Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Can someone explain a rule to me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Can someone explain a rule to me Reply with quote

NE was running their offense so quickly that there were plays when we didn't even get set. What is the rule about how quickly a defense has to get from the old line of scrimmage to the new one after a gain is made. NE guys were running up to the line. Does that mean the defense has to run too? I'm not talking about faking injuries here, or even really dogging it. But let's say a pass play goes for 15 yards. A guy rushing the QB might then be 20 yards from the new los. Can he walk those 20 yards, or if the offense all runs up there will the ref let the play go and call the guy offsides?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Re: Can someone explain a rule to me Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
NE was running their offense so quickly that there were plays when we didn't even get set. What is the rule about how quickly a defense has to get from the old line of scrimmage to the new one after a gain is made. NE guys were running up to the line. Does that mean the defense has to run too? I'm not talking about faking injuries here, or even really dogging it. But let's say a pass play goes for 15 yards. A guy rushing the QB might then be 20 yards from the new los. Can he walk those 20 yards, or if the offense all runs up there will the ref let the play go and call the guy offsides?

Once the ball is set, it's fair game so if the defender is behind the LOS it will be a offside penalty. This happens quite a bit during the hurry up offense that takes place at the end of the half or game. Now, unfortunately for us the Patriots run that for nearly the entire game Laughing .

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the ball is set and the offensive formation is set (and legal), they can snap the ball at any time. The only time the refs will blow an offensive attempt dead is it the offense makes substitutions and doesn't give the defensive side time to complete theirs.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: