You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Proceed with Caution

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sterling61989

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Proceed with Caution Reply with quote

I know every1 is exicted about the draft and all the possible great rookies we pick up(I'm exicted to). I hear all this great talk about how we could possibly have the best Defense in the league. But lets really look at it how it should be looked at. If we do start 4 rookies on D (spears, ware,burnett,and Beriault maybe Canty if healthy) the chances of us being sucessful are very slim. The last really great rookie standout was most likely Johnathon Vilma and he was one in a million to have that great of a rookie season. And if you start 4 the likelyhood of them all having great even decent seasons is very low. So I just think we should calm down on the #1 D talk because were still not sure what all of the guys are going to bring to the table. But after saying that i hope I'm dead wrong in my thinking because i would love to see the cowboys win another super bowl. Just my opinion
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben Rothlisberger

Terrel Suggs

Roy Williams

Terrence Newman

Dominic Davis

Randy Moss

Anquan Boldin

Andre Davis

Should i keep going?

If those 6 can be 6 of the top 20 rookies we will definately have a top 10 defense

And with their supporting cast, it could happen.
thisnamesucks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunta Robinson, Chris Gamble, Julius Peppers, Jevon Kearse, Dwight Freeney.....you can list name after name of AMAZING rookies, the first year isn't the most important, it's how well they contribute long term. and remember......as many great rookies as you can name......it's hard to come up with teams that started 3/4/or 5 rookies on the same side of the ball and had a great year.....8-8 would be a good year for us

member#1877
Ware:
the lone star

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we were the #1 defense when we had Roy at SS. So moving him there should signle handedly make us a top 10 D. Plus u gotta rmr the Parcells factor. He's had MAJOR success with the 3-4 and there's no reason he shouldn't have any here in Dallas. and we aren't going to really start all 4 rookies, they're gonna be part of a GREAT rotation @ the position they play @ (maybe not FS depending on where Glenn plays). So i think our D will be a MONSTER and our O will once again be underrated. With all that said, im thinking we could see a double digit number in our win column at the end of the season.
htfryar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If people would read Parcells' and Jones' comments, they would quit pencilling in some of the rookies. Everyone just assumes that Ellis and Glover are going to be pushed aside by the rookies. Both Jones and Parcells have ssaid that bringing in the rookies will allow both Ellis and Glover to play about 20-25% less plays per game. They have never said that the rookies will be starting on the d-line, secondary or at LB.

Yes, some of the rookies will be given equal oppurtunity to win the spot. None of the rookies will be given the job with no questions asked.

My how the years have flown by.
Battlelordz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will be a part of a system.........

Our system already has great talent..........

They will imporve our system enough to make a difference........

And the FA's will also........

How far were we from being an elite D??????

Not very........

next topic.
Soup Nazi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Clayton,Terry Glenn,Anthony Henry,Sean Taylor,Nathan Vasher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sometimes we tend to forget that we do have the best coach in football.....
sportsfantex

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: aterling Reply with quote

what are you saying sterling? our defense has a nice mixture of youth and age. man right now we have a top d! the only way we could not have a good d is if we got rid of glov and ellis and singleton. man we just picked up aaron glenn. we are loaded on d! and have depth at almost every position!!!
Trojans14

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Im Reply with quote

Im pretty sure Spears will start opposite Ellis in the 4-3.

Warewolf will see a ton of action as well.
agentX16

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our front 7 wasn't as atrocious as people made it out to be last year either. We just didn't get as much of a pass rush as we should've. The big thing we needed to do to have a good D was to get some help in the secondary and we did that. The rookies were brought in mostly for pass rush and to develop to replace our older guys. We got great guys for that too.

I see a top 10 defense for sure next year. There's no excuse for them not to be. If we get 10 sacks between the rookies, then they've filled a need right there. I think we'll see more like 15 from them combined. They'll make their mistakes, but will make the D as a whole better.

The secondary was the need, the draft picks are the cherry on top IMO.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: