Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

When will we finally admit Jay isn't it?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Jay the answer at QB?
Yes
89%
 89%  [ 25 ]
No
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 28

Sr7252

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: When will we finally admit Jay isn't it? Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/9597/jay-cutler

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14881/russell-wilson (a 4TH ROUND pick for Seattle)

And keep in mind SEA O line isn't that great nor do they have a B. Marsh.

Maybe you guys are sick of me bashing Jay, I apologize. I swear I'm not trolling, but I realize now there's issue at QB also. But secretly I want to be proven wrong lol.
DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll admit it when it becomes true.

This is the umpth-teen mobile QB to come out and have a good rookie season. I think Wilson is playing well but lets see him sustain his success first.
ak06max

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: When will we finally admit Jay isn't it? Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/9597/jay-cutler

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14881/russell-wilson (a 4TH ROUND pick for Seattle)

And keep in mind SEA O line isn't that great nor do they have a B. Marsh.

Maybe you guys are sick of me bashing Jay, I apologize. I swear I'm not trolling, but I realize now there's issue at QB also. But secretly I want to be proven wrong lol.

The question is who would you rather have that will be available this offseason? Make a trade and lose a pick and get Flynn or pick up Alex smith. Who is better that could take this team to the bowl behind this line thats better than Cutler. Also keep in mind we will need a #1 Wide out Marshall will throw his fit and want to be released as well.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see anyone out there that is close to as good as Cutler.

Also note I'm sure a lot of Giants fans were saying the same thing about Eli prior to 2007 Superbowl. And Eli always had the pieces around him.

Lets at least give him a fair shake before we drop him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, I understand some of the frustration that people may have with Cutler and his wildly inconsistent play, but he is far from the problem with this team on offense. While he does make a lot of boneheaded decisions at times there is no denying that Cutler is a special talent and that the Bears would be hard pressed to find an upgrade over him. Please tell me who's out there or who will be available this off season that will be an upgrade over him?

I think the main reason we have yet to see Cutler truly blossom during his tenure in Chicago is because he has constantly been surrounded with poor talent on the offensive line, receiver (minus this year) and bad offensive schemes, not to mention the instability of having to go through 3 different offensive coordinators in four years.

Even though I haven't been impressed with Tice's play calling in his first year as OC, I assume he and the rest of the offense would only benefit from having another year together; however, if the Bears fail to make the playoffs then I think that Emery should just clean house and start fresh with a new coaching staff. This would bring stability for the next 3 or so years by allowing Cutler and co. to develop without having to worry about changing to another scheme any time soon. That's my two cents.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me when the Bears aren’t top 8 in QB sacks and top 6 in QB hits will be the first time we can have a clear view of what we really have in Jay…no one in the NFL has the combination of arm strength and accuracy that Jay has when he is able to set his feet and throw off a solid base…until we can add some talent on the Oline to give him the time to do so more often we are never going to know…have to improve the protection of Jay…not replace him.
ak06max

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
I don't see anyone out there that is close to as good as Cutler.

Also note I'm sure a lot of Giants fans were saying the same thing about Eli prior to 2007 Superbowl. And Eli always had the pieces around him.

Lets at least give him a fair shake before we drop him.

Exactly.. Cutler isnt the problem its the talent around him.There is no one out there that would make this team better.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
Look, I understand some of the frustration that people may have with Cutler and his wildly inconsistent play, but he is far from the problem with this team on offense. While he does make a lot of boneheaded decisions at times there is no denying that Cutler is a special talent and that the Bears would be hard pressed to find an upgrade over him. Please tell me who's out there or who will be available this off season that will be an upgrade over him?

I think the main reason we have yet to see Cutler truly blossom during his tenure in Chicago is because he has constantly been surrounded with poor talent on the offensive line, receiver (minus this year) and bad offensive schemes, not to mention the instability of having to go through 3 different offensive coordinators in four years.

Even though I haven't been impressed with Tice's play calling in his first year as OC, I assume he and the rest of the offense would only benefit from having another year together; however, if the Bears fail to make the playoffs then I think that Emery should just clean house and start fresh with a new coaching staff. This would bring stability for the next 3 or so years by allowing Cutler and co. to develop without having to worry about changing to another scheme any time soon. That's my two cents.

Playoffs or not I think Emery should make this happen. We need a clean slate start rebuilding after the JA regime. He left us a big pile of you know what that will keep Emery shoveling for quite some time

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
topwop1 wrote:

Playoffs or not I think Emery should make this happen. We need a clean slate start rebuilding after the JA regime. He left us a big pile of you know what that will keep Emery shoveling for quite some time
So let me get this straight, you want to get rid of a coach who has, in your scenario, made the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years, and likely would have been 3 straight years had we not lost our starting QB and RB for the final 6 and 5 games respectively? While you are admitting that the staff has had an inferior roster to work with? Sure 1 out of 5 years if it happens is bad and gives the Lovie haters at least a legit argument, but 2 out of 3 (and again likely would have been 3 straight) is a completely different story.

I'm all for demoting Tice back to OL (precedent was set w/ Babich) and either promoting Bates to OC or going out and finding another experienced playcaller who fits w/ Jay, but cleaning house? When you have a team that needs to win now? Doesn't make much sense, nor would it happen.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ak06max wrote:
topwop1 wrote:

So let me get this straight, you want to get rid of a coach who has, in your scenario, made the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years, and likely would have been 3 straight years had we not lost our starting QB and RB for the final 6 and 5 games respectively? While you are admitting that the staff has had an inferior roster to work with? Sure 1 out of 5 years if it happens is bad and gives the Lovie haters at least a legit argument, but 2 out of 3 (and again likely would have been 3 straight) is a completely different story.

I'm all for demoting Tice back to OL (precedent was set w/ Babich) and either promoting Bates to OC or going out and finding another experienced playcaller who fits w/ Jay, but cleaning house? When you have a team that needs to win now? Doesn't make much sense, nor would it happen.

Id be fine with that and I think the chances of Emery cleaning house in that scenario are very unlikely. I dont see Lovie getting an extension though and some have speculated he would resign instead of becoming a lame duck head coach. But I would be fine with looking for a different OC and keeping Lovie to play out his contract if that is indeed what happened.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
VeniceBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cutler is hands down the most talented quarterback the bears have ever had. he has incredible arm strength and IMO has a ton of leadership. if we're going to win it all, it'll be with jay cutler's arm that will get us there

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ak06max wrote:
topwop1 wrote:

Id be fine with that and I think the chances of Emery cleaning house in that scenario are very unlikely. I dont see Lovie getting an extension though and some have speculated he would resign instead of becoming a lame duck head coach. But I would be fine with looking for a different OC and keeping Lovie to play out his contract if that is indeed what happened.
I expect that if the Bears make the playoffs Lovie will be given a 2 year ext again.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
topwop1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ak06max wrote:
topwop1 wrote:

That would just seem like even more of a backwards move. In your scenario say they hire a new OC and let Lovie play out his last year on his contract as head coach and the Bears proceed to miss the playoffs. Then what?

Lovie is then most likely not retained as head coach and Emery hires a new coaching staff who would likely want to bring in their own guys at OC, DC etc etc. That would then be Jay's 5th offensive coordinator in only a matter of years. That's a sure recipe for failure and a waste of talent.

It's real simple for Emery. He either has to commit to another few years of Lovie being the head coach here and keeping things continuous or he needs to start fresh and hire a whole new coaching staff. No more coordinator/position coach changes. Lovie's had enough of those already. How many more chances do you give the guy?
MonserinNC

Haha, I thought this topic was going to say Cutler isnt elite(which I totally agree)

Saying he isnt the answer at QB is ridiculous though, he definitely is at least a top 15 starter in the NFL.

The real issue is Lovie dude.....the amount of staff turnover is crazy and at some point him coaching us to play a mean Cover 2 just isnt enough, time to get an offensive coach in here.

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
ak06max

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ak06max wrote:
topwop1 wrote:

So you want a playoff team? A coach that will get you to the playoffs then get out coached and lose. I think the players want rings and a trophy. I could be mistaken. We have a coach that cant beat the Packers and ultimately you kind of need to compete in your division if you ever want to get to the Bowl If you just want a playoff team thats ok. but to get to that next step we need to beat the packs so we are not hoping every year for other teams to lose and win so we have that slight chance to make it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: