Tech (William Gay Comp)

I would think spending mid/high picks on Spence and Worilds they would get a chance to show what they have in a full time role. I think Worilds did ok considering he missed the preseason.
Leader O'Cola

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no TE ?
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good mock. I like it.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the #87 Sid's sig!
kysteeler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leader O'Cola wrote:
no TE ?

There are a good amount of them in FA and the draft is pretty weak on TEs this yr.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ky

1. We don't do free agency normally, so when we're in cap hell, I don't see it happening. I agree with you that it SHOULD be an option, I'm just not sure we end up going that direction

2. Keisel last year and then from about game 6 on this season has been our best player on the front 7 and easily our best, most consistent DL. He just approached his career high in sacks and is playing very well. I can see us moving on without him, and I cannot see us forcing Cam Heyward into yet another redshirt season

3. I believe we get $5.5M in cap money back if we cut Colon's fat sloppy a$$ after June 1st

4. Mendy is as gone as gone can get.

5. Dwyer is, according to both Lolley and Wexall, a chubby bubby yet again, which explains why he is constantly tapping out of games after 2 or 3 plays to get a breather. Ridiculous.

6. Will Allen played quite well. I think Golden gets some playing time at safety, or so I hope

7. Ike is a VERY tough cut. With Ike, Keenan and Cortez, we have 3 solid CBs. It's tough to go into a season now without that type of CB talent, considering we have absolutely no pass rush.
Mason Storm

Location: Hmm fire Tomlin of course y didnt i think of that oh yea because thats stupid.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't see Keisel or Ike gone Heyward has done nothing to earn more playing time. Vet's I can see gone maybe: Harrison, Colon, Mendy, Hampton, Starks, Leftwich, Batch, Wallace, Pope, Foote, Mundy, Plax, Van Dyke, Hood. It's going to be a tough off season.

^ TommyC376 sig n avy^
"You know your a parent when you pay $120 for your kid to watch something live thats on tv for free"
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Hood is not going anywhere

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Kethy: What would you do about our RB situation then? For me, I'd actually consider letting Mendy and Dwyer go, sign a back who can handle the load and have Redman on 3rd downs. I don't believe Dwyer can be that feature back and Mendy quit on our team. No way to tell what Dwyer will do once he gets the money either. He might just put Dunkin Donuts surpassing Walmart in terms of revenue!
kysteeler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
ky

1. We don't do free agency normally, so when we're in cap hell, I don't see it happening. I agree with you that it SHOULD be an option, I'm just not sure we end up going that direction

2. Keisel last year and then from about game 6 on this season has been our best player on the front 7 and easily our best, most consistent DL. He just approached his career high in sacks and is playing very well. I can see us moving on without him, and I cannot see us forcing Cam Heyward into yet another redshirt season

3. I believe we get $5.5M in cap money back if we cut Colon's fat sloppy a$$ after June 1st

4. Mendy is as gone as gone can get.

5. Dwyer is, according to both Lolley and Wexall, a chubby bubby yet again, which explains why he is constantly tapping out of games after 2 or 3 plays to get a breather. Ridiculous.

6. Will Allen played quite well. I think Golden gets some playing time at safety, or so I hope

7. Ike is a VERY tough cut. With Ike, Keenan and Cortez, we have 3 solid CBs. It's tough to go into a season now without that type of CB talent, considering we have absolutely no pass rush.

Oh I know we don't normally do FA, and I wouldn't have us picking up anyone but people for depth.

No doubt Keisel has been rock solid, but I really think he would have to take a cut unless we end up cutting someone else.

You're right about Colon, it would save 5.5 this year, but we would have a 2014 dead money hit of 4.3, so I would have us cutting Colon as well, and that should help with Keisel.

At the RB position I have no faith in anyone but Mendy being able to carry the load all year, and I do agree, I don't think he'll be back. I really like the Randle kid out of Oklahoma St.

I have us drafting a safety and keeping Golden on the roster right now, but Allen did play well, but will be 35 next season.

It's going to be a messy off season, but I think this team will take a good turn.
95lloyd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut Ike? You is crazy!
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put me in the I don't see many changes category. This teams needs to get healthy (guys like Troy, Ike, Heath and the OL) then have a good draft again. Adding a few players to what they already have and moving on from a few dead weight guys like Mendy, Wallace, and Colon will mean more wins IMO. Just have to stay healthy, it's the key to all teams winning seasons to be honest.

Draft the BPA in every round. They could use upgrades at depth just about everywhere on their team.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SteelFire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Put me in the I don't see many changes category. This teams needs to get healthy (guys like Troy, Ike, Heath and the OL) then have a good draft again. Adding a few players to what they already have and moving on from a few dead weight guys like Mendy, Wallace, and Colon will mean more wins IMO. Just have to stay healthy, it's the key to all teams winning seasons to be honest.

Draft the BPA in every round. They could use upgrades at depth just about everywhere on their team.

+1
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mason Storm wrote:
Heyward has done nothing to earn more playing time.

that's what happens when you don't play more than half a dozen snaps per game for 2 consecutive seasons. in the single game where he got to start and play the majority of a game this year at LDE, he showed more than Ziggy has EVER shown.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
This teams needs to get healthy

we say that every season though. Not saying you're wrong, but eventually we need to look at the root cause. If it's "next man up" and "the standard is the standard" then perhaps we need to reevaluate who we have in key positions both on the field and along the coaching staff.

This is Tomlin's year. I think this might be LeBeau's final season, and Tomlin will go into next year, possibly, with more of his starters than Cowher AND with a pair of coordinators of his own hire.
Mason Storm

Location: Hmm fire Tomlin of course y didnt i think of that oh yea because thats stupid.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
LOL! Hood is not going anywhere

Don't kill my dream Laughing

^ TommyC376 sig n avy^
"You know your a parent when you pay $120 for your kid to watch something live thats on tv for free"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: