Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oak WR's could be on block ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went from a deep passing O to an over the middle O with WR's that hadn't had to hear those 'footsteps' across the middle...
If we keep the same O then Ford and Moore should be traded as they have talent AND value to another program. DHB's contract won't net us a trade so we might as well keep him with our rookies and any FA's...
If we change O systems, then keep them all and see what they can do.
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have next to no confidence in any of our WR making a catch in the clutch. I like Moore the best of the group, but he's nothing more than an average #2 WR.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
m52876 wrote:
We have a whole fleet of #3s. DHB, Moore, Ford, Steater. All 3s. If we can move a couple let's get to it.

I really don't see us getting much more than a 6 or 7 but I would rather have the picks than the fleet of 3s.

The first part is the honest truth. They are really all #3s so far. Occasionally they step up and have #2 worthy games or stretches. But not consistenly, therefore good #3s.

6th and 7th round picks won't make it any better however..

You bet. I am not under any delusions that we can grab a #1 WR in the 6th of 7th but those extra picks can be used to get some add depth at other positions or packaged to move around a little in the draft.

I would rather have some help at LB, CB, DL, or OL than 5 #3 WRs. Hell, take a flyer on a 245 pound DE that can only be on the field on third downs but can get to the QB while he is on the field or an OG from a small school that was underscouted. Better than 3s tripping over 3s.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Corkran wrote:
Raiders WR Rod Streater is the seventh undrafted rookie in the NFL since 2000 to catch at least 33 passes his first season.

Also heard during the game that he's 6th amongst rookie WRs in receiving yards.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Roninho

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were a GM and you'd have a good QB and a good #1 WR but not much else for WR's, would you spend a 2nd round pick to get DHB, Ford and Moore combined?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roninho wrote:
If you were a GM and you'd have a good QB and a good #1 WR but not much else for WR's, would you spend a 2nd round pick to get DHB, Ford and Moore combined?

No point assessing this trade, nothing like it has ever happened in the NFL. You can't dump a whole corps on another team.
NickButera

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of good WR's becoming free agents this offseason. You'd naturally think these guys would demand a high price; Bowe, Wallace, Welker and now Jennings saying he doesn't think he'll be back with the pack. But I'm thinking there's a chance the value of these high end WR's will be diminished some because there's a handful of them on the market at the same time. I still don't think Reggie is going to spend them money on a WR, but it's nice to think about.

On another note, I have a feeling he may go after Josh Cribbs (also a free agent after the year). Even though we're getting Ford back, we've been short on return men all year long as our returners have routinely gotten injured.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
NickButera wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
NickButera wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
best wrs on the team
1. dhb- people love to say he drops hella balls but stats show otherwise
2. streater- as an undrafted rookie he looks promising
3. moore- strickly a deep threat most inconsistent hands of the core, hates going across the field

I agree with you. However, for what it's worth, Jerry McDonald tweeted just a couple weeks ago how DHB and Moore were both ranked about 120ish in amount of dropped balls in the league, very near the bottom. I like DHB, and has probably helped himself go up a bit these last few weeks, but overall stats say he's not doing well in the dropped balls category.

I could be wrong, or it could have been longer ago, but I vividly remember that tweet because it surprised me so much.

is that career numbers or this season?
got link?

Yea, had to dig to find it. It was Vic Tafur quoting PFF. It was 2 weeks ago, and it was drop rate, not dropped balls, so there is a slight difference there that I didn't remember. More of a percentage of drops based off of catchable balls, according to PFF.

https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/276058722252517378

Quote:
Denarius Moore (w/ 8 ) ranks 162nd in drop rate (of catchable balls), per @PFF ... Heyward Bey is 144th, and Rod Streater is 161st, both w/ 5

DHB was really surprising to me, as I don't recall him dropping nearly as many balls as Moore has so far.

maybe im reading it wrong but dropping 5 balls throughout a whole season isnt bad imo. is it?

Yea, doesn't seem like much. But this is "dropped balls in 'catchable passes'." Which would be less than the total number of dropped balls. Which may explain why we all remember Moore dropping more balls than DHB. PFF calculates what is and is not a 'catchable ball'. It's kind of their own stat. Certainly doesn't tell the whole story, but it does tell something.

The top 20 WR's in this stat have either 0, 1 or 2 dropped balls in catchable passes. It's a bit telling that the most of the good WR's in the league catch almost all the balls that they are able to, and our guys can't.

o i see.

do you have a link for the pff list?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
RaiderX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
There are a lot of good WR's becoming free agents this offseason. You'd naturally think these guys would demand a high price; Bowe, Wallace, Welker and now Jennings saying he doesn't think he'll be back with the pack. But I'm thinking there's a chance the value of these high end WR's will be diminished some because there's a handful of them on the market at the same time. I still don't think Reggie is going to spend them money on a WR, but it's nice to think about.

On another note, I have a feeling he may go after Josh Cribbs (also a free agent after the year). Even though we're getting Ford back, we've been short on return men all year long as our returners have routinely gotten injured.

Cribbs looks like he's on the downside of his career. Pass.

Wouldn't mind going after Gibson or Avery. I know Bowe is gonna ask for too much.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowe is the only one I'd probably be interested in. I wouldn't be surprised to see Reggie go after Jennings because of the obvious connection. With that said, I believe we are out of both their price range - Bowe especially. Both of those guys will be looking to earn as much money as they can in what's likely to be their last big contract.

We have some nice young pieces, but we really lack experience and a true #1 target right now. I honestly don't think I would get upset if we took that chance to spend the money on one.
raiders707

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa whoa money wise DHB is getting overpaid if he wants to stay with his amigo Jacoby he needs a pay cut, regardless we don't have a big WR that will smash through the middle of the field I think we're set at WR
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
Bowe is the only one I'd probably be interested in. I wouldn't be surprised to see Reggie go after Jennings because of the obvious connection. With that said, I believe we are out of both their price range - Bowe especially. Both of those guys will be looking to earn as much money as they can in what's likely to be their last big contract.

We have some nice young pieces, but we really lack experience and a true #1 target right now. I honestly don't think I would get upset if we took that chance to spend the money on one.

I'm confident McKenzie will pass on both. Bowe has a questionable work ethic and Jennings has durability concerns. The Raiders looked at tons of WRs & TEs last off-season and only added Criner in the 5th. I would not be surprised at all if WR is higher on their list than we thin it is.

Begging for Marshall WR Aaron Dobson. The Raiders need a guy who runs crisp routes with sick hands. Currently, the Raiders don't have one starting WR with reliable hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AzfUPS_xC4 (Dobson @ 2:18 )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCdFFFAxLz0 ("The Catch")
raiders707

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:

I'm confident McKenzie will pass on both. Bowe has a questionable work ethic and Jennings has durability concerns. The Raiders looked at tons of WRs & TEs last off-season and only added Criner in the 5th. I would not be surprised at all if WR is higher on their list than we thin it is.

Begging for Marshall WR Aaron Dobson. The Raiders need a guy who runs crisp routes with sick hands. Currently, the Raiders don't have one starting WR with reliable hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AzfUPS_xC4 (Dobson @ 2:18 )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCdFFFAxLz0 ("The Catch")

some one call Joey Porter! lol.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: