Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Coach Kubiak "Grow a pair"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dawgtx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can point fingers at Kubiak, Schaub, Foster, Johnson...

BUT, both lines did basically nothing. I can't think of a single time that ANYONE on the offensive line that put a Patriot defensive lineman on his butt. I kept screaming, "HIT SOMEBODY", followed by a list of profanities....and the defensive line? Unless your last name is Watt, did you even show up?

Schaub was off, no one played well.......but it starts on the lines! And if something does not improve, it will end on the lines as well.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
might as well fire all our coaches then, because they do nothing, its all on the players.....

Tell that to Cam Cameron

This doesn't make sense as an argument.

The difference between good coaches and great coaches is generally X's and O's--good coaches make better in-game decisions more consistently than bad ones. The difference between great coaches and good coaches is generally in vision of the program and execution of the small details. This is created over time with expectations and clear communication. While some coaches generally do not follow this mold (I think Andy Reid and Gary Kubiak are both good coaches who have succeeded because of vision for the program while in-game decisions hold them back from becoming great), I'd say this is the case for the majority of coaches.

Agreed, but the reality is, sometimes a great speech or an off the field incident can spark a team. Lack of focus comes when it gets relaxed and the team becomes over confident. That is squarely on the coaching. Our team is not a consistent winner and handling success can be difficult, its just a fact, thats why they say being a consistent winner is VERY hard.
Grasspike

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
might as well fire all our coaches then, because they do nothing, its all on the players.....

Tell that to Cam Cameron

This doesn't make sense as an argument.

The difference between good coaches and great coaches is generally X's and O's--good coaches make better in-game decisions more consistently than bad ones. The difference between great coaches and good coaches is generally in vision of the program and execution of the small details. This is created over time with expectations and clear communication. While some coaches generally do not follow this mold (I think Andy Reid and Gary Kubiak are both good coaches who have succeeded because of vision for the program while in-game decisions hold them back from becoming great), I'd say this is the case for the majority of coaches.

Agreed, but the reality is, sometimes a great speech or an off the field incident can spark a team. Lack of focus comes when it gets relaxed and the team becomes over confident. That is squarely on the coaching. Our team is not a consistent winner and handling success can be difficult, its just a fact, thats why they say being a consistent winner is VERY hard.

As far as being a consistent winner, I think that's more on the players than the coaches. When you see a guy like Brady, Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Ray Lewis, etc do what it takes to be great, that's when you get players to buy in. I think the players who are locker room leaders set the tone more than the coaching staff does. That's also the value of having someone like JJ Watt who clearly works harder than anyone else at his position, and even Brian Cushing who has a tremendous work ethic. And though a speech might fire some people up in the short term, it doesn't last very long. Daily program expectations are ten thousand times as important as any speech.

Sig by matthouston91
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Results are in. I guess calling your team out can be effective in doses. The very people who needed to step up this week vs. last week did in every case with Schaub, AJ, Arian, Joseph, and Antonio all stepping up big time and setting the proper tone from the coin flip onward. Kubiak was a bit hyper-conservative for my liking especially in the red zone, but he seems to have developed a decent feel for when to push and when to play it safe this season, so I'll give him a little benefit of the doubt since any turnovers in the red zone would have changed this game for us, as it did for the Colts with a very 2009 Texans-esque fumble using a random vet in the RZ.

KJax stunk again, but coaching the ignorance out of a moron like that would be like trying to get Kim Kardashian to understand the nature of the conflicts in the middle east (insert your own cock fighting reference with those two). No witty Brandon Harris references, but his pass interference penalties are about as subtle as Kim's K's Halloween outfits.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Marco79

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
KJax stunk again

How so? You're just being bitter because you were completing wrong about the guy.

Him and Joseph allowed a total of 6 passes to be completed for 51 yards against Avery and Wayne.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco79 wrote:
Quote:
KJax stunk again

How so? You're just being bitter because you were completing wrong about the guy.

Him and Joseph allowed a total of 6 passes to be completed for 51 yards against Avery and Wayne.

Do you even watch Texans games? K Jax kept their second drive alive on a ridiculously stupid personal foul on 3rd and 4 on a ball Wayne had already dropped. You seem to be fine with excusing away his requisite number of dumb plays per game when at this level, that is often the difference between winning and losing. Keeping a drive alive with a dumb penalty, especially a 15 yarder, on third down is the defensive equivalent of a turnover since you have extended their drive instead of giving the ball back to your offense. It wasn't even an aggressive play, it was just stupid and selfish. The guy is the Jacoby Jones of the defense where his teammates are asked to pick up the slack for some play where he has his head up his butt nearly every game and Brandon Harris every bit as "reliable." Balt, Pitt, and Cinn will all be licking their chops for the matchup with KJ on their #2's, not to mention NE & Denver who have already exploited him. The margin for error against a team like the Colts and Donnie Avery is clearly larger than others and I'm more than a tad concerned that Manning, Brady, and Big Ben are all good enough to pull a Drew Brees and just target KJ's man at the critical moments that determine the game. He may be better than last year, but he absolutely remains the weak link in this defense (along with nickel CB and safety) and I'm not ready trust his mental toughness come playoff time (but really have no choice).

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Grasspike

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Marco79 wrote:
Quote:
KJax stunk again

Do you even watch Texans games? K Jax kept their second drive alive on a ridiculously stupid personal foul on 3rd and 4 on a ball Wayne had already dropped. You seem to be fine with excusing away his requisite number of dumb plays per game when at this level, that is often the difference between winning and losing. Keeping a drive alive with a dumb penalty, especially a 15 yarder, on third down is the defensive equivalent of a turnover since you have extended their drive instead of giving the ball back to your offense. It wasn't even an aggressive play, it was just stupid and selfish. The guy is the Jacoby Jones of the defense where his teammates are asked to pick up the slack for some play where he has his head up his butt nearly every game and Brandon Harris every bit as "reliable." Balt, Pitt, and Cinn will all be licking their chops for the matchup with KJ on their #2's, not to mention NE & Denver who have already exploited him. The margin for error against a team like the Colts and Donnie Avery is clearly larger than others and I'm more than a tad concerned that Manning, Brady, and Big Ben are all good enough to pull a Drew Brees and just target KJ's man at the critical moments that determine the game. He may be better than last year, but he absolutely remains the weak link in this defense (along with nickel CB and safety) and I'm not ready trust his mental toughness come playoff time (but really have no choice).

Regardless of how dumb that penalty was, the fact remains that the secondary pretty much shut Andrew Luck down. You're not going to hold him under 50% completion percentage and under 200 yards if everyone isn't firing on all cylinders, including KJ.

Sig by matthouston91
Marco79

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Marco79 wrote:
Quote:
KJax stunk again

Laughing

You're talking about 1 penalty as if it's the end of the world. Yes it was stupid but that doesn't mean he had a bad game. Unless you're JJ Watt, players aren't gonna be perfect. They are gonna have 1 bad play a game probably. It is comical to see you come up with any excuse to bash Kareem. His penalty is equivalent to him allowing a 15 yard catch on 3rd down and I am sorry that doesn't mean he had a bad game. You comparing him to Jacoby is also ridiculous he is ten times the player Jacoby is and if anybody is jacoby of the defense t's Demps because he shows flashes of being good and then also has mental lapses. Kareem is dynamite against the run and he can cover well now. Yes he makes mistakes sometimes, but so does every NFL player.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: