Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 17: Pats and Broncos Games Watch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Week 17: Pats and Broncos Games Watch Reply with quote

I figured I should make a thread to discuss the Pats and Broncos games this week. The Pats finish off the season at home against the Dolphins at 3:25 CT and the Broncos finish off the season at home against the Chiefs at 3:25.

Here is the scenario in case you don't know on how the Texans can clinch homefield.

Houston clinches a first-round bye with:
1) HOU win or tie OR
2) NE loss or tie OR
3) DEN loss

Houston clinches home-field advantage throughout AFC playoffs with:
1) HOU win OR
2) HOU tie + DEN loss or tie OR
3) NE loss or tie + DEN loss

The worst case scenario is that we end up with the 3rd seed, and we could have a rematch of last season's AFC Wildcard playoff game with the Bengals.

Go Dolphins and Chiefs!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reject this thread on principle alone. If we are counting on the Pats or Denver to lose to hand us home field advantage vs. going into Indy and earning it ourselves, we clearly aren't good enough to beat Cinn better yet either of them in January. Losing in the 2nd round will ring hollow this year as a step back for a team that got there with TJ Yates, regardless if its at home vs. Cinn/Balt or in Foxboro/Denver, but especially if we back into a home game despite yet again losing to Indy in Indy which also bodes poorly for a division crown in 2013.

I think I could quickly recover and consider this season a success if we lose to Brady or Peyton in an AFC Championship game that we would certainly be home dogs in, but in a way THIS WEEK is the week that will define our season more than any other (unless we lose Cinn or Indy in the playoffs). Losing to Baltimore would sting as well, but frankly I think they would have been in the Super Bowl last year and could have secured home field themselves this year if not for the idiocy of Cam Cameron.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: