Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Green Bay Packers to release Jermichael Finley
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Miami pursue him?
Yes
78%
 78%  [ 11 ]
No
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xDD80x wrote:
Packer fan here.

Finley is the most hated Packer among fans. He flashed brilliance in 2010, but he downright does not block -often!

He's also hated for his illiterate tweets and self-indulgent celebrations. If he catches an 8 yard pass you'll often see him first do a shark-fin dance and then do a YMCA style Y-O-T-T-O. YOTTO stands for year of the takeover, which has been his thing for 3 years, oddly enough.

He's still young at 24 and runs like the wind for a guy that size but the consensus among Packer fans is that he's mentally weak.

The drops are also absolutely out of control.

EDIT: In fact, you'd be better off going after Greg Jennings, who the Packers will probably let walk with the emergence of James Jones and Randall Cobb (alongside Jordy Nelson). The guy might be the best route runner in the league and has been a top 10 WR for a number of years now.

I don't want either. No disrespect, but Finley drops more balls than anyone in the league, practically. He is an amazing mismatch for defenses, but his lack of ability to hold onto the ball is problematic. As for Jennings, he is constantly injured and so I would pass on him. He has missed 3 or more games in all but two seasons. If I had to take one, it would certainly be Jennings though. Finley would be a mistake.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anytime a receiver or tight end has a harder problem holding onto the ball than Justin Bieber holding onto Selena Gomez its a problem.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 11, Tackles 11 Assists 3 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1
Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 11 : Death 30 Joe 34
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
xDD80x wrote:
Packer fan here.

Finley is the most hated Packer among fans. He flashed brilliance in 2010, but he downright does not block -often!

He's also hated for his illiterate tweets and self-indulgent celebrations. If he catches an 8 yard pass you'll often see him first do a shark-fin dance and then do a YMCA style Y-O-T-T-O. YOTTO stands for year of the takeover, which has been his thing for 3 years, oddly enough.

He's still young at 24 and runs like the wind for a guy that size but the consensus among Packer fans is that he's mentally weak.

EDIT: In fact, you'd be better off going after Greg Jennings, who the Packers will probably let walk with the emergence of James Jones and Randall Cobb (alongside Jordy Nelson). The guy might be the best route runner in the league and has been a top 10 WR for a number of years now.

I don't want either. No disrespect, but Finley drops more balls than anyone in the league, practically. He is an amazing mismatch for defenses, but his lack of ability to hold onto the ball is problematic. As for Jennings, he is constantly injured and so I would pass on him. He has missed 3 or more games in all but two seasons. If I had to take one, it would certainly be Jennings though. Finley would be a mistake.

Look at Marshalls drops before he went to the Bears and before he came to Miami. There's no difference from another position of a player moving to another team and having success.
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami2DaMax wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
xDD80x wrote:
Packer fan here.

Look at Marshalls drops before he went to the Bears and before he came to Miami. There's no difference from another position of a player moving to another team and having success.

I've watched all of the Brandon Marshall drops in Miami. The fact is/was many of them were on bad passes or poorly placed balls. Its not a shocker that he improved by going to Chicago where the QB play is better. The difference here is, that Finley would be going from the best QB in the league (or darn near it) to a middle of the road QB. In other words, I wouldn't be shocked to see Finley's drops increase when he changes teams. Whereas Marshall's seem to have improved.
Clutch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Miami2DaMax wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
xDD80x wrote:
Packer fan here.

I've watched all of the Brandon Marshall drops in Miami. The fact is/was many of them were on bad passes or poorly placed balls. Its not a shocker that he improved by going to Chicago where the QB play is better. The difference here is, that Finley would be going from the best QB in the league (or darn near it) to a middle of the road QB. In other words, I wouldn't be shocked to see Finley's drops increase when he changes teams. Whereas Marshall's seem to have improved.

Not sure I agree Merc. Barshall had some brutal drops, like right in the hands/numbers drops.

Drops aren't great, but you can get away with it too. Look if the Pack are happy with Jones, who dropped more than his fair share, then we should look at Finley.

Tiki Barber used to be a fumbling machine, then he went like 2 years without fumbling. I am sure something can be corrected to help with that.

IF we can get Finley and Jennings it doesn't mean we don't have to draft WR/TE. In fact I would probably do both. We are along way away from being elite on the Oside of things. Getting some weapons will go along way in helping RTann and his development.

I still want Jennings, Cook, Eifert, tackle, guards, DE, CB, MLB, OLB. Is that too much to ask in one offseason.
xDD80x

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
As for Jennings, he is constantly injured and so I would pass on him. He has missed 3 or more games in all but two seasons.

That's not true.

games missed
2006 2
2007 3
2008 0
2009 0
2010 0
2011 3
2012 8

That's above average durability from an NFL WR.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xDD80x wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
As for Jennings, he is constantly injured and so I would pass on him. He has missed 3 or more games in all but two seasons.

That's not true.

games missed
2006 2
2007 3
2008 0
2009 0
2010 0
2011 3
2012 8

That's above average durability from an NFL WR.
Me personally i wouldnt be upset if we got Jennings but i prefer we didnt. As for Finley yeah he drops passes but so do alot of WR, there was a time where Nelson and especially Jones had just as many. I like finley more for that fact of his age and big play ability at a position we need in this offense. His mouth is the most concerning part for me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: