Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

On the bright side ...Luke Kuechly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@Panthers: Based on his skill set, Jon Beason may return as an OLB once he recovers from shoulder and knee injuries: http://t.co/PtQqG3Ck

This was a tweet from yesterday. Probably doesn't mean much, but I think a Beason-Kuechly-Davis/Anderson lineup would be ideal. Give the man time to get healthy. He rushed it back this year and look at what happened. Takes two full years to recover from an Achilles injury. With modern medicine I have no doubt he can come back an be 100%.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FriendlyEnemy wrote:
Quote:
@Panthers: Based on his skill set, Jon Beason may return as an OLB once he recovers from shoulder and knee injuries: http://t.co/PtQqG3Ck

This was a tweet from yesterday. Probably doesn't mean much, but I think a Beason-Kuechly-Davis/Anderson lineup would be ideal. Give the man time to get healthy. He rushed it back this year and look at what happened. Takes two full years to recover from an Achilles injury. With modern medicine I have no doubt he can come back an be 100%.

It'll be Anderson/Beason-Kuechly-Davis at this point
Zithers

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://pro32.ap.org/dailybreeze/content/beason-wants-remain-panther-after-losing-job

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah, can neither Beason or Davis really play strongside backer?
BringinDaPain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Rivera gets canned the new coaching staff may switch from 4-3 to the 3-4 D. (Davis-Beason-Keek-Anderson) I know 2 of the 4 are undersized but I believe with the way they play it could work.

2011 OROY Winner - Cam Newton
2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly
2013 DPOY Winner - Luke Kuechly
2014 OROY Watch - Kelvin Benjamin
Cypher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BringinDaPain wrote:
If Rivera gets canned the new coaching staff may switch from 4-3 to the 3-4 D. (Davis-Beason-Keek-Anderson) I know 2 of the 4 are undersized but I believe with the way they play it could work.

I don't, not for a second. Davis is a tough, gritty player, but he'd spend most of his time being pancaked by guards and tackles one-on-one. Hard to get sacks from your [inappropriate/removed]. Johnson/Hardy/Alexander would have to play at least one of the OLB spots. Beason is a little small for MLB in a 3-4, and isn't that stellar shedding blocks/working through traffic. Then you get into the whole "We don't have a NT" problem.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
boondock

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
Gah, can neither Beason or Davis really play strongside backer?

Their skill set does not really allow it. They have a hard time shedding blockers. They are best in the open field where they can make tackles. The job of the strong side LB is to basically pave the way for the other LBs to make plays.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think today was Kuechly's best game. Even take away his INT, he made a lot of nice plays, was cautiously aggressive, and overall just came away with some great stops.
rjkilla

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
I think today was Kuechly's best game. Even take away his INT, he made a lot of nice plays, was cautiously aggressive, and overall just came away with some great stops.

i love watching him flip the switch from nice unassuming quiet young man to fired up aggressive in your face beast on the field

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Davis was also playing out of his mind, especially early. Dude was all over the field. Legitimate Comeback Player of the Year candidate, but for Manning and Peterson overshadowing him. And honestly, I'm not convinced he still shouldn't win it, anyway.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Davis was also playing out of his mind, especially early. Dude was all over the field. Legitimate Comeback Player of the Year candidate, but for Manning and Peterson overshadowing him. And honestly, I'm not convinced he still shouldn't win it, anyway.

Well, should is always a funny thing. I bet Manning/Peterson will take MVP and CPOY, don't know who gets which though.
rjkilla

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember a play yesterday where 97 lined up inside and luke came up and moved him outside. then when the ball was snapped they ran right at 97 and he made the tackle easily because he was in the perfect position. which of course luke put him in pre snap. love that kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/Luke-Kuechly-Panthers-Play-Physical-Team-Defense/85eb9095-716a-4ed1-857d-066ca69f1030

Might very well be my favorite Panther at the moment. Still love Cam but Kuechly is just fun to watch play and has been a huge reason in how this defense is night and day compared to how they began the year when he wasn't manning the middle. Once he eliminates some mistakes here and there like miscues in coverage or missed tackles, he very well could develop into the best ILB/MLB in the league in a couple of years.

Well, the best one not named Patrick Willis.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: