Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Just When You Had Hopes Of A Top 10 Pick GDT: SD vs CAR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see Green play. Baker will look a ton better then he really is so temper your opinion of him. He is coming in with fresh legs late in the year and facing some really light competition in the next two weeks.

I think it's safe to assume that Mouton is a bust. If given the situation he still can't get playing time, we need to come to terms with the fact that he is strictly a ST guy, no matter how much we needed him to be the guy that could run with TE's like Gronk.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
I'd love to see Green play. Baker will look a ton better then he really is so temper your opinion of him. He is coming in with fresh legs late in the year and facing some really light competition in the next two weeks.

I think it's safe to assume that Mouton is a bust. If given the situation he still can't get playing time, we need to come to terms with the fact that he is strictly a ST guy, no matter how much we needed him to be the guy that could run with TE's like Gronk.

And what scares me to the point of constipation (yeah, that bad!) is that if (and yes, it's a big if, but also quite possible) Spanos really is the wizard behind the curtain calling all the shots and is primarily motivated by what "sells" to the general public (versus what actually makes us competitive), you can all but write Mant'i Te'o's name on our 1st round draft card now (unless someone ahead of us makes an Aaron Curry esque mistake).

Te'o is marketable - especially if Dean tries to bill him as the second coming of Seau. Te'o will draw butts to the seats. And then Te'o will be classified as a reach when he turns out to be not as impactful and athletically-gifted as several guys who will go after him.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

And what scares me to the point of constipation (yeah, that bad!) is that if (and yes, it's a big if, but also quite possible) Spanos really is the wizard behind the curtain calling all the shots and is primarily motivated by what "sells" to the general public (versus what actually makes us competitive), you can all but write Mant'i Te'o's name on our 1st round draft card now (unless someone ahead of us makes an Aaron Curry esque mistake).

Te'o is marketable - especially if Dean tries to bill him as the second coming of Seau. Te'o will draw butts to the seats. And then Te'o will be classified as a reach when he turns out to be not as impactful and athletically-gifted as several guys who will go after him.

I'd hate to be your wife if they don't draft him. If you're plugging up 5 months early, the relief is going to be devastating.

I really hope whoever gets the GM job has enough sack to stand up to the family, and do things right.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've now managed to conclude that whoever the guy behind "Bolts from the Blue" is pretty naive too. I was just given the "It's amazing how many people are convinced they know Dean Spanos and how he's going to act" bit.

Yeah... because 20+ years of fairly hands-on ownership doesn't give us nearly a large enough sample size to postulate trends as to his behavior from, right?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find his twitter feed to be pretty immature on the regular. As much as I hate to give the man his due, Acee brings a level of professionalism that I've grown accustomed to.

Did I really just give Acee a compliment?

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
game3525

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the guy who runs Boltsfromtheblue is a complete dope. I remember last week he argued that we should turn Rivers into a "game manger" since apparently he doesn't have the arm strength of Drew Brees or Tom Brady. Laughing
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
I find his twitter feed to be pretty immature on the regular. As much as I hate to give the man his due, Acee brings a level of professionalism that I've grown accustomed to.

Did I really just give Acee a compliment?

He's improved ever since his promotion. I'll admit that. He seemed to finally grow some spine (or at least I think it's more he's starting to take more of a stand trying to draw the attention of national media more). Acee, I mean.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:
Chargers rookie SS Brandon Taylor is expected to start Sunday's game against the Jets.
The Chargers are going to use the final two games as an evaluation for Taylor, who will be making his first career start. The third-round pick replaces Corey Lynch as a "box" safety next to Eric Weddle.

Now if they were only smart enough to do the same with some of the other guys (Baker, Mouton, Green...)

Mouton might since I've heard Spikes is injured.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Zappaz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't realize it until I read it on ESPN but we haven't had a rushing TD since week 5.... only team to have gone that long this year. No wonder Rivers is pressing and making mistakes, there is zero threat of the run.

I normally hate the offseason but this one should be VERY interesting and telling of how the ownership see the team going forward. We do have some nice building blocks in place, especially on D, so I wonder if we go more D oriented coach and become somewhat of that Ravens/TB mold? How would people feel if Pagano got the HC position?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pags is making huge strides on defense. I want him to stay and we bring in Hue Jackson or possibly Josh McDaniels to reboot the offense.

EverythingSF wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: