Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Whats up with the Texans?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AntiSuperstar


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 4444
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Tate was hurt and then in the dog house and sometimes a team can lock Down you run game and That's when the web needs to do a great job and hit guys


I watch all the games, and Matt Schaub has yet to have as bad a game as Arian Foster had against Tennessee. A game where Foster should have been benched. He's been very inconsistant as of late and is too hesitant to make decisions. At least in the New England game you could make the excuse that the right side of the o-line was getting destroyed(which they were), but in a lot of other games Foster has just flat out sucked. Kubiak needs to ride the hot hand instead of allowing Foster to dominate the carries even when he's not getting the job done.

Schaub had an over 500 yard game not too long ago, and I watched that game very closely. The Texans saw two deep coverage, base defense on 1st down, and primarily nickel on 2nd despite the Texans having base personnel. Another words, the Jaguars that game showed no particular respect to the running game yet Schaub and Andre were the dominant players. Schaub has had many great games this season and has been the team's best offensive player until the last few games(particularly the last two) where he has played badly. Criticizing him for recent bad play is fair, but not giving other players the same treatment is just scapegoating. Not to mention fanboyism, it's really hilarious that Arian Foster can suck so badly on the field at times and not get any criticism. This is one area where I do blame Kubiak. He's showing far too much confidence in his running back when he was two other capable players behind him.
_________________
Stop slobbering over Brian Dawkins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DreDay80


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 2278
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:

They have a fantastic RB, great starters along the OL, a great #1 WR, #1 DE, #1 ILB, #1 CB, etc. But take any of those out of the equation and replace them with a backup and they completely fall flat.

Also, Matt Schaub just isn't a championship-caliber QB. He's good enough to take a great team to a Super Bowl, but not good enough to put an average team on his back to get to one.


Foster is not a fantastic RB. The only fantastic offensive players we have are Andre and Duane Brown. Owen Daniels is a slightly above average tight end and don't even get me started with our receiving core past Andre. Kubiak also hinders our offense a lot. He has some of the BEST plays in the business but he's simply too conservative. He doesn't trust Matt Schaub one bit on 3rd and long IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Selkiesxx


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 1542
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
Said it for weeks. They are a very conservative team. I know they can run the ball with success but with Matt Schaub at quarterback, a very good offensive line, and Andre Johnson to go along with Owen Daniels, I don't know why they are hesitant to pass the football more until they are already down or in a shootout.



Because Matt is garbage and unless you watch him weekly you wouldn't understand how terrible he truly is. I hate him

This man really speaks the truth. Schaub is so overrated, it makes no sense. I never understood it.
_________________
Newest Mock Draft .:. 1.11.13

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thelonebillsfan


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 11995
Location: In the ether
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Yup ignore me because I'm not a blind homer. Matt is terrible in high pressure games and has a weak arm and no mobility. He is a game manager and when we need him to win the game he can't. Overrated. Half the Texan fans on this site get [inappropriate/removed] when you criticize the team, get over yourselves. They have many flaws. The biggest one is schaub


Wow, aren't you having fun on your high horse?
_________________


Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 14154
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Yup ignore me because I'm not a blind homer. Matt is terrible in high pressure games and has a weak arm and no mobility. He is a game manager and when we need him to win the game he can't. Overrated. Half the Texan fans on this site get [inappropriate/removed] when you criticize the team, get over yourselves. They have many flaws. The biggest one is schaub


Wow, aren't you having fun on your high horse?


Yes I am. I'm jousting
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 14154
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Tate was hurt and then in the dog house and sometimes a team can lock Down you run game and That's when the web needs to do a great job and hit guys


I watch all the games, and Matt Schaub has yet to have as bad a game as Arian Foster had against Tennessee. A game where Foster should have been benched. He's been very inconsistant as of late and is too hesitant to make decisions. At least in the New England game you could make the excuse that the right side of the o-line was getting destroyed(which they were), but in a lot of other games Foster has just flat out sucked. Kubiak needs to ride the hot hand instead of allowing Foster to dominate the carries even when he's not getting the job done.

Schaub had an over 500 yard game not too long ago, and I watched that game very closely. The Texans saw two deep coverage, base defense on 1st down, and primarily nickel on 2nd despite the Texans having base personnel. Another words, the Jaguars that game showed no particular respect to the running game yet Schaub and Andre were the dominant players. Schaub has had many great games this season and has been the team's best offensive player until the last few games(particularly the last two) where he has played badly. Criticizing him for recent bad play is fair, but not giving other players the same treatment is just scapegoating. Not to mention fanboyism, it's really hilarious that Arian Foster can suck so badly on the field at times and not get any criticism. This is one area where I do blame Kubiak. He's showing far too much confidence in his running back when he was two other capable players behind him.


First off, I don't disagree with the Foster thing, every Texan fan on this site will agree that Foster has not looked good majority of the season and most would point to the overuse of him early on.

2nd, thats my entire point. When Foster and the run game fails to do anything, Schaub has to take the reins and lead this team and typically it is in big moments because teams will do what ever it takes to stop our run game and PA pass and when those moments arise Schaub folds faster than a broken lawn chair. He is anti-clutch and is VERY limited in his ability and it is show cased against teams that don't completely suck, which brings me to the next point

His 500 yard game was against the freaking Jags in OT. Lets relax on anointing him a top qb, regardless of how they played our offense, they were terrible and missing some of their secondary players that game...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BullsonParade


Joined: 05 Dec 2012
Posts: 417
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The record doesn't indicate how good the team is. The Texans are more like a 9-6 team right now than a 13-3 team IMO. So disappointing because before the Bears game, they had played so great except the Packers game. Then that Bears game seemed like it took consistency away. The offense and defense have played inconsistent since then. You can also say we've had a pretty easy schedule so the record being 13-3 has somewhat to do with that also. Play calling has been atrocious at times from both sides of the ball. But as people in this thread have pointed out, the one that irks me the most is Gary Kubiak's unwillingness to pass the ball when in a deficit. You can't just force the run game whenever you feel like it and then also expect to win the game. We have Andre Johnson who has shown he can play like a top 2 or 3 WR when you get him the ball. Arian Foster has the most carries in the league and now it's starting wear on him because he doesn't even fight for extra yds anymore. Whenever he sees a defender, he'll go down before the defender has a chance to take him down. The offensive line has deteriorated also now as the season has gone on.

Right now this team is an utter mess, and it's all happening at the wrong time. I don't know how this team can resolve it's issues or if it even can, but I don't like our chances in the playoffs against the Broncos, Patriots, or Ravens.

I'm a realist. I don't like false hope and I don't like to sugar coat a situation from what it really is. Sad thing about all of this is that Kubiak will be back for another year just because of this regular season record, which is terrible because the defense has been the biggest reason for the wins. Kubiak should thank JJ Watt.

At this point, I want Kubiak and the special teams coach Joe Marciano out of here. They're both severely wasting the talents that are on this team. Furthermore, I think this team definitely needs to invest in the right side of the offensive line, as well as a #2 WR, and another ILB. The secondary is what it is, I don't know what more they can do to improve it (even though I don't find it to be elite, far from it actually). And as for Schaub, there really is no choice here. Schaub has had his issues this season, and I think part of that is him and part of this is Kubiak who has implemented some terrible play calling. Can't really replace Schaub right now, there just isn't anyone out there to replace him with at this point so we'll have to ride him out.

I really loved Kyle Shanahan being the OC, Schaub was so much better, and the offense was something fun to watch.

At this point, if the Texans go one and done in the playoffs, I won't be as disappointed as I would've been two weeks ago. The last 3 weeks, this team has shown why they won't be contending for a SB this year. This is not an overreaction in any way.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dogfeet


Joined: 12 Apr 2011
Posts: 471
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
Foster has played even worse than Schaub in all of the Texans losses, yet I continue to see this invented narrative about how the team can win with the running game but Schaub can't carry them. People aren't very even handed in their criticisms.

I don't know why they don't play Ben Tate more, as Foster too often sleepwalks through games.


Tate was hurt and then in the dog house and sometimes a team can lock Down you run game and That's when the web needs to do a great job and hit guys


Tate got put in the doghouse when he tried to come back early from a hamstring injury and re-aggravated it. The likely reason he tried to come back early is because Kubiak kept pouting about him being oft-injured in the press.

Kubiak need to quite being stubborn and give Tate some carries.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BullsonParade


Joined: 05 Dec 2012
Posts: 417
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogfeet wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
Foster has played even worse than Schaub in all of the Texans losses, yet I continue to see this invented narrative about how the team can win with the running game but Schaub can't carry them. People aren't very even handed in their criticisms.

I don't know why they don't play Ben Tate more, as Foster too often sleepwalks through games.


Tate was hurt and then in the dog house and sometimes a team can lock Down you run game and That's when the web needs to do a great job and hit guys


Tate got put in the doghouse when he tried to come back early from a hamstring injury and re-aggravated it. The likely reason he tried to come back early is because Kubiak kept pouting about him being oft-injured in the press.

Kubiak need to quite being stubborn and give Tate some carries.


Kubiak needs to be fired. It's really just that simple. Misuses the talent he has. If it wasn't for Wade Phillips, Kubiak would be long gone by now. I'm not even trying to use him as a scapegoat. Kubiak being an average to below average coach has been shielded by the defense the last couple of years. 2008 was probably his best year as a coach for his role on the offensive end, and that was really mainly due to Kyle Shanahan.

If the Texans went on to win a super bowl last year if they stayed healthy, the majority and by majority I mean 80% of the credit would go to Wade Phillips.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
norg


Joined: 13 Jul 2008
Posts: 1575
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats wrong with the houston texans Well various things ....but every team has problems

- One thing is I think we have a a hard time with NFC teams iguess because we are just not use to playing them

-lets not take anything away fom MInny this is a PLayoff caliber team that has two solid DT and dline that can shut the run down and ponder is a "good" QB

-has far has the problems texans got on O and D there are some on paper but i will not bore u with that

All i got to say none of this Regualr season matters anymore i think we wil beat the colts and then hide for 2 weeks rest refocus and pepare for Playoffs

COme playoffs all our questions will be answerd ..SO nothing is wrong its all gravy right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raz


Joined: 23 Oct 2009
Posts: 582
Location: Reykjavik, Iceland-Dallas, Texas.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BullsonParade wrote:
The record doesn't indicate how good the team is. The Texans are more like a 9-6 team right now than a 13-3 team IMO. So disappointing because before the Bears game, they had played so great except the Packers game. Then that Bears game seemed like it took consistency away. The offense and defense have played inconsistent since then. You can also say we've had a pretty easy schedule so the record being 13-3 has somewhat to do with that also. Play calling has been atrocious at times from both sides of the ball. But as people in this thread have pointed out, the one that irks me the most is Gary Kubiak's unwillingness to pass the ball when in a deficit. You can't just force the run game whenever you feel like it and then also expect to win the game. We have Andre Johnson who has shown he can play like a top 2 or 3 WR when you get him the ball. Arian Foster has the most carries in the league and now it's starting wear on him because he doesn't even fight for extra yds anymore. Whenever he sees a defender, he'll go down before the defender has a chance to take him down. The offensive line has deteriorated also now as the season has gone on.

Right now this team is an utter mess, and it's all happening at the wrong time. I don't know how this team can resolve it's issues or if it even can, but I don't like our chances in the playoffs against the Broncos, Patriots, or Ravens.

I'm a realist. I don't like false hope and I don't like to sugar coat a situation from what it really is. Sad thing about all of this is that Kubiak will be back for another year just because of this regular season record, which is terrible because the defense has been the biggest reason for the wins. Kubiak should thank JJ Watt.

At this point, I want Kubiak and the special teams coach Joe Marciano out of here. They're both severely wasting the talents that are on this team. Furthermore, I think this team definitely needs to invest in the right side of the offensive line, as well as a #2 WR, and another ILB. The secondary is what it is, I don't know what more they can do to improve it (even though I don't find it to be elite, far from it actually). And as for Schaub, there really is no choice here. Schaub has had his issues this season, and I think part of that is him and part of this is Kubiak who has implemented some terrible play calling. Can't really replace Schaub right now, there just isn't anyone out there to replace him with at this point so we'll have to ride him out.

I really loved Kyle Shanahan being the OC, Schaub was so much better, and the offense was something fun to watch.

At this point, if the Texans go one and done in the playoffs, I won't be as disappointed as I would've been two weeks ago. The last 3 weeks, this team has shown why they won't be contending for a SB this year. This is not an overreaction in any way.



BullsonParade wrote:
needs to be fired. It's really just that simple. Misuses the talent he has. If it wasn't for Wade Phillips, Kubiak would be long gone by now. I'm not even trying to use him as a scapegoat. Kubiak being an average to below average coach has been shielded by the defense the last couple of years. 2008 was probably his best year as a coach for his role on the offensive end, and that was really mainly due to Kyle Shanahan.

If the Texans went on to win a super bowl last year if they stayed healthy, the majority and by majority I mean 80% of the credit would go to Wade Phillips.



Are you serious?
Is that your analysis of what is wrong with the 12-3 texans?

I'm gonna try to respond to this idiotic post.

First we rushed 16 times out of 54 plays in our worst game of the year so the Kubiak unwillingness to pass theory is wrong.
Also blaming the playcalling is IMO just what idiots do when they don't know who to blame, it's execution whats important and as we saw in the Patriots game we had the same yards gained and we just didn't execute up to our potential, maybe that's something you could blame on Kubiak.

Kyle Shanahan was promoted to OC in january 2008 and you really think Kubiak's best season (in your opinion) is because of Kyle's playcalling ability in his first season as an OC?

Anyway, i really think the coaches have not shown any hands in the regular season and other teams will be in for a surprise come playoff time, and that is really needed cause Matt Schaub surely isn't gonna win a game all on his own (like Aaron Rodgers and co.).
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83771
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm shocked with how the defense has been playing lately, i know there are injuries but the vikes arent great on O
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
draftguru1234


Joined: 09 Feb 2011
Posts: 549
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't watched the Texans very much this season, but I get the feeling the defense hasn't been the same since losing Cushing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AntiSuperstar


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 4444
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
First off, I don't disagree with the Foster thing, every Texan fan on this site will agree that Foster has not looked good majority of the season and most would point to the overuse of him early on.


Alright fair enough.

amazingandre wrote:
2nd, thats my entire point. When Foster and the run game fails to do anything, Schaub has to take the reins and lead this team and typically it is in big moments because teams will do what ever it takes to stop our run game and PA pass and when those moments arise Schaub folds faster than a broken lawn chair. He is anti-clutch and is VERY limited in his ability and it is show cased against teams that don't completely suck, which brings me to the next point


Uhhh, Broncos game? Schaub made many great throws that game against a quality team. Just for one example. Like I said, Schaub recently has been playing poorly and I agree with criticizing him. But if you want to look at the facts Schaub has been excellent until those last few games so I can't agree with some of the generalizations you're making. It's certainly not true to say Schaub has struggled when the running game wasn't carrying him. Just look at the opening game against Miami for an example of a game where Schaub was clearly the player who got the offense going. The other point I would make is that, the Texans have been in a lot of blowout victories this season and in those victories Schaub had played at an extremely high level but because the teams spent most of the 4th quarter running the clock out, it's not going to look like a big game for Schaub in the boxscore.

amazingandre wrote:
His 500 yard game was against the freaking Jags in OT. Lets relax on anointing him a top qb, regardless of how they played our offense, they were terrible and missing some of their secondary players that game...


Ok, but I get your point. You see these last few games as a more general tendency of Schaub struggling against good defenses when the running game isn't going(and then use hypberbolic language like "he's terrible" lol, but I won't nitpick here Wink ). I won't argue that point, but we'll see how things go in the Playoffs as I'm personally not as down on Schaub as you are even though I 100% agree that he hasn't been getting the job done lately. My only point was that Schaub is far from the only reason the offense has been playing poorly(in fact I went further by saying Foster has been worse in the losses) as of late, but since you don't disagree with that, fair enough.
_________________
Stop slobbering over Brian Dawkins


Last edited by AntiSuperstar on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eagles18


Joined: 19 May 2009
Posts: 2956
Location: Mountain West USA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
Said it for weeks. They are a very conservative team. I know they can run the ball with success but with Matt Schaub at quarterback, a very good offensive line, and Andre Johnson to go along with Owen Daniels, I don't know why they are hesitant to pass the football more until they are already down or in a shootout.



Because Matt is garbage and unless you watch him weekly you wouldn't understand how terrible he truly is. I hate him


Jets would be happy to make a trade Very Happy
_________________

Intelligence is like a river. The deeper it is... the less noise it makes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group