Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Zoom's Mock Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chali21

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Most likely. I'm not saying he's great, but I'd prefer not to lose him. He's shown he's capable of producing and I really don't want to have another hole to fill on our roster. If he gets ridiculous with his salary demands then screw him but I don't think he will

Wheeler is a guy who will excel with more talent around him. He's a solid role player who can make some plays.

I agree, but I was talking about Myers....

My bad. Same goes for Myers. Solid role player. If the Raiders had better WR threats, it'd open up more for him.

We should rename these threads, I get confused myself.

Myers is one of our better players on offense. That's kind of a bad thing I mean the dude isn't a Aaron Hernandez or Jimmy Graham so he can't really be the focus of the offense. What we need is more guys that can catch.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to keep Myers around but who knows the price tag he'll ask for. I don't know much about his character or demeanor but that alone makes me assume he's humble.

This is obviously an assumption and part of wishful thinking b/c I would hate to have another hole to fill on this team but here's for hoping for the best....

PM sig requests.

Last edited by JTagg7754 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be the only one who thinks this, but I don't think Myers will request much at all.

If you look at his 3 years before this season, he didn't do much anything at all. You don't pay a guy a big chunk of money just because he's coming off ONE nice season of catching the football.

Myers is a role player. His numbers are all a product of the system with our offense being 70% pass. He's the beneficiary of inconsistent WR play & a one sided pass heavy offense. Other than catching, he can't do anything else. Miller & even Boss were more balanced in terms of overall skillset. Don't get me wrong though, I like the guy & want to keep him, but if he does indeed ask for a lot (which I still highly doubt) he can go. He's not worth a large investment in my eyes.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
I may be the only one who thinks this, but I don't think Myers will request much at all.

If you look at his 3 years before this season, he didn't do much anything at all. You don't pay a guy a big chunk of money just because he's coming off ONE nice season of catching the football.

Myers is a role player. His numbers are all a product of the system with our offense being 70% pass. He's the beneficiary of inconsistent WR play & a one sided pass heavy offense. Other than catching, he can't do anything else. Miller & even Boss were more balanced in terms of overall skillset. Don't get me wrong though, I like the guy & want to keep him, but if he does indeed ask for a lot (which I still highly doubt) he can go. He's not worth a large investment in my eyes.

Agreed. It would be one thing if he had a 1200 yard 10 TD season, but he didn't. He isnt a game breaker, he isnt going to scare a defense. He is just going out there and catching the balls thrown to him. I dont see him asking for, or receiving much money. I could be wrong, but I dont see a team overpaying for him.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
holyghost

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some stupid team may overpay for him, but that's not in our control. I would pay him decent but not overpay.Just as his breakout season was created out of thin air, the same can happen for another guy we have (Ausberry), or pick up. Myers is not one bit irreplaceable, so he shouldn't be treated as such.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: