Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Do we look to New England, Boise State, or...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:

You seem to be making this argument up on your own...I never said Emery wasn't open...I said he wasn't anywhere near as open as JA...so you had my point wrong from the start.

Great so now you can accept the information that is being piled against your coach.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

You seem to be making this argument up on your own...I never said Emery wasn't open...I said he wasn't anywhere near as open as JA...so you had my point wrong from the start.

Great so now you can accept the information that is being piled against your coach.

What info is that?…from sports writers who are speculating on what will happen if we don’t make the playoffs…that’s not exactly enough for a grand jury wouldn’t you say…well maybe you would.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

What info is that?…from sports writers who are speculating on what will happen if we don’t make the playoffs…that’s not exactly enough for a grand jury wouldn’t you say…well maybe you would.

Brad Biggs,Jeff Dickerson,Morrissey and then this

http://www.csnchicago.com/pages/v11_videodetail?PID=6cLLTB-Ky7pAN0kD5CYw4PtchbhnbyW8mllUoC8

Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

http://www.csnchicago.com/pages/v11_videodetail?PID=6cLLTB-Ky7pAN0kD5CYw4PtchbhnbyW8mllUoC8

You can’t be taking this video seriously…can you?...let’s see firstly it’s again…speculation…the tag of the video is called…”CTL: Is Lovie on the hot seat?”...they are posing a question not saying they actually know anything…then they conveniently post the Bears offensive rankings but rather surprising fail to do the same with the defensive ranking…so that is real balanced journalism…then for the kicker and to show just how much horse crap this video is they go on to talk about Lovie’s facial hair like a bunch of school girls…I mean it’s like there are inside the franchise and know what is going to be important to Emery when it comes to making his decision /sarcasm…

Guys have opinions on Lovie and that is cool…I don’t feel it is right that we have consistently lost to the packers over the last few years…I don’t feel it is right where the offence has been over many years…I don’t even feel there is any way to get away from the fact that Lovie is poor when it comes to making offensive hires…but IMO Lovie is far from the problem with this team…Emery needs to take control of the hiring of staff and give the Oline the talent it needs to execute and offence…if he can do that he has the perfect HC to continue to have an elite D which would be a perennial playoff contender.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

You can’t be taking this video seriously…can you?...let’s see firstly it’s again…speculation…the tag of the video is called…”CTL: Is Lovie on the hot seat?”...they are posing a question not saying they actually know anything…then they conveniently post the Bears offensive rankings but rather surprising fail to do the same with the defensive ranking…so that is real balanced journalism…then for the kicker and to show just how much horse crap this video is they go on to talk about Lovie’s facial hair like a bunch of school girls…I mean it’s like there are inside the franchise and know what is going to be important to Emery when it comes to making his decision /sarcasm…

Guys have opinions on Lovie and that is cool…I don’t feel it is right that we have consistently lost to the packers over the last few years…I don’t feel it is right where the offence has been over many years…I don’t even feel there is any way to get away from the fact that Lovie is poor when it comes to making offensive hires…but IMO Lovie is far from the problem with this team…Emery needs to take control of the hiring of staff and give the Oline the talent it needs to execute and offence…if he can do that he has the perfect HC to continue to have an elite D which would be a perennial playoff contender.

You have listed a number of significant things, from losing to the Packers to bad hiring. I would also add his culpability in the personnel decisions and roster talent, because there is some.

Now to me those are some significant strikes and I ask this without be accusatory.

What is it that you think Lovie does well?
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Now to me those are some significant strikes and I ask this without be accusatory.

What is it that you think Lovie does well?

Have you ever heard a player say a bad word about Lovie Smith? No…he is one of if not the best man manager in the NFL…

When was the last time a Bears player got into serious trouble? Tank Johnson back in what 06?...he keeps the roster in check because those players have the upmost respect for him…

We have had the best D in the NFL over the course of his 9 years in charge…he is the reason we are the #1 team in takeaways over his tenure in the entire league…

He has produced not only an elite D but also has a winning record overall even with the handcuff of having Jerry Angelo providing him with talent…

Smith does far more well than many give him credit for…IMO there aren’t 10 better HCs in the NFL.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My main issue with all of this is that the Bears have been in the Stone Age offensively forever. We are embarrassingly behind the times in terms of talent innovation and play calling.

I really don't think hiring someone's QB coach who is a first time play caller is going to fix that.

If we won't to move from the Stone Age we need to make a bold move to create change. Hiring another Martz or Tice simply is not going to change a culture.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
My main issue with all of this is that the Bears have been in the Stone Age offensively forever. We are embarrassingly behind the times in terms of talent innovation and play calling.

I really don't think hiring someone's QB coach who is a first time play caller is going to fix that.

If we won't to move from the Stone Age we need to make a bold move to create change. Hiring another Martz or Tice simply is not going to change a culture.

You can't possibly know that...Sean Payton wasn't even the OC in Dallas when the Saints hired him as HC...

There are plenty of guys out there who are QB coaches just waiting for an opportunity.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will further my position.

The debate over whether Lovie Smith should keep his job continues to rage, after a 7-1 start, and while I do not think that Lovie Smith is a terrible coach he is a victim of the times. The NFL has turned into an offensive league and Lovie Smith simply cannot do offense. In 9 years he has not been able to reach higher that 15 in the offensive rankings and the last 3 years we have been 24 or lower. We have had 4 offesnive coordinators in that time and we look like we will have a 5th very soon. Lovie, when it comes to offense, is an Atari mind in an Xbox world.

The Bears need an offensive revolution if they are going to compete with the Packers.

This will not happen if they simply hire another retread OC like Martz or if they go and get yet another 1st time play caller like Tice. Those are not bold moves, those are not moves that change the culture of the team those are not moves that will move us out of the stone age on offense and truly make the Bears relevant again. Those type of moves have failed 4 times in the past under this regime.

The Bears need a bold move. They need to bring in an offensive head coach that has called plays and had success and who can change the culture at Halas Hall of not drafting, developing or promoting offensive success. They need someone who will be innovative and adapt to the personnel and the situation. They need someone who will finally stop band aid fixing the offense and bring BALANCE to the team. This can be accomplished by going out and getting the best and the brightest offesnsive mind and hiring them to be the head coach and our leader, because these guys don't leave where they are being successful to become an OC.

The Bears need a culture change at Halas Hall, not another half measure or OC that will be fired in 2 years.

In today's NFL you cannot say we don't do offense well.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

You can't possibly know that...Sean Payton wasn't even the OC in Dallas when the Saints hired him as HC...

There are plenty of guys out there who are QB coaches just waiting for an opportunity.

To the same degree that you don't know that there are a bunch of QB coaches who would be good OCs.

I don't know if LaFluer is a good play caller or an OC.

I know that Rick Dennison is a good play caller and OC.

There is only one way we are going to get Dennison and it is not going to be to offer him our OC position.

This is a cultural problem with the Bears and maybe you are right and Emery has the golden eye for OC talent but let's keep in mind he has NEVER hired a coach before and was brought in here for his ability to draft and not assemble a coaching staff.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

I can see you didnt even bother to read the work of the writers I posted. As I figured. Why do I need to spoon feed this information to you? (Yes two of those guys actually have insider information on that video you thought was garbage)

You know Brad Biggs talked about what you were saying that Emery should take control of the hiring. Someone asked him that question. He said that 1. Lovie doesnt have an infinite number of hiring. 2. Emery will not force a OC down Lovie's throat. Even Angelo let him have the last say.

GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:

When was the last time a Bears player got into serious trouble? Tank Johnson back in what 06?...he keeps the roster in check because those players have the upmost respect for him…

Sam Hurd ring a bell?

GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Phil Emery has a pretty clear picture of what he wants to do right now. Whether Im right or wrong there are going to be alot of coaches moving about shortly after these last two games. So moving quickly is a good idea.

Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Sam Hurd ring a bell?

Sam Hurd who had been doing it for years in Dallas you mean?
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

I can see you didnt even bother to read the work of the writers I posted. As I figured. Why do I need to spoon feed this information to you? (Yes two of those guys actually have insider information on that video you thought was garbage)

You know Brad Biggs talked about what you were saying that Emery should take control of the hiring. Someone asked him that question. He said that 1. Lovie doesnt have an infinite number of hiring. 2. Emery will not force a OC down Lovie's throat. Even Angelo let him have the last say.

You spoon fed me info…Laughing someone has a mighty high opinion of themselves considering what they have to back up their “inside info”…anyone who has any idea about how the media actually works will tell you that video is a crock...but I guess you can't see that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: