Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins playoff chances
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah those two overtime losses really grind my gears. Could you imagine being 8-6 right now with a game against Buffalo coming up? Oh well, as the saying goes, you are what you are.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
Deadeye

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we were past this silliness. Losing to Indy, Buffalo, and Tennessee should have snapped the dreamers back into reality. Somehow it didn't.

I'm looking forward to the draft. We need playmakers. Pass rushers and WRs to make this team more competitive. We need O-lineman as always. And we need a ballhawk in the secondary. Those ingredients will make us a 10 to 12 win team.
Deets

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
I thought we were past this silliness. Losing to Indy, Buffalo, and Tennessee should have snapped the dreamers back into reality. Somehow it didn't.

I'm looking forward to the draft. We need playmakers. Pass rushers and WRs to make this team more competitive. We need O-lineman as always. And we need a ballhawk in the secondary. Those ingredients will make us a 10 to 12 win team.

Whats unrealistic about wanting to beat Buffalo at home and hope that Pittsburgh beats Cinncy? No one actually believes we can clear the Week 17 hurdles but we want to see the team actually play a meaningful Week 17 game. The Week 16 challenges are actually quite reasonable.

FF Member #67
Deadeye

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
Deadeye wrote:

Whats unrealistic about wanting to beat Buffalo at home and hope that Pittsburgh beats Cinncy? No one actually believes we can clear the Week 17 hurdles but we want to see the team actually play a meaningful Week 17 game. The Week 16 challenges are actually quite reasonable.
It's not the desire for us to do well, I share that with everyone else. Whenever the Phins are on tv, I'm cheering for them to win every single time. That's expected and it's fine.

It's the absurd desire to see all the other stars line up so that we, as a .500 team, can go to the playoffs and have our arses handed to us by a really good team. I don't want to see another 65-7 drubbing. I don't want to see Tannehill with 175 yards, 0 TDs, and 3 INTs. I don't want to see our defense get torched by NE, Denver, or Houston. We don't deserve the playoffs, that much is obvious to me. I want us to finish strong and focus on the off season so we can add some playmakers that we desperately need.
ojmcduff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offseason will come whether we make the playoffs or not.
Deadeye

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ojmcduff wrote:
No duh.

I'd rather have an off season where we didn't get destroyed in a hopeless playoff game. This fixation about making the playoffs is silly, we don't have the players to compete with any of the other playoff teams.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two well played games....let the players go into the offseason with confidence....let them get close, but just miss the playoffs....A team hungry for success can be very dangerous....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
ojmcduff wrote:
No duh.

I'd rather have an off season where we didn't get destroyed in a hopeless playoff game. This fixation about making the playoffs is silly, we don't have the players to compete with any of the other playoff teams.

Its more fun to be involved then not involved at all. I have fun watching the playoffs and the longer the Dolphins are included the more I enjoy it.

FF Member #67
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give it your best shot. So what if it hurts the draft position, the draft is pretty bad this season. It is historically awful at the top anyway. More wins=more attractive to FA and to fans. Fan buzz=good.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
Deadeye

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
Deadeye wrote:
ojmcduff wrote:
No duh.

Its more fun to be involved then not involved at all. I have fun watching the playoffs and the longer the Dolphins are included the more I enjoy it.
So you enjoyed Marino's last game because it was a playoff game?

I didn't particularly enjoy our loss to the Ravens in 2008 either.
Deets

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
Deets wrote:
Deadeye wrote:
ojmcduff wrote:
No duh.

I enjoyed the fact that during the week before the playoffs I still had a fins game to look forward to. 31 teams are going to get knocked off eventually, no use in not wanting games because youre so sure we're going to lose.

FF Member #67
DolphWins

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
Dolphins making the playoffs? Sure! Its about the same probability as every poster here dating a Miami Dolphin cheerleader.

Dibs on Samantha.

It would be pretty hilarious for us to make the playoffs and beat someone. I would have loved it if the Pats were the #1 seed and we made it in as the 6th.

Adopt a Dolphwin - Lamar Miller
157 Rush - 628 Yards - 4.0 Avg - 2 TD [] 25 Rec - 166 Yards
ZenZuki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Two well played games....let the players go into the offseason with confidence....let them get close, but just miss the playoffs....A team hungry for success can be very dangerous....

+1 Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
Deadeye wrote:
Deets wrote:
Deadeye wrote:
ojmcduff wrote:
No duh.

I enjoyed the fact that during the week before the playoffs I still had a fins game to look forward to. 31 teams are going to get knocked off eventually, no use in not wanting games because youre so sure we're going to lose.

This. Every teams goal is to make the playoffs. At this point, even though the dolphins chances are slim, the fact that some people don't really care if we make it, and actually want us not to, shocks me.
Kaiowas05

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now SUnday is a worthless game... but yet we get Flexed to 4:25pm for the first time in years

the redzone effect?
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner 2012 and 2013
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: