Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC West News - 49ers lead to lose
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Alex Smith was knocked out of the SF-STL game with a concussion. Rams up 17-7.

And the 49er's Super Bowl chances improve because of it.

Eh. Kaepernick's pretty shaky. Say you will about Alex Smith, the guy is incredibly efficient.

Still looks good to me. Schooling the Bears defense. The 49er's should start him the rest of the way. Alex Smith is not a winner.

Last season wasn't a fluke. What did they win, 13-14 games? That's probably not a valid statement anymore.

If they releaseed him, I'd definitely be interested.

How many of those games would the team have won with a different QB? 13 or 14? he isn't the type of QB who can carry a team and in the playoffs the QB needs to step it up from time to time. If they stay with Kap they have a better chance to win the big dance if he continues to play as well as he did yesterday.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Eh. Kaepernick's pretty shaky. Say you will about Alex Smith, the guy is incredibly efficient.

Still looks good to me. Schooling the Bears defense. The 49er's should start him the rest of the way. Alex Smith is not a winner.

Last season wasn't a fluke. What did they win, 13-14 games? That's probably not a valid statement anymore.

If they releaseed him, I'd definitely be interested.

How many of those games would the team have won with a different QB? 13 or 14? he isn't the type of QB who can carry a team and in the playoffs the QB needs to step it up from time to time. If they stay with Kap they have a better chance to win the big dance if he continues to play as well as he did yesterday.

Bolded: I am 100% confident in saying they wouldn't have won nearly that many games without Smith. Look at his year last year. He was arguably the most efficient QB in the league. Completion percentage, yards per attempt and turnovers? He was top 5 in the league, easy.

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If some NFC West news, the 49ers have signed LB Navorro Bowman to a 5 year contract extension, locking him up thru the 2018 and have placed WR Kyle Williams and RB Kendall Hunter on season ending injured reserve. Hunter apparently tore his achilles last week.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not NFC West news but the Eagles cut Jason Babin today.

Justo on the sig
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

I just looked at the Super Bowl odds and since Kap took over the 49er's are the odds on favorite to win it all.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Alex Smith, honestly, if he was cut, I would want Ken/Rod/New HC/Steve Keim to be the first guy on the phone to him. We could really use a QB with his experience and efficiency to be a transitional QB for us. It would also allow us to really build a running game and offensive line through the draft.

Heck I think Alex has some qualities (Namely ball placement) that are somewhat reminiscient of Kurt Warner and I think for that reason he could be highly successful in an offense that has created plenty of openings this season, just has not had a QB to take advantage.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
On Alex Smith, honestly, if he was cut, I would want Ken/Rod/New HC/Steve Keim to be the first guy on the phone to him. We could really use a QB with his experience and efficiency to be a transitional QB for us. It would also allow us to really build a running game and offensive line through the draft.

Heck I think Alex has some qualities (Namely ball placement) that are somewhat reminiscient of Kurt Warner and I think for that reason he could be highly successful in an offense that has created plenty of openings this season, just has not had a QB to take advantage.
I would feel bad for Fitz if he had to deal with another bum at QB like Smith. You guys deserve better.

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
apollo14000

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
khodder wrote:

I would feel bad for Fitz if he had to deal with another bum at QB like Smith. You guys deserve better.

Lol 49ers fans have always underappreciated what Smith brings to the table. He can't carry an offense on his shoulders but he doesn't turn the ball over, completes a high % of passes, and can definitely win football games in a well rounded offense. That's hardly what you'd call a bum. Skelton is a bum. Smith is way above that level.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Smith but I'd rather just stick with Kolb if we don't go QB thru the draft. At least he's used to the players etc... Cutting Kolb and signing Smith seems kinda neutral/pointless.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
khodder wrote:

I said it the day Kap took over. I like the 49er's chances to win it all. Good luck to you and your team.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
khodder wrote:

Where's oldman 9'er? Making excuses for Alex still? Or has it been long enough and he wants the whole thing?
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
khodder wrote:

Lol 49ers fans have always underappreciated what Smith brings to the table. He can't carry an offense on his shoulders but he doesn't turn the ball over, completes a high % of passes, and can definitely win football games in a well rounded offense. That's hardly what you'd call a bum. Skelton is a bum. Smith is way above that level.

Matt Leinart was cut for the same reasons.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: