Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB Controversy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
CaptainKaep7


Joined: 11 Nov 2012
Posts: 13
Location: FootballsFuture, Ca
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Braylon Edwards ‏@OfficialBraylon
Glad kap is balling in San Fran. Cool [inappropriate/removed] dude and a lot different from your average starting QB


LaughingLaughing

Braylon, sorry Alex couldn't make you shine while you sat on a bench a whole season due to an injury.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UofMfan909


Moderator
Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 28486
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptainKaep7 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Braylon Edwards ‏@OfficialBraylon
Glad kap is balling in San Fran. Cool [inappropriate/removed] dude and a lot different from your average starting QB


LaughingLaughing

Braylon, sorry Alex couldn't make you shine while you sat on a bench a whole season due to an injury.


?

I don't see this as an attack on Alex... Braylon is probably just friends with Kaep from last season and showing some respect. He might not be Alex's biggest fan, but I don't see this as a slight at all... Braylon's a good dude.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chrissooner49er


Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Posts: 3999
Location: Tulsa, OK
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UofMfan909 wrote:
CaptainKaep7 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Braylon Edwards ‏@OfficialBraylon
Glad kap is balling in San Fran. Cool [inappropriate/removed] dude and a lot different from your average starting QB


LaughingLaughing

Braylon, sorry Alex couldn't make you shine while you sat on a bench a whole season due to an injury.


?

I don't see this as an attack on Alex... Braylon is probably just friends with Kaep from last season and showing some respect. He might not be Alex's biggest fan, but I don't see this as a slight at all... Braylon's a good dude.


He is? Okay. How about a good WR? Nope, didn't think so. That ship has sailed for him.
_________________
fa·nat·ic (f-ntk)
A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.
Draft wishes:1st-Beckham/Cooks,Fuller/Verrett;2nd-T. Murphy,Moncrief,Su'a-Filo,M. Smith;3rd-Abbrederis,Ben Gardner,J.Watkins,T. Reilly...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NinerNation21


Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 1715
Location: South Central PA
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
UofMfan909 wrote:
CaptainKaep7 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Braylon Edwards ‏@OfficialBraylon
Glad kap is balling in San Fran. Cool [inappropriate/removed] dude and a lot different from your average starting QB


LaughingLaughing

Braylon, sorry Alex couldn't make you shine while you sat on a bench a whole season due to an injury.


?

I don't see this as an attack on Alex... Braylon is probably just friends with Kaep from last season and showing some respect. He might not be Alex's biggest fan, but I don't see this as a slight at all... Braylon's a good dude.


He is? Okay. How about a good WR? Nope, didn't think so. That ship has sailed for him.


His abilities have nothing to do with this. He is a good person and hes just showing some love for a friend. Whats the problem with that? Yeah, it sucks he fell flat on his face in San Fran but just because he didnt pan out here doesnt mean he cant support former teammates.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 22644
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
UofMfan909 wrote:
CaptainKaep7 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Braylon Edwards ‏@OfficialBraylon
Glad kap is balling in San Fran. Cool [inappropriate/removed] dude and a lot different from your average starting QB


LaughingLaughing

Braylon, sorry Alex couldn't make you shine while you sat on a bench a whole season due to an injury.


?

I don't see this as an attack on Alex... Braylon is probably just friends with Kaep from last season and showing some respect. He might not be Alex's biggest fan, but I don't see this as a slight at all... Braylon's a good dude.


He is? Okay. How about a good WR? Nope, didn't think so. That ship has sailed for him.


His abilities have nothing to do with this. He is a good person and hes just showing some love for a friend. Whats the problem with that? Yeah, it sucks he fell flat on his face in San Fran but just because he didnt pan out here doesnt mean he cant support former teammates.


+1 I really like Braylon, it's too bad he's a Seahawk. I remember him having a program to help kids throughout college, even bigger that he's not getting paid nearly as much as before and he's still running it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ataal


Joined: 17 Oct 2011
Posts: 2481
Location: Avondale, Arizona
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing against his personal life and character, but I'm very glad he's a Seahawk. Horrible WR.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chrissooner49er


Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Posts: 3999
Location: Tulsa, OK
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
Nothing against his personal life and character, but I'm very glad he's a Seahawk. Horrible WR.


My point exactly.
_________________
fa·nat·ic (f-ntk)
A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.
Draft wishes:1st-Beckham/Cooks,Fuller/Verrett;2nd-T. Murphy,Moncrief,Su'a-Filo,M. Smith;3rd-Abbrederis,Ben Gardner,J.Watkins,T. Reilly...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 26277
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edwards tweet had NOTHING to do with him taking a shot at Alex Smith. He's just saying Kaepernick is different from most QBs, which he is. Kaep went after the DL on the Rams after he tried to get into his face after a 3rd down.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 13745
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
and to actually answer your rookie QB playoff wins question......


Shaun King TB 1999

Ben Roethlisberger Pit 2004

Joe Flaaco Bal 2008 with a rookie head coach

Mark Sanchez NYJ 2009

and just last year

TJ Yates HOU 2011

so............ you were saying?


Excellent knowledge! Don't know how you were able to find that so fast. Three of those five guys - Roethlisberger, Flacco and Sanchez all played pretty close to a full season. Only Yates and King played part of a season. So that would make two. So ... what I was saying, or at least implying, was that it would not be an example of bias to suggest that odds of winning a playoff game would not be good for a QB with less than a half season's worth of experience. Of course he could, and you provided examples. But why attack Rudy for his making a perfectly ordinary and reasonable statement about playoff wins for inexperienced QBs not being very likely.


The other thing i need to say is that all this talk about experience has gotten Flacco what? How about Sanchez? serving him well right now huh?

What do Dan Marino, Fran Tarkenton, Warren Moon. Rich Gannon, Dan Fouts, Donovan Mcnabb, Jim Kelly, Matt Hasselback have in common?

Tons of experience and ZERO Super Bowls so i think experienced is being a little overstated in this conversation.



The point was that you rarely win without it. I can't buy a house without money. It doesn't mean that if I have money, I automatically have a house to my name.

House = Superbowl
Money = Experience



So based on your comments, experience while it doesnt hurt to have it doesnt truly play a role in the odds of a person being successful right? Experience importance for lack of a better term is a mind set, i just dont buy into it or the idea of odds on something so broad


Take two qbs who are performing about the same (not one great one and one terrible one, but two in abut the same ballpark of performance) but where one has several years of experience and one has only a few games. Now if you think the odds of the inexperienced guy mis-reading a defense, or not making the right adjustment, or of making a "stupid mistake" are not greater than the experienced quarterback you either don't understand "odds" or you don't undertand football.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 26277
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@NFL_ATL: Aaron Rodgers: Alex Smith deserves to go someplace where he's "appreciated" next year.


Rodgers has always supported Smith even though it has been no secret he was ticked when the Niners passed him up.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adamq


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 7803
Location: Missouri
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
@NFL_ATL: Aaron Rodgers: Alex Smith deserves to go someplace where he's "appreciated" next year.


Rodgers has always supported Smith even though it has been no secret he was ticked when the Niners passed him up.


Classy guy, and I agree with him.
_________________

-kiltman

Uncle Buck wrote:
I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3720
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't know where to put this, but what do you guys envision in terms of trading Alex Smith next year? Personally I think it was a mistake to give the nod to the new guy, but what do i know....
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
neezy007


Joined: 21 May 2008
Posts: 9078
Location: El Paso
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
Didn't know where to put this, but what do you guys envision in terms of trading Alex Smith next year? Personally I think it was a mistake to give the nod to the new guy, but what do i know....


If a team trades anything for Smith I would be happy. If we get rid of him we don't owe him big $$$.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 8727
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
Didn't know where to put this, but what do you guys envision in terms of trading Alex Smith next year? Personally I think it was a mistake to give the nod to the new guy, but what do i know....

I'm hoping for a third. Smile

But I think we could get a fourth or fifth realistically. He's making a pretty low amount compared to starters around the league. I want him to go to Minnesota
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adamq


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 7803
Location: Missouri
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
Didn't know where to put this, but what do you guys envision in terms of trading Alex Smith next year? Personally I think it was a mistake to give the nod to the new guy, but what do i know....


I don't see him being traded. Everyone knows he will be cut before the roster bonuses kick in anyway.. I guess somebody could give up a late rounder to secure his services, though.
_________________

-kiltman

Uncle Buck wrote:
I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 21 of 34

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group