Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Minnesota Vikings (8-6) @ Houston Texans (12-2)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this weekend?
JJ Watt
45%
 45%  [ 10 ]
Adrian Peterson
50%
 50%  [ 11 ]
Anybody else.
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22

texans_uk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: GDT: Minnesota Vikings (8-6) @ Houston Texans (12-2) Reply with quote

(12-2) Houston JJ Watts

vs

(8-6) Minnesota Adrian Petersons

Overview

The 8-6 Minnesota Vikings roll into Reliant Stadium off the back of two impressive victories, over the improving St Louis Rams and the another strong playoff contender, the Chicago Bears. The Vikings success to date is built on a fairly solid defense, the leagues worst ranking passing offense (in yardage) and then of course the cyborg from the future that is Adrian Peterson. It's really quite astonishing the numbers AD is putting up right now, he only needs 294 yards in the final two weeks to eclipse Eric Dickerson's single season record of 2,105 yards, whilst having Christian Ponder as his QB. Now of course it isn't all down to Ponder, the receiving corps of the Vikings leaves a lot to be desired, but he certainly isn't staking a claim to be the leader of this team for the future. The Vikings travel to a Texans team who have just clinched their second consecutive AFC South crown and who know a victory here will guarantee home field advantage throughout the playoffs. The Texans recovered well against a seemingly playoff bound Colts unit, after being humbled the week before by Tom Brady and crew on national TV (again). The Texans have a balanced offense with Arian Foster leading the way on the ground and Andre Johnson leading through the air. However, much of their success is determined by that of the defense. A key star of that defense is a man who is heavily regarded as the favourite for the DPOY award and even getting recognition for the MVP award alongside Cyborg.28, and that man is JJ Swatt.

Positional Matchup

QB - Texans
RB - Vikings
FB - Texans
WR - Texans
OL - Texans

DL - Push
LB - Texans
DB - Texans

ST - Vikings

Will finish tomorrow. Feel free to chat.

amazingandre

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERY important game for us and I think we need to come out strong and put them down early....
texans_uk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
VERY important game for us and I think we need to come out strong and put them down early....

That will be in my analysis tomorrow.

Basically, I'm guessing everyone else in the NFL has thought this too, we need to get up early and big so they can't justify feeding Peterson the ball. Plus if we can make sure we don't let him rip an 80+ yarder we should be better off. Obviously lol.

skywindO2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to rustle any jimmies, but is the Houston fullback situation actually better than Minnesota's or were you just guessing? Jerome Felton is a huge part of why Peterson is having the year he's having.

Also, you guys can have the win and it probably won't take much effort on your part. No way Ponder does anything right against a Wade Phillips defense. I'll be totally okay with another 200+ yard performance from Peterson in a losing effort though.

Good luck and Happy Holidays! Congrats on your already awesome season.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
kenney

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skywindO2 wrote:
Not to rustle any jimmies, but is the Houston fullback situation actually better than Minnesota's or were you just guessing? Jerome Felton is a huge part of why Peterson is having the year he's having.

Also, you guys can have the win and it probably won't take much effort on your part. No way Ponder does anything right against a Wade Phillips defense. I'll be totally okay with another 200+ yard performance from Peterson in a losing effort though.

Yes. James Casey is one of the very best in the game. There's a reason we let Leach and then Vickers walk.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at the start of the season none of us expected our last 3 games to be against playoff caliber teams

the vikings playoff dreams end sunday though with a big loss to the texans

we have the man power to stop Peterson (around 100 anyways) and they cant beat us threw the air

this one shouldnt be close, im thinking 31-14 or something like that

get Andre his 100 catches and 1500 yards and let him rest next week
Carrer marks:
992 catches 13,381 yards 63 TDs
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I hope the Minnesota Vikids come to play on Sunday. The real team only plays well in Minnesota. Its like watching a highschool team when Minnesota is on the road.

Our WRs suck. Michael Junkins is good for 5-8 yard passes, Devin Aromashadow is no good. Its literally like throwing to a shadow. Stephen Durrrrrrrrrrrton can only block, not catch. He has no field awareness at all. Jarius Wrong is no Percy Harvin, and Jerump "really high" Simpson is no more than a #4 WR in the NFL, and thats why he's our #1. (There are 2 reasons why Jerome Simpson is Jerump "really high").

Other than that, we field a pretty solid team, minus QB, DT, OLB, MLB, Opposite Safety to Harrison Smith, CB, 2nd string TE and Tobias Gerhart.

This game will come down to who turns the ball over less, and when Christian Ponder is your Qb, you just never know.

Gameday ritual
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously the key is to stop AD. The Vikings are going to pound him the ball early and often. We have to force them to pass since they are dead last in passing offense. Their best WR (Harvin) isn't going to play and no telling how they will use Rudolph. (We usually do bad against opposing tight ends) We should be able to pull this one out.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
skywindO2 wrote:

Yes. James Casey is one of the very best in the game. There's a reason we let Leach and then Vickers walk.

As has been the Vikings situation at FB. Felton has been an absolute monster blocking for Adrian Peterson.

It seems the Texans will catch a little bit of a break with Brian Robison out with a shoulder injury. His backup Everson Griffen is a freak athlete and very good, but without both of them on the field at once the Vikings lose quite a bit of versatility, and it becomes easier to double team Jared Allen. This could be a big blow, as the defensive line is easily the best unit on the defense.

Chris Cook is probably coming back after a broken arm. He's been instrumental in shutting down the big/fast/athletic WR's we face. Should be a good matchup with Andre Johnson.

Lil Uno with the sig.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize robison was out, that probably swings the dl into our favour.

BullsonParade

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the defense shows up. We've already made Henne look like Brady at home before, so there's no reason to think (even as bad has Ponder has been) that we will automatically stop Ponder. I personally want Peterson to get 150 or so because I want him to break the all-time record, but of course I want the Texans to also get the W and clinch that 1st seed. I think Tate should get more carries in this game, gotta limit Foster a little bit. Most of all, can't have any injuries to any of the best players on the roster.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friggin stupid Fox network just had to have both the Texans and Cowboys slotted for noon.

I don't even have to check the tv guide, I already know which game they're gonna broadcast in Odessa Evil or Very Mad

life is one huge game that infinite awareness has with itself
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytrajik wrote:
Friggin stupid Fox network just had to have both the Texans and Cowboys slotted for noon.

I don't even have to check the tv guide, I already know which game they're gonna broadcast in Odessa Evil or Very Mad

Have fun watching the saints blow the Cowboys out of the playoffs.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
Jaytrajik wrote:

Have fun watching the saints blow the Cowboys out of the playoffs.

Maybe if it's a blow out, they'll switch to our game towards the end.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
62 tot, 2 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
I didn't realize robison was out, that probably swings the dl into our favour.

maybe, maybe not.

he went out with a severe shoulder injury early in the game last week, and Everson Griffen was his replacement. Griffen is a great player that all us Viking fans like a lot.

very fast, very strong, good hands even. on a blitz from a linebacker and cornerback last week, Griffen dropped back in to coverage, cleanly intercepted a ball, and ran it back 26 yards for a TD.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: