Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

IaR Mock.2013.V005

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: IaR Mock.2013.V005 Reply with quote

Now Loading Mock.2013.V005
75%
Now Loaded. Enjoy.

2013 Offseason

Re-signings:
Evan Dietrich-Smith
Sam Shields (RFA)
Brad Jones
Tom Crabtree

Leaves via Free Agency:

Greg Jennings
Cedric Benson
Frank Zombo
Rob Francois
Donald Driver (retire)
Erik Walden
Jermichael Finley (cut)

2013 Draft

With the 27th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Keenan Allen
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 210
Position: WR
College: Califorinia

With the 59th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Dallas Thomas
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 310
Position: OT/OG
College: Tennessee

With the 91st overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Sean Porter
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 230
Position: OLB/ILB
College: Texas A&M

With the 125th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Johnathan Franklin
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 198
Position: RB
College: UCLA

With the 131st overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Dennis Johnson
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 212
Position: RB
College: Arkansas

With the 160th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Travis Kelce
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 260
Position: TE
College: Cincinnati

With the 194th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: J.C. Tretter
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 300
Position: OG/OC
College: Cornell

With the 223rd overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Khalid Wooten
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 200
Position: CB/FS
College: Nevada

I've opted to skip the write ups for each prospect. I'm just going to do one write up at the end so if you want to read it you can.

I tried to do something a little different with this mock. Almost every mock I've done so far has added either a front 7 player or an OL as the first pick. A lot of mocks out there have us taking Tyler Eifert and each time I see it I want to gag. Eifert doesn't scream special to me. Keenan Allen has potential to be a top 20 WR. I don't think he's an AJ Green/Julio Jones talent, but I do think he is in the Dez Bryant/Demayrius Thomas/Jonathan Baldwin draft talent. With how well our WRs have blossomed though, he could be a stud. High points the ball well, fights for it in traffic, and has a nice size/speed ratio.

Dallas Thomas was a very good LT that moved to LG to create the best possible OL. Gives us versatility. I don't think he beats out anyone as a rookie, but is a very nice swing T/G guy to have.

Sean Porter was a 34OLB last year. This year he's playing more like a 43OLB. It's really helped his game grow. Some of the best LBs of the past few years have been the undersized ones who can play quick (Bowman, Lee, David, etc) Should be an interesting piece that can move around. Sort of a like a Von Miller lite.

Johnathan Franklin is one of my favorite RB prospects. Nice burst and power. He had some of his best games against the toughest D's, see Stanford game. Really wanted to take 2 and do what the Pats did with Ridley and Vereen. Take 2, hope one hits. So I also took Dennis Johnson. He got a chance to play this year with Knile Davis banged up and ineffective. I'm hoping DuJuan Harris opened the door for TT and CO. to consider a smaller RB. Johnson is 5'8" but a solid 212 pounds.

Travis Kelce is someone that I put in my last mock that is growing on me. Has the tools to be a nice receiver and blocker, something that we sorely need. Tired of the 1 dimensional TEs we have. Blockers that catch some gimmick passes (Crabtree and Taylor) or WR/TE hybrids (Finley and Williams). Quarless could be both but he needs to refine his receiving game and get healthy.

Tretter is a smart guy who needs a year or two to develop. Can battle EDS and Van Roten for an inside swing position.

Wooten has 10 career interceptions and does kick and punt returns. He averaged 16.4 yards per punt return. He can play primarily special teams, take Cobb off of at least one return unit to help preserve him a bit, and learn the FS and CB spots.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: IaR Mock.2013.V005 Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
[size=24]Now Loading Mock.2013.V005
Only one I'm not sold on is Allen. I don't see receiver as a 1st round need, and we haven't taken a WR in the 1st in a long while.

Thomas is good, possible we'd have to move up.

Porter could add a few lbs and play either ILB or OLB, but I kind of like the idea of keeping him as he is as a WILB. That would be a waste of his talent and his time though.

Franklin would be incredible, chances are we would make him gain weight for short downs though. Even when Davis got healthy he couldn't displace Johnson. The third Arkansas RB, Wingo intrigues me as a prospect, but not enough to actually draft him.

Kelce is worth the flier IMO

Tretter selection gives EDS a chance to prove he can start, I like it. Should EDS prove inadequate, we'd just have to bite it, one way (like we're doing with Newhouse) or another (sign somebody and hope for the best) assuming Saturday isn't around the bench somewhere.

Wooten has the size and speed if nothing else. Who knows, he may become Bush 2.0
justo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first four picks are money Shocked
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: IaR Mock.2013.V005 Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
Only one I'm not sold on is Allen. I don't see receiver as a 1st round need, and we haven't taken a WR in the 1st in a long while.

Porter could add a few lbs and play either ILB or OLB, but I kind of like the idea of keeping him as he is as a WILB. That would be a waste of his talent and his time though.

In my mock, I don't have Finley, Jennings, and Driver coming back. Jones is only signed through next year. Jordy and Cobb through 2 years. We're going to need to replenish the WR depth. Taking Allen does 1 of 2 things. One, it gives us a WR signed through 2017. Two, it gives us a target to replace Finley and Jennings targets. I don't expect Kelce to come in and take Finley's targets. He is someone I would expect to get worked in slowly. Allen is someone who can be integrated a little quicker to the offense and has a chance by year 2 to be a 6-7 target/game type player.

The OT class is an odd one. It really depends on who teams like. I can see Thomas going early second to late 2nd. IMO 2nd round tackles are Lane Johnson, Dallas Thomas, DJ Fluker, Oday Aboushi, and possibly Kyle Long and Brian Winters. This mock is definitely the most optimistic about getting prospects where they are that I will probably post this year.

Porter is an interesting guy. Should be a teams demon year 1 while he bulks up a bit. We probably want him around 245ish. Maybe he gets some work in obvious pass downs for rushing/coverage.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Terranimal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: IaR Mock.2013.V005 Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:

In my mock, I don't have Finley, Jennings, and Driver coming back. Jones is only signed through next year. Jordy and Cobb through 2 years. We're going to need to replenish the WR depth. Taking Allen does 1 of 2 things. One, it gives us a WR signed through 2017. Two, it gives us a target to replace Finley and Jennings targets. I don't expect Kelce to come in and take Finley's targets. He is someone I would expect to get worked in slowly. Allen is someone who can be integrated a little quicker to the offense and has a chance by year 2 to be a 6-7 target/game type player.

The OT class is an odd one. It really depends on who teams like. I can see Thomas going early second to late 2nd. IMO 2nd round tackles are Lane Johnson, Dallas Thomas, DJ Fluker, Oday Aboushi, and possibly Kyle Long and Brian Winters. This mock is definitely the most optimistic about getting prospects where they are that I will probably post this year.

Porter is an interesting guy. Should be a teams demon year 1 while he bulks up a bit. We probably want him around 245ish. Maybe he gets some work in obvious pass downs for rushing/coverage.

The last WR I call recall the pack taking in round one was before Wolf was here: Sterling Sharpe. That's not to say we won't. Thompson has history from his time other places of taking a WR in round one. He has thought about taking them here in his time w/Pack, but went other players. He took Raji over Crabtree and Bulaga over Bryant. Both smart moves in the end.

But that's not to say he won't. be awfully hard to pass on Allen if he fell to us. I saw Walters has been mocking Allen the last two weeks to us. But rob Rang compares Allen to Jordy Nelson. Don't know that we need two of the same. My own personal thinking is maybe we select a WR in round 2 again if Paterson or Rogers is on the board. Rogers might have the best shot being there and baggage aside, his style of play reminds with his hands and routes reminds me of Rice, Sharpe and Fitzgerald.

Well so much for my thunder as you have used a TE was going to in an upcoming draft....Travis Kelce

Think the time has come unless a miraculous turnaround, that we start mocking a kicker in mocks.

Nice mock overall.....think still would be shocked if Allen is still on the board but stranger things have happened. Bulaga and Sherrod weren't suppose to be on the board either when we got them or even Rodgers for that matter.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are really desperate to forget Javon Walker was a first rounder here too huh?
Terranimal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
People are really desperate to forget Javon Walker was a first rounder here too huh?

Nope, it was a brain fart on my behalf...sorry.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1434991-keenan-allen-2013-nfl-draft-scouting-report

I don't see Allen as Jordy. Similar, but different. Jordy is a long strider with good top end speed. Allen doesn't have the top end speed but gets going quicker. He's also more elusive than Nelson in the open field. Think if we crossed Jennings with Nelson. Nelson's size, Jenning's RR, Nelson's hands, Jennings elusiveness, etc.

stallyns wrote:
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For s&g, here is what our 53 man would look like with this draft.

QB: Rodgers, Coleman
RB: Green, Franklin, Johnson, Kuhn
OT: Bulaga, Sherrod, Newhouse, Thomas
OG: Lang, Sitton, Tretter
OC: Dietrich-Smith
TE: Quarless, Crabtree, Kelce, Taylor, Williams
WR: Nelson, Cobb, Jones, Allen, Boykin

DL: Raji, Pickett, Worthy, Neal, Daniels, Wilson
OLB: Matthews, Perry, Porter, Moses
ILB: Bishop, Hawk, Smith, Jones, Manning, Lattimore
CB: Williams, Hayward, Shields, House, Bush, Wooten
S: Woodson, Burnett, McMillian, Jennings

ST: Crosby, Masthay, Goode

stallyns wrote:
justo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat center depth
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Dat center depth

Tretter would also be a swing G/C like EDS. I just didn't want to list people at multiple positions.

stallyns wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: