Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphan's Mock Offseason 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
SUG wrote:
Dolphinemidget wrote:
I know several people said it but dont think we resign Jake Long, and if we do I see us parting ways and gaining some draft picks for him, which means Martin goes to LT and then we need a RT, I see that as being a top 3 pick (aka we will use one of our first three picks for that)

Whoa whoa whoa !!!
Why on earth should we lower the standards of the most important OL along with our OC ???

If were gonna draft a OT for the love of Jobe do it in the 1st rnd.
Lets improve the Oline with the highest level of competition.
Let's approach it with "may the best man win the starting LT position".

Seriously, I'm not al all cool with drafting a OT that can't outplay J. Martin.
I'm not even remotely close to comfortable with him "on either side" yet

Just saying, lets not lower our standards with an "OK NCAA LT" is all.

The position is way too important.

sug
For what its worth except for the one Aldon Smith play Martin has played solid at LT so far, much better then he did at RT. I recently read in a article its easier for a finesse tackle to play on the left side then right or maybe cause he spent his time at LT in college but he looks better. He needs to add strength and think he will in the off season. I am not saying he has arrived and saying he shouldnt be pushed but the reality is he is going to be our LT next year

Martin was awful against SF. Terrible. He was good against Jacksonville. Out of fairness I am not judging him for either game, as he faced the best pass rusher in the league in his failure and first start at LT. Jacksonville collectively has less sacks then Cameron Wake and is the worst pass rushing team in the NFL. Show me against average pass rushes like Buffalo and NE.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to disagree with you sir, living in here in SF and having gone to the game i thought he held his own. Aldon himself said he thought after the sack martin was holding his own. philpin exact words were he was impressed with his play minus the sack. Granted he got rag dolled on that play but it was one play and he played against the best pass rusher in the NFL and held his own.
SUG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
SUG wrote:
Dolphinemidget wrote:
I know several people said it but dont think we resign Jake Long, and if we do I see us parting ways and gaining some draft picks for him, which means Martin goes to LT and then we need a RT, I see that as being a top 3 pick (aka we will use one of our first three picks for that)

Whoa whoa whoa !!!
Why on earth should we lower the standards of the most important OL along with our OC ???

If were gonna draft a OT for the love of Jobe do it in the 1st rnd.
Lets improve the Oline with the highest level of competition.
Let's approach it with "may the best man win the starting LT position".

Seriously, I'm not al all cool with drafting a OT that can't outplay J. Martin.
I'm not even remotely close to comfortable with him "on either side" yet

Just saying, lets not lower our standards with an "OK NCAA LT" is all.

The position is way too important.

sug
For what its worth except for the one Aldon Smith play Martin has played solid at LT so far, much better then he did at RT. I recently read in a article its easier for a finesse tackle to play on the left side then right or maybe cause he spent his time at LT in college but he looks better. He needs to add strength and think he will in the off season. I am not saying he has arrived and saying he shouldnt be pushed but the reality is he is going to be our LT next year

Martin was awful against SF. Terrible. He was good against Jacksonville. Out of fairness I am not judging him for either game, as he faced the best pass rusher in the league in his failure and first start at LT. Jacksonville collectively has less sacks then Cameron Wake and is the worst pass rushing team in the NFL. Show me against average pass rushes like Buffalo and NE.

Exactly, if one thing is clear to me regarding J. Martin it is that the jury is still out.
And I have gone on record as of early last yr saying we should have simply traded J. Long.

The case in point is that Mia needs 3 new Olinemen.
Why not start by drafting or acquiring the most important & elusive OL position ???

How can we rationally just hand over the position to J. Martin without first establishing an open competition ???

No brainer, this is about protecting our overall #1 investment by improving the OLine across the board.

sug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: