Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is it possible that the Seahawks have the OROY & DROY?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobob123

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Is it possible that the Seahawks have the OROY & DROY? Reply with quote

OROY Candidate:

Russell Wilson = Passing Yards 2,868, 25 TD, 10 Int, Comp% 63.4, Rushing Yards 431, Avg 5.6, 3 TD

One of the hottest QBs in the league right now!

DROY Candidate:

Bobby Wagner = Tackles 130, 2 Sacks, 3 Int, 6 Tackles for loss

The play caller for one of the best defenses in the league, and also one of the better young LBs in the league..

So I think the Hawks have a good chance to have both OROY and DROY on this roster, and that's not even talking about Bruce Irvin's impact on this team...

"Guess what! I got a fever, and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!" - Christopher Walken
Sacks98

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither one are going to win it to the national media we live in some far off land but yea i think Wagner should be high up there for DROY he is putting up some impressive stats on a good defense.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think luck wins because he did it with less talent around him, more consistent all season and has 7 comebacks this year on his resume. Wilson wins hands down for the month of December but I think his body of work over the whole season isn't quite as strong. Not a popular opinion here I'm sure but thats my vote anyway.

Wagner has a good shot, the droy award is wide open imo.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGIII wins OROY because ESPN loves following every little move he makes. "Omg, RGIII went to the bathroom. We will keep you updated on his status"

DROY will probably be Luke K because of one statistic: tackles.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
union hawk fan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's either going to RG3 because of all the espn attention he gets or Luck because of all the hype. Sucks because I think Wilson deserves it more than both of them but it's hard getting the media to talk about a guy that plays in Seattle. I think it's going to come down to Luke K, Wagner or the tampa linebacker for DROY, all three are going to really good players for a long time
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it possible that the Seahawks have the OROY & DRO Reply with quote

bobob123 wrote:
OROY Candidate:

Russell Wilson = Passing Yards 2,868, 25 TD, 10 Int, Comp% 63.4, Rushing Yards 431, Avg 5.6, 3 TD

DROY Candidate:

The play caller for one of the best defenses in the league, and also one of the better young LBs in the league..

So I think the Hawks have a good chance to have both OROY and DROY on this roster, and that's not even talking about Bruce Irvin's impact on this team...
Why is everyone posting these posts now after this win? Seattle beat an absolute beat up 9er team without arguably their best defensive player, in Seattle. If SF was at full strength and could actually play I can see this much trash talk and confidence but they've beaten Arizona, Buffalo, and a team coming off a trip across the country playing on defense for 92 plays. Just tone this down a bit, we were all saying how bad/overated our defense was a couple weeks ago. Now they're almighty and one of the best? C'mon man.

Wagner shouldn't be DPOY. He's got playmakers around him. Kuechly should get it. I hope Wagner does though.

Russell definately should though i think. extremely poised and confident and efficient.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown_Mamba wrote:
RGIII wins OROY because ESPN loves following every little move he makes. "Omg, RGIII went to the bathroom. We will keep you updated on his status"

DROY will probably be Luke K because of one statistic: tackles.

This.

As a fan I want both awards to come to our deserving players but realistically. Because Luke Kuechly and RG3 are 1st round picks and get all the media. They will most likely win.

Wilson will break Peyton Manning Rookie TD record of 26 next week. And Swagner is the Leader of the Top Defense in the NFL. Both players deserve these awards.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
I think luck wins because he did it with less talent around him, more consistent all season and has 7 comebacks this year on his resume. Wilson wins hands down for the month of December but I think his body of work over the whole season isn't quite as strong. Not a popular opinion here I'm sure but thats my vote anyway.

Wagner has a good shot, the droy award is wide open imo.

Look at the teams the Colts have beat. It's a bunch of crap. Wilson has beat the Packers, Bears, Patriots, Vikings, Cowboys, and 49ers, all playoff caliber teams. Wilson is on the verge of breaking the rookie TD record, with 200 LESS attempts than Peyton Manning. Luck, on the other hand, is among the league leaders in INTs and his yardage record isn't impressive at all with the volume of his passing. He has a lower YPC than Wilson. I see no reason for Luck to win, I'd vote for Griffin over him, but Wilson to win it all.
bobob123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: Is it possible that the Seahawks have the OROY & DRO Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
Why is everyone posting these posts now after this win? Seattle beat an absolute beat up 9er team without arguably their best defensive player, in Seattle. If SF was at full strength and could actually play I can see this much trash talk and confidence but they've beaten Arizona, Buffalo, and a team coming off a trip across the country playing on defense for 92 plays. Just tone this down a bit, we were all saying how bad/overated our defense was a couple weeks ago. Now they're almighty and one of the best? C'mon man.

This is total B/S............

First Off, The 49ers played the Cards & Bills and didn't beat them like the Hawks did.... and many other teams have had their chances to put up 50+ points against these teams, but they couldn't............. So that B/S argument is weak.

Secondly, The Seahawks traveled from Seattle to Toronto and back, so that means the long travel excuse for the 49ers is total B/S........

Thirdly, The Sehawks have had some huge wins in the last three games and could've had the same letdown, but they didn't they stepped up and played like a playoff team..... so the "big emotional win" for the 49ers is a total B/S argument as well..

Fourthly, The Justin Smith argument is B/S as well.... The Hawks were missing BB, Thurmond,..... and Justin Smith doesn't makeup the entire 49ers team..... Yeah they missed him, but just his loss shouldn't mean they lose a game as important as this.... So I call B/S on that as well..

"Guess what! I got a fever, and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!" - Christopher Walken
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think both can win. Wilson just showed up on national television on the (at the time) top scoring defense in the NFL. And lately has been getting fed to the rest of the nation.

Bobby has a good chance as well.

Kempes

#JDI
KayJayz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilson is very close to overtaking RG3 in the eyes of the media, it's just a matter of time before they call his name for OROY. Kuechly has 21 more tackles but Wagner has 1 more sack and 1 more interception. I would take that over 21 tackles any day of the week.

Another individual award that is being overlooked is for Pete Carroll. The balls that this guy showed to start RW over Flynn should win the Coach of the Year, hands down. Not to mention building this team into a scary playoff contender who scores 150 points in 3 consecutive games.

~props to mike23md~
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Carroll may be the second place CoTY. I think Pagano has that, despite not coaching for a few games.

Schneider, I feel, should win Exec of the year.

Kempes

#JDI
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: Is it possible that the Seahawks have the OROY & DRO Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
bobob123 wrote:
OROY Candidate:

DROY Candidate:

Wagner shouldn't be DPOY. He's got playmakers around him. Kuechly should get it. I hope Wagner does though.

Russell definately should though i think. extremely poised and confident and efficient.
kuechly? Hell no. All he has done is make tackles. Wagner has been more impressive this year. Janoris Jenkins is a dark horse

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it possible that the Seahawks have the OROY & DRO Reply with quote

bobob123 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:

This is total B/S............

First Off, The 49ers played the Cards & Bills and didn't beat them like the Hawks did.... and many other teams have had their chances to put up 50+ points against these teams, but they couldn't............. So that B/S argument is weak.

Secondly, The Seahawks traveled from Seattle to Toronto and back, so that means the long travel excuse for the 49ers is total B/S........

Thirdly, The Sehawks have had some huge wins in the last three games and could've had the same letdown, but they didn't they stepped up and played like a playoff team..... so the "big emotional win" for the 49ers is a total B/S argument as well..

Fourthly, The Justin Smith argument is B/S as well.... The Hawks were missing BB, Thurmond,..... and Justin Smith doesn't makeup the entire 49ers team..... Yeah they missed him, but just his loss shouldn't mean they lose a game as important as this.... So I call B/S on that as well..
You kidding me? The niners beat down on the Bills and beat the Cards IN Arizona pretty comfortably. They'll destroy them this weekend too in San Fran.

Seattle got to travel home..you can not say that isnt a distinct advantage. We also rested all our starters in the fourth.

So what? It is not B/S. Seattle was fresh, SF was not. How can you argue that had nothing to do with the end result? That's just pathetic to think we're the almighty favorites now. As soon as we lose a game you won't be back posting anyway because you just want to talk up this team.

Again, Justin Smith is a much bigger need for them than BB and Thurmond are for us. C'mon now.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it possible that the Seahawks have the OROY & DRO Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
bobob123 wrote:
OROY Candidate:

DROY Candidate:

They lost their best defensive player, but they still have Aldon Smith, Patrick Willis, Bowman, Rodgers, McDonald, Goldson, and Whitner. No big deal, right? That whole 92 plays thing is crap imo. It's just an excuse. I mean, they had 6 days to rest, I'm sure those plays didn't wear them out THAT much.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: