Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Weapons needed..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Would anyone be willing to part with a 2nd and a 3rd for the disgruntle Fitzgerald?

He just signed a 8yr/120M contract last offseason.

If we can restructure him to under 10M per season for the next 3 or 4 seasons, then yes.

Here's his contract details: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/larry-fitzgerald/
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freak_of_nature wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Would anyone be willing to part with a 2nd and a 3rd for the disgruntle Fitzgerald?

If we can restructure him to under 10M per season for the next 3 or 4 seasons, then yes.

Here's his contract details: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/larry-fitzgerald/

Ok, why would Larry Fitz want to come to Miami? Tell me how Miami's situation is better for Larry Fitz? Laughing
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:

Ok, why would Larry Fitz want to come to Miami? Tell me how Miami's situation is better for Larry Fitz? Laughing

If he wants to get out of AZ, there are few worse options. Miami is a more promising team with better QB play.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
freak_of_nature wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:

It doesn't matter what Fitz wants...he's under contract....if the Cardinal want to deal him, they will....I was looking at the idea that the Phins have the picks to actually make a move like this...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
Sure we have needs on offense and a few on defense. Speaking strictly speaking draft. Do you draft someone out of need or do you draft bpa?

Pats seem to always draft the BPA, you would think we would learn a thing or two...I was still pretty surprised we didn't Take Mallet after he fell back much farther than people expected.
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami2DaMax wrote:
Maddogg wrote:
Sure we have needs on offense and a few on defense. Speaking strictly speaking draft. Do you draft someone out of need or do you draft bpa?

Pats seem to always draft the BPA, you would think we would learn a thing or two...I was still pretty surprised we didn't Take Mallet after he fell back much farther than people expected.

Patriots drafting for a majority of the past 5 seasons has actually been pretty subpar when you go back and look at the track record. I remember a big discussion in NFL General last season about their draft classes being somewhat unfruitful with the exception of 1 class.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami just needs to draft impact players, ignoring size. Last year I thought it would be a good idea for Miami to take Russell Wilson. But, like most scouts, many thought he was too small. This year I am saying the same thing. Miami needs to consider taking Tavon Austin WR West Virginia. He is Deshawn Jackson. In fact, Miami needs to not even look at height when evaluating players this year. Every player they take should be quick and fast. In fact, that should be their draft strategy from this point forward.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Miami just needs to draft impact players, ignoring size. Last year I thought it would be a good idea for Miami to take Russell Wilson. But, like most scouts, many thought he was too small. This year I am saying the same thing. Miami needs to consider taking Tavon Austin WR West Virginia. He is Deshawn Jackson. In fact, Miami needs to not even look at height when evaluating players this year. Every player they take should be quick and fast. In fact, that should be their draft strategy from this point forward.

Ova is right about Tavon Austin....Here's his game against Oklahoma..I've watched it now 5 times....dude is amazing....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxzPryPMB74

and his Junior Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q3UOd9_Tkw

This is the type of guy who can line up at a number of positions and make things happen...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. NE for the most part is a bad drafting team. They are good at acquiring picks, bad execution mostly. Our drafts>Their's for the most part.

2. You can go BPA when you have an elite QB (totally went Omar Kelly, some of you are going to hate that but it's true). Once you have an elite QB he makes your decent picks good, good picks look great, and you great picks look elite.

3. If the Dolphins think they have an potentially elite QB (I'm not convinced, but I think they are) then go BPA offensive players. Draft 2 defensive players tops in the first 6 picks.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
DOLFAN016

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

Ova is right about Tavon Austin....Here's his game against Oklahoma..I've watched it now 5 times....dude is amazing....

This is the type of guy who can line up at a number of positions and make things happen...

After watching that highlight and his highlights against Maryland I am completely sold. Even if we pick in the 12-15 range I think we should consider taking him. DEs are deep this year and one can be had in the second round along with our OL depth. I also believe that Charles Clay is going to breakout next year and hopefully another full offseason will get Egnew on the field. Tavon Austin is EXPLOSIVE! I would love to see him in a Fins uniform next year along with Greg Jennings.

1. Greg Jennings
2. Tavon Austin
3. Brian Hartline
4. Armon Binns
5. Rishard Matthews/Marlon Moore
Slot - Davone Bess
TE - Charles Clay/Michael Egnew/Rookie

Looks like a huge upgrade to me!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOLFAN016 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

After watching that highlight and his highlights against Maryland I am completely sold. Even if we pick in the 12-15 range I think we should consider taking him. DEs are deep this year and one can be had in the second round along with our OL depth. I also believe that Charles Clay is going to breakout next year and hopefully another full offseason will get Egnew on the field. Tavon Austin is EXPLOSIVE! I would love to see him in a Fins uniform next year along with Greg Jennings.

1. Greg Jennings
2. Tavon Austin
3. Brian Hartline
4. Armon Binns
Slot - Davone Bess

The kid has game...

I think Ova is on to something....lets stop drafting players that look good on paper (with all the "right" attributes height/weight...) and start going after guys that look good on the field. This team needs playmakers and football players...not exceptional athletes that play football, but guys who are exceptional at football. Look ay Danny Woodhead....he's tiny above average speed, but the guy plays football and is very successful.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOLFAN016 wrote:

1. Greg Jennings
2. Tavon Austin
3. Brian Hartline
4. Armon Binns
Slot - Davone Bess

I like both WVU WRs: Tavon Austin and Setdman Bailey. Austin reminds me of Randall Cobb and/or Darren Sproles. He can line up anywhere on the field as a WR, RB or returner. Bailey reminds me a little of Steve Smith (not as big though). He seems to have reliable and strong hands and make the big catches. Not sure if he could be a WR1 like Smith. I like Keenan Allen as well. He is also very athletic and is already familiar with the west coast offense.
It will be very interesting to see what the Fins are going to do this offseason. Looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Austin's game but I'm not sure where he fits. To me he looks like a 3rd down back. He isn't a true field stretcher, at least from the five games I ahve seen (need to still watch LSU in 2011). Austin at best is an explosive slot receiver.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
I like Austin's game but I'm not sure where he fits. To me he looks like a 3rd down back. He isn't a true field stretcher, at least from the five games I ahve seen (need to still watch LSU in 2011). Austin at best is an explosive slot receiver.

He's a mismatch nightmare for opponents....Slot, backfield, outside, returner....I get the feeling wherever he ends up he's going to contribute in a very dynamic way.

As far as draft....I get the feeling he goes in the second round....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:

He's a mismatch nightmare for opponents....Slot, backfield, outside, returner....I get the feeling wherever he ends up he's going to contribute in a very dynamic way.

As far as draft....I get the feeling he goes in the second round....

If he goes any higher it is a mistake. I would pick him in the middle of the second round probably.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: