Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reggie Bush 'uneasy' without new Miami Dolphins deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carlos2104

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
He needs more touches. I don't know why they don't line him up in the slot more often and put Miller at RB.
This. Miller sucks at blocking, so do a roll out ,screen, or slants. Something. We have talent at RB, so do it like we did with the R&R express. Instead of power, emphasize what little speed we have.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlos2104 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
He needs more touches. I don't know why they don't line him up in the slot more often and put Miller at RB.
This. Miller sucks at blocking, so do a roll out ,screen, or slants. Something. We have talent at RB, so do it like we did with the R&R express. Instead of power, emphasize what little speed we have.

Lets not forget Thigpen....this guy should be on the field more, line him up in the slot, on the outside, in the backfield....where ever you can to get him the ball a few times a game. Look at the Pats....the one thing they do well is get there best players on the field....Woodhead is a great example, he's not the starter, but he still gets carries, screens and other touches.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
carlos2104 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:

Lets not forget Thigpen....this guy should be on the field more, line him up in the slot, on the outside, in the backfield....where ever you can to get him the ball a few times a game. Look at the Pats....the one thing they do well is get there best players on the field....Woodhead is a great example, he's not the starter, but he still gets carries, screens and other touches.
I know nothing about Thigpen as an offensive weapon, but there is no denying he's explosive. At this point in the season, what is there to lose? We have a "shot" at the playoffs but it's not realistic. Once we get eliminated try out the younger guys.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlos2104 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
carlos2104 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:

I know nothing about Thigpen as an offensive weapon, but there is no denying he's explosive. At this point in the season, what is there to lose? We have a "shot" at the playoffs but it's not realistic. Once we get eliminated try out the younger guys.

I know he caught at least one pass this last game and I seem to remember them using him on an end around. At this point (espcially with Bess and Clay out) why not use him more. I also hope they use Egnew this week to fill Clay's spot....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bush is done here, unless he suddenly demands less money and actually runs the lane created for him instead of trying to bounce so many plays outside.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 11, Tackles 11 Assists 3 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1
Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 11 : Death 30 Joe 34
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Ross is deciding whether or not to fire Ireland. I think Ross has told Ireland to hold off on renewing contracts because Ross may want to get a new GM and let that new GM decide how to use cap space.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
I think Ross is deciding whether or not to fire Ireland. I think Ross has told Ireland to hold off on renewing contracts because Ross may want to get a new GM and let that new GM decide how to use cap space.

Really??? Why fire him now...I guarantee that Ireland is the GM for at least 1 more season. If Ross really thought Ireland was the issue he would have been gone with Sporano, but Ross doesn't see him as the problem and for the most part hasn't done anything to change that position. The Marshall trade? Marshall is already starting to run his mouth in Chicago....this past Draft? A starting QB and Tackle with contributors at other positions? I know you hate Ireland and you hate that Marshall is gone, but it's time to move on...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

Really??? Why fire him now...I guarantee that Ireland is the GM for at least 1 more season. If Ross really thought Ireland was the issue he would have been gone with Sporano, but Ross doesn't see him as the problem and for the most part hasn't done anything to change that position.

After Ross persuaded Harbaugh and missed, and then gave Sparano an extention to his contract, many believed he would stick with Sparano. He didn't. He just wanted one more season to evaluate. The same may be true with Ireland. We shall see. I would agree the likelihood is that Ireland is back, but season after season the Dolphins fall short. Eventually Ross will wise up and can his [inappropriate/removed]. That much I know to be true.

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

The Marshall trade? Marshall is already starting to run his mouth in Chicago....this past Draft? A starting QB and Tackle with contributors at other positions? I know you hate Ireland and you hate that Marshall is gone, but it's time to move on...

PUH-LEASE. Brandon Marshall is DESTROYING the NFL this year. He is 2nd in yardage. 3rd in TD's and first overall in receptions with 107. An all time Bears record, if I am not mistaken. And he has two games to go. They are THRILLED to have stolen him from us for two 3rds. One of the best off season trades in the NFL. No one is worried about his mouth. No one.

The sour grapes in Miami are turning to whine. We screwed the pooch on that trade and any objective soul on the planet knows it.

As for moving on. I will move on about Ireland when the Dolphins move on from him. Until he is gone, its totally appropriate to draw attention to the moves he's made during his career with the team. If Ross has a brain, he will be assessing the Marshall trade as well. I have no doubt that he is, and its not helping Ireland's case.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Mercury22"]
ViolentMonk71 wrote:

PUH-LEASE. Brandon Marshall is DESTROYING the NFL this year. He is 2nd in yardage. 3rd in TD's and first overall in receptions with 107. An all time Bears record, if I am not mistaken. And he has two games to go. They are THRILLED to have stolen him from us for two 3rds. One of the best off season trades in the NFL. No one is worried about his mouth. No one.

He may be, but it looks like the Bears to will miss the playoffs....so even with the great Marshall the Bears are Mediocre and he's starting to call out the players on his team. This is the kind of guy he is....when things are not going his way he will start to bad mouth those around him. In the end, Chicago will tire of this and he will be on his way to yet another team.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ViolentMonk71"]
Mercury22 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:

He may be, but it looks like the Bears to will miss the playoffs....so even with the great Marshall the Bears are Mediocre and he's starting to call out the players on his team. This is the kind of guy he is....when things are not going his way he will start to bad mouth those around him. In the end, Chicago will tire of this and he will be on his way to yet another team.

No single player on any team, including QB's can single-handedly take a team to the playoffs. If it could be done, Dan Marino would have done it. Football is a team sport, and all one player can do is contribute their fair share. Marshall has done that in every single destination he has been, including Miami. And he has done it with pretty crappy QB's.

This year he is reunited with the single decent QB that he has ever played with and it looks like he will, once again, be a pro bowl player, who is leading the entire NFL in catches. To suggest he isn't good enough to take a team to the playoffs is to suggest one player can, and that simply isn't true. Again, it sounds like sour grapes to me. Nothing personal, just saying you can't really blame him for the Bears not qualifying for the playoffs. If anything, you can credit him for them even being in the hunt. He has done more for his team than any single WR in the NFL this season. Mouth and all.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Mercury22"]
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:

No single player on any team, including QB's can single-handedly take a team to the playoffs. If it could be done, Dan Marino would have done it. Football is a team sport, and all one player can do is contribute their fair share. Marshall has done that in every single destination he has been, including Miami. And he has done it with pretty crappy QB's.

This year he is reunited with the single decent QB that he has ever played with and it looks like he will, once again, be a pro bowl player, who is leading the entire NFL in catches. To suggest he isn't good enough to take a team to the playoffs is to suggest one player can, and that simply isn't true. Again, it sounds like sour grapes to me. Nothing personal, just saying you can't really blame him for the Bears not qualifying for the playoffs. If anything, you can credit him for them even being in the hunt. He has done more for his team than any single WR in the NFL this season. Mouth and all.

Some could say that Dan Marino did carry his team to the playoffs.

My point on Marshall had less to do with carrying a team to the playoffs and more with the fact that he isn't a difference maker on a team. He went to a team that was 8 - 8 last season and in the hunt for a playoffs and this year they are in the same position. Brandon Marshall is now gone from the Dolphins and their position has improved.....does that mean the Phins are better off with him gone and has added little to the Bears. These are all speculative arguments and really prove nothing...but it does seem like a Jay Cutler is playing poorer with Marshall then without....

I think we are at an impasse....I respect your opinion Merc and understand your side, I just don't agree that the Marshall trade is a deal breaker for Ireland...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ViolentMonk71"]
Mercury22 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:

I think Marshall is a front runner he will wear out his welcome in Chicago with in 2 more years
Mercury22

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="fishfan4life"]
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:

I think Marshall is a front runner he will wear out his welcome in Chicago with in 2 more years

I'm betting he is with the Bears longer than Ireland is with the Dolphins.

Whatever the case, I don't hear complaints out of Chicago about Marshall. I only hear complaints about Marshall from folks in Miami. Chicago fans mostly see him as the all time single season record holder in virtually every receiving category, after one season with the team. If he were to leave today, his legacy in Chicago is ensured. Meanwhile, the call for "#1" WR's in Miami will continue.
Daryl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Marshall as a player. His talent and skills set are among the best in the league. However as a teammate the guys is a complete liability, as has been pointed out when things aren't going his way he becomes a jackass. Don't make excuses for the guy they saw it in Denver and we saw it in Miami too. So as happy as the Bears fan base is right now it's only a matter of time before he gets himself run out of town.

I was not happy we only got to 3's for him but like Ireland said when Indy approached him about Vontae you called me. We wanted to unload him and knew a reunion with Cutler was probably our best chance to do that. IN hindsight thinsg could have been worse though we could have kept him and been forced to release him once he punched another female. Thats the thing with BMarshall you never know which guy is going to show up. I honestly think his trade had more to do with Philbin not wanting him on the team than anything else. See Chad Johnson
skatewood2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Mercury22"]
fishfan4life wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:

I'm betting he is with the Bears longer than Ireland is with the Dolphins.

Whatever the case, I don't hear complaints out of Chicago about Marshall. I only hear complaints about Marshall from folks in Miami. Chicago fans mostly see him as the all time single season record holder in virtually every receiving category, after one season with the team. If he were to leave today, his legacy in Chicago is ensured. Meanwhile, the call for "#1" WR's in Miami will continue.

I agree with you Merc, in that this is coming from a fan base who is not used to high WR play like we are here in Miami. I am not sad that Marshall is gone, just sad that we still need that true #1 WR here. We have had some good WR's in Miami and Marshall was a part of that while he was here. But he is gone and we need to find our WR.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: