Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The future of the Ravens
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. X wrote:
My internship is over so I'm here to troll again...of wait...I'm just here to have everything I said in the beginning of the season and got blasted for come to fruition and now have everybody else say the same thing...

Huh. You didn't whisper in someone's ear during a meeting and become an assistant GM? Good to have you back.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Mr. X wrote:
My internship is over so I'm here to troll again...of wait...I'm just here to have everything I said in the beginning of the season and got blasted for come to fruition and now have everybody else say the same thing...

Huh. You didn't whisper in someone's ear during a meeting and become an assistant GM? Good to have you back.

Haha, complete side note. But how ticked do you think that guy was that Billy Beane was played by Brad Pitt and he was played by Jonah Hill?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Mr. X wrote:

Haha, complete side note. But how ticked do you think that guy was that Billy Beane was played by Brad Pitt and he was played by Jonah Hill?

it was actually a made up character...they combined about 5 guys into just one guy to make it easier to develop a person in a movie.

As for DontTazeMeBro's comment... lol

But honestly I do feel crappy coming back right now with me being oh so right Razz I don't want to be all in your face "I told you so" but i guess it wouldn't be my style not to so I'm going to run with it.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Mr. X wrote:

For some reason I can only see your most recent post under post history, so please do tell what it was that you were saying. For some reason I bet it wasn't quite what has "come to fruition."

I remember him blasting Newsome for the Upshaw and Osemele picks and the FFMD fiasco. That's about it. Laughing
Mr. X

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Mr. X wrote:

For some reason I can only see your most recent post under post history, so please do tell what it was that you were saying. For some reason I bet it wasn't quite what has "come to fruition."

Essentially the jist of what I said in the beginning of the year was:

- Joe Flacco has no accuracy or pocket awareness and isn't anywhere near elite, he's purely a middle of pack QB.

- The Ravens offensive line was going to be one of the worst in the league.

- They still didn't have any big weapons in the passing game. Torrey Smith can develop into a solid player but Boldin is nowhere near worth $8M with his inability to create separation.

- Why the heck did they pay Vonta Leach and Ray Rice all of this money if they intend to run a pass-heavy offense around Joe Flacco, they would have been better off paying Ben Grubbs to stay so their could be a decent offensive line.

- The defense was very devoid of talent and the depth was terrible.

- The defensive line lacks anybody worthy of being a starter after Haloti Ngata

- Courtney Upshaw would provide nothing to the pass rush (1.5 sacks this season)

- Loads of recent Round 1-3 draft busts prove that Ozzie is not invincible. (Jimmy Smith, Jah Reid, Terrence Cody, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Paul Kruger, Tavares Gooden, Tom Zbikowski) Especially considering his other misses recently (Oniel Cousins, Marcus Smith, David Hale, Justin Harper, Allen Patrick, Jason Phillips, Davon Drew, Cedric Peerman, David Reed, Arthur Jones, Ramon Harewood, Tandon Doss, Chykie Brown, Tyrod Taylor and Anthony Allen)

- John Harbaugh doesn't really do anything, he just head coaches. Last week he had a lot of influence on the offense and it was so simple and horrible it should never, ever happen again.

- and more.

I'll also say that that is just the type of fan I am...I could be a fan of the Patriots and I'll find ways to pick the team apart. But that doesn't mean I don't want all the players to succeed and the Ravens to win every single time they play.
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. X wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
Mr. X wrote:

- Joe Flacco has no accuracy or pocket awareness and isn't anywhere near elite, he's purely a middle of pack QB.

- They still didn't have any big weapons in the passing game. Torrey Smith can develop into a solid player but Boldin is nowhere near worth $8M with his inability to create separation.

- Why the heck did they pay Vonta Leach and Ray Rice all of this money if they intend to run a pass-heavy offense around Joe Flacco, they would have been better off paying Ben Grubbs to stay so their could be a decent offensive line.

- Courtney Upshaw would provide nothing to the pass rush (1.5 sacks this season)

- Loads of recent Round 1-3 draft busts prove that Ozzie is not invincible. (Jimmy Smith, Jah Reid, Terrence Cody, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Paul Kruger, Tavares Gooden, Tom Zbikowski) Especially considering his other misses recently (Oniel Cousins, Marcus Smith, David Hale, Justin Harper, Allen Patrick, Jason Phillips, Davon Drew, Cedric Peerman, David Reed, Arthur Jones, Ramon Harewood, Tandon Doss, Chykie Brown, Tyrod Taylor and Anthony Allen)

- John Harbaugh doesn't really do anything, he just head coaches. Last week he had a lot of influence on the offense and it was so simple and horrible it should never, ever happen again.

- and more.

I'll also say that that is just the type of fan I am...I could be a fan of the Patriots and I'll find ways to pick the team apart. But that doesn't mean I don't want all the players to succeed and the Ravens to win every single time they play.

Let me ask you one big one, did you think the Ravens would win the division/make the playoffs? While we're not division winners yet, I would just like to know when reading your "i told you so" statements.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Let me ask you one big one, did you think the Ravens would win the division/make the playoffs? While we're not division winners yet, I would just like to know when reading your "i told you so" statements.

Well picking them in the playoffs or not before the season is hard to do because it depends what other teams do but I said with their schedule I projected 8-8 give or take 1, so basically between 9-7 and 7-9. 9-7 certainly could be good enough to get into the playoffs, obviously. If they win at least one of their final two games then I'll say I was wrong about my projected record but it seems incredibly possible that they lose 5-straight and then a playoff game to end the season.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. X wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Mr. X wrote:

it was actually a made up character...they combined about 5 guys into just one guy to make it easier to develop a person in a movie.

But honestly I do feel crappy coming back right now with me being oh so right Razz I don't want to be all in your face "I told you so" but i guess it wouldn't be my style not to so I'm going to run with it.

Hence where Jonah Hill comes in Laughing

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Mr. X wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Mr. X wrote:

Hence where Jonah Hill comes in Laughing

Well played Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. X wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
Mr. X wrote:

- and more.

The only thing I disagree with is the drafting thing. Yeah, I agree Ozzie is human and most recently we've had pretty much nothing but busts outside of Torrey Smith, but I wouldn't consider guys like Kruger, Tyrod, or even Art Jones to be busts. Jones was a bust until this year and now he looks to be getting a lot better. Kruger obviously is pretty decent, and Tyrod was drafted to be a backup QB and has done that tremendously Very Happy

sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Mr. X wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
Mr. X wrote:

- and more.

The only thing I disagree with is the drafting thing. Yeah, I agree Ozzie is human and most recently we've had pretty much nothing but busts outside of Torrey Smith, but I wouldn't consider guys like Kruger, Tyrod, or even Art Jones to be busts. Jones was a bust until this year and now he looks to be getting a lot better. Kruger obviously is pretty decent, and Tyrod was drafted to be a backup QB and has done that tremendously Very Happy

Not sure Jones could be considered a bust prior to this season. He was a 5th round pick IIRC. Until his rookie deal is up, hard to say he's a bust. Also, if a 5th rounder becomes a solid rotational player, that's a success.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Not sure Jones could be considered a bust prior to this season. He was a 5th round pick IIRC. Until his rookie deal is up, hard to say he's a bust. Also, if a 5th rounder becomes a solid rotational player, that's a success.

Don't even bother, I remember these arguments. Notice how many 6th and 7th rounders he had on his list too? Obviously some of those picks are bona fide busts (Gooden, Zbikowski, Cousins, Hale, M. Smith) but other than that... meh. I mean seriously J. Smith, Reid, Cody, Dickson, Oher, Kruger, Jones, Harewood, and Doss are considered failures? Rolling Eyes
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

Don't even bother, I remember these arguments. Notice how many 6th and 7th rounders he had on his list too? Obviously some of those picks are bona fide busts (Gooden, Zbikowski, Cousins, Hale, M. Smith) but other than that... meh. I mean seriously J. Smith, Reid, Cody, Dickson, Oher, Kruger, Jones, Harewood, and Doss are considered failures? Rolling Eyes

Of those names, I would consider Cody and Oher failures for sure. Smith is well on his way, and who knows with Harewood.

Doss, Kruger, Reid and (maybeeeeee) Dickson all look to have actual value.

sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

I wouldn't consider Zibi a bust. He played solidly for us when Reed was injured two years ago. Got a modest 3-yr deal to follow Pagano to Indy. Wasn't a superstar, but not awful. Hmmmm, looking at it, I guess he was a bit disappointing as a 3rd round pick. Word bust is pretty strong, though. I think we would have brought him back if it weren't for the fact that 1.5M - 2M for the season was too rich for us (that's how tight our cap has been this season).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Of those names, I would consider Cody and Oher failures for sure. Smith is well on his way, and who knows with Harewood.

Doss, Kruger, Reid and (maybeeeeee) Dickson all look to have actual value.

Oher is a highly polarizing player so I can see both sides of the argument there. I think he's better as a RT or maybe even as a G but I wouldn't call him a bust. Cody kind of falls into the same category but for what he was drafted to do - take up space - he does it pretty well. We all knew what kind of player he was going to be when they drafted him. Regardless of what happens with Harewood he was a 6th round pick. I guess no GM would be a good drafter if they were evaluated on the consistency of their late-round picks becoming productive NFL players.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: