Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kirk Cousins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blancanieve wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
blancanieve wrote:
Does anyone think we can get the Jets 2nd round pick in the 2013 draft for Carson Palmer

Surely you jest.

Even Shakespeare would be impressed with irony found in Palmer detractors who find him worthless YET think he would be valuable to someone else and furthermore believes the FO feels the same way. Either Palmer is worthless or he isn't. If Palmer is worthless stop suggesting he's bait. If Palmer isn't worthless why would the Raiders start someone of lesser valuable (ie: would garner less in trade) over him? When Pryor's market value is more Palmer's then and only then do the Raiders have a situation.

First and foremost i'm a Palmer supporter i was just wondering considering that we have so many holes to fill and that possibly we can draft a QB in 2014 draft why not get something of value for him now and use the pick to draft a defensive player or maybe even an offensive lineman.

So your suggestion is to fill all the Raiders holes by creating a gaping hole at QB?

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
blancanieve

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
blancanieve wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
blancanieve wrote:
Does anyone think we can get the Jets 2nd round pick in the 2013 draft for Carson Palmer

Surely you jest.

Even Shakespeare would be impressed with irony found in Palmer detractors who find him worthless YET think he would be valuable to someone else and furthermore believes the FO feels the same way. Either Palmer is worthless or he isn't. If Palmer is worthless stop suggesting he's bait. If Palmer isn't worthless why would the Raiders start someone of lesser valuable (ie: would garner less in trade) over him? When Pryor's market value is more Palmer's then and only then do the Raiders have a situation.

First and foremost i'm a Palmer supporter i was just wondering considering that we have so many holes to fill and that possibly we can draft a QB in 2014 draft why not get something of value for him now and use the pick to draft a defensive player or maybe even an offensive lineman.

So your suggestion is to fill all the Raiders holes by creating a gaping hole at QB?

All i asked can we get a second round pick for Palmer obviously Pryor would have to play well for us to do that or even consider that but regardless of my opinion or anybody else's the only way we can find out if that is even an option Pryor has to play significant time against real competition i don't think as of right now TP is the answer and maybe we won't find out.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blancanieve wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
blancanieve wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
blancanieve wrote:

Surely you jest.

All i asked can we get a second round pick for Palmer obviously Pryor would have to play well for us to do that or even consider that but regardless of my opinion or anybody else's the only way we can find out if that is even an option Pryor has to play significant time against real competition i don't think as of right now TP is the answer and maybe we won't find out.

Back to square one. Why would anyone even consider playing Pryor if you currently had a starting QB worthy of a 2nd round trade? Not all but many of the pro-Pryor crowd have an agenda that isn't based on performance. Just cut Palmer should be the suggestion imo if you want to see Pryor. He's still the 3rd string QB, the FO is just playing him because of the public swell to see him. /shrug doesn't matter to me.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Tacos

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we had more reliable receivers I actually think Kirk would do well in Knapp's terrible offense. He's pretty smart and looked good on rollouts in Shanny's offense.

That said Shanny is a genius, so I'm pretty sure our OL and run game wouldn't help and he'd be forced to go deep more.

Regardless, I'm all for drafting a QB, no way I trade for one. We already got screwed in the Carson trade. May as well ride out Palmer's contract and see what he can do on a real offense.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we traded Carson Palmer for a second round pick we'd just create another huge hole at quarterback. Palmer obviously isn't the quarterback of the future but he's as good of a stop gap guy as we're going to find. We need to build our defense and offensive line and then find our quarterback of the future next off-season. Assuming we draft a quarterback in 2014, he can sit behind Palmer for a year and then take over the reigns.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
If we traded Carson Palmer for a second round pick we'd just create another huge hole at quarterback. Palmer obviously isn't the quarterback of the future but he's as good of a stop gap guy as we're going to find. We need to build our defense and offensive line and then find our quarterback of the future next off-season. Assuming we draft a quarterback in 2014, he can sit behind Palmer for a year and then take over the reigns.

These are my thoughts as well. Not exactly an ideal situation, but its the best option we have right now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: