Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 17: Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Week 17: Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins Reply with quote

Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins

When: SUNDAY NIGHT!

Where: Fed Ex Field

Weather: Partly Cloudy, 40 degrees, Winds NW 26 mph.

The Washington Redskins come into this game with a win over Philadelphia, while the Cowboys are coming off a loss in OT to the New Orleans Saints.

This game is going to decide the division, and winner takes all.

This game would have been predicted highly unlikely based on the fines and implications that were placed on both teams before FA was about to begin, by the Giants owner John Mara only to find his beloved Giants on the outside looking in and needing a LOT of help to actually make the playoffs. Quite ironic.

That being said, this game is going to be different than the first time the two teams met. RGIII is not completely 100% and while he will play, and gives the Skins the best chance to win, his mobility helps when you have a blitzing defense like the Cowboys and DeMarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer.

The Cowboys pass defense has been suspect at times and the CB play is still trying to get into a systemic pattern that works.

Jim Haslett was able to dial up a defensive scheme that was able to confuse Romo and that is going to be needed again in this game.

Botht teams are going to come out playing their game. The Redskins have to figure out two players overall, Jason Witten and Dez Bryant. I am not suggesting that forgetting about Miles Austin is something that should be considered, but the two big threats are Witten and Bryant.

The Redskins defense is going to be ready for this game as they understand what is at stake. But asking to shut down Bryant and Witten is going to be a monumental task. The Cowboys running game is on when its on, but when its off, they flat out suck. This is tribute to their terrible offensive line. And the Redskins need to take advantage of this line problem and get pressure in the gaps to push the runs outside for the LB's to clean up.

I think that Romo has a lot of pressure on him to win this game and will look to unleash all restraints to find a way to win. I think the Redskins need to play their game, control the clock with the run and let Morris gain some good yards on the ground to set up the play action pass that has been the balance to offset the speed of speed rushers.

I think that Griffin will shrug off the pressure and go out with his calm cool poise and try to make plays and get off the stump early and never look back. That is how the defense tends to play better.

I think that this game is close as both teams are going to play with passion and determination. But I think that the home crowd determines this game and that the passionate fans of the once non existent fan base comes out in full force and fuel the Redskins to a win.

Cowboys 24
Redskins 31

Redskins take the division.

Oh and of course:

BOOBS:

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT

Last edited by mike23md on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:28 am; edited 4 times in total
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get more nervous week to week. As I stated before,the crowd at fedex has to make noise the ENTIRE game when Romos on the field. We need every edge we can get. It'll be hard to get to Romo,even with their horrible o line. Contain Dez!!! Murray is overrated imo so not worried about him. Let RG3 use his legs and build an early lead. I think a huge difference maker we have in this game we didn't have in the last...Richard Crawford,he is excelling at PRs and looks like he may be the future at CB,stick him on Harris.Ware has a shoulder injury which should make him much less of a force . Im sooooo excited!!!!

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post about your gloom and doom here:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=508429

Note. When you enter, abandon all hope.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, I am actually really excited for the game. The Cowboys are playing inspired football despite all their injuries. And the Redskins are simply electrifying. I expect it to be a close contest, although I don't see us winning. We have the heart & will - just the injuries have left us without the talent to win.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very, very excited about this game! Not nervous at all. I haven't been this excited about a game since the Seahawks playoff game of 07-08. I'm ready! This is what they practiced all offseason for, this is what they worked so hard for, this is it! A chance at their own destiny to get into the playoffs for the first time since 07-08. A chance to have a home playoff game for the first time since 99-2000. Very Happy Cool

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Skinsfan13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitting. Very, very, very fitting.

I want blood! If I was a Roman General I'd be giving the thumbs down like a [inappropriate/removed]! Nothing and I mean nothing would be a sweeter end to a regular season than winning the Division while simultaneously destroying the dreams and aspirations of the Boys.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're flexed to Sunday night boys!! Cool

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/23/cowboys-redskins-flexed-to-sunday-night-football-in-week-17/

Quote:
For the second consecutive season, the NFC East championship game will be the final game of the regular season.

The NFL has confirmed that the Week 17 Cowboys-Redskins game has been flexed to Sunday Night Football on NBC on December 30. That decision was widely expected, as Cowboys-Redskins will determine the winner of the NFC East and is the biggest game of the final week of the season.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to find a way to stop Dez and Witten, that's the key. No idea who's going to be able to do it...

chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
We need to find a way to stop Dez and Witten, that's the key. No idea who's going to be able to do it...
pressure! In the first half last game va the cowboys we got a lot of pressure on romo and the offense before we went into a prevent in the second half. It worked. Their OL is suspect, they will struggle with our zone blitzes, corner blitzes, safety blitzes, ilb blitzes and exotic blitzes. Their RBs are fumble prone. That's why they lost to the saints. We just have to keep doing what we've been doing since the bye week. Get pressure and force turnovers.

HDsportsfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
pressure! In the first half last game va the cowboys we got a lot of pressure on romo and the offense before we went into a prevent in the second half. It worked. Their OL is suspect, they will struggle with our zone blitzes, corner blitzes, safety blitzes, ilb blitzes and exotic blitzes. Their RBs are fumble prone. That's why they lost to the saints. We just have to keep doing what we've been doing since the bye week. Get pressure and force turnovers.

Our RB's are fumble prone? Eehhh....not sure I agree with that. What lost the game more than the fumble was our defense. We are down 6 starters, down to our 5th and 6th ILB, 3 NT, SS gone, and I beleive 2 backup corners/safties. Now Ware is hurt, not sure of his status. We got killed by flares to the RB's and passing to the TE.

Yeah...the fumble at the 5 hurt, but Murray is not a fumbler. I don't blame Murray for the fumble. His legs were twisted under him and your bodys natural instinct is to do whatever it has to, to protect itself. In this case he let go of the ball (as it was being pulled on by defenders) so he could get his upper body back to a somewhat normal postition. Yeah....it sounds like a lame excuse. But while watching the game I replayed that several times and that just seemed to be the case.

THis goes without saying, but Dez is on fire right now. It will be interesting to see how you guys game plan for him.

Anyway....this should be a fun one. Just like old times.

Heres to no injuries.....

Merry Christmas.
A TRAIN 89

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope we come in focused and play a full game.

We can't not score in the first adn 4th quarter like we did week 16 vs. the eagles.

We can't allow them to make a comeback in the 4th quarter like they did vs. Us on Thanksgiving.

We need a strong showing from the D and we need to run the ball.

That is all.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need the real RG3 to show up next week if we want to win this game. IMO RG3 looked a lil timid yesterday to actually run out of the pocket. We can't have that come next week with the speed of Dallas pass rushers. I see the game basically as a repeat of the first, if RG3 has his feet back. Resulting in us winning a high scoring game. Both deffense will get torched but Romo will make the costly mistake late in the game and RG3 seize's the opportunity to lead us to victory at Fedex Feild.

Last edited by 21 ALL THE WAY on Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ughhhhhhhhh. Why did this have to be the Sunday night game? Because of this, not only will I not be on the forum, but I can't watch the game at all! DAMMIT! Looks like I'll have to track the game from my phone.
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 52 tackles, 1 PDef, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 9 catches, 46 yards... and a fumble
oland11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck this week guys. Destroy the Cowboys because I hate them and stuff. Smile
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone help me.. If we lose the game , why are the Cowboys Champions of the NFC East ? I guess they have the tie breakers in their favor? Donb't we still hold the Conf record edge? We'd be tied at head to head and Division records I think..
If this be a stoopid question-- forgive me .. Maybe it's a DUH moment .
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HDsportsfan wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

Our RB's are fumble prone? Eehhh....not sure I agree with that. What lost the game more than the fumble was our defense. We are down 6 starters, down to our 5th and 6th ILB, 3 NT, SS gone, and I beleive 2 backup corners/safties. Now Ware is hurt, not sure of his status. We got killed by flares to the RB's and passing to the TE.

Yeah...the fumble at the 5 hurt, but Murray is not a fumbler. I don't blame Murray for the fumble. His legs were twisted under him and your bodys natural instinct is to do whatever it has to, to protect itself. In this case he let go of the ball (as it was being pulled on by defenders) so he could get his upper body back to a somewhat normal postition. Yeah....it sounds like a lame excuse. But while watching the game I replayed that several times and that just seemed to be the case.

THis goes without saying, but Dez is on fire right now. It will be interesting to see how you guys game plan for him.

Anyway....this should be a fun one. Just like old times.

Heres to no injuries.....

Merry Christmas.
sounds like you have a lot of excuses for Murray... Hmmm Confused I've seen Felix jones and Murray have trouble holding onto the ball throughout their careers. I guess we'll see what happens.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 1 of 27

Jump to: