Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How's it going guys?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: How's it going guys? Reply with quote

I have been enjoying my NFL hiatus. Read a couple books, Life of Pi was definitely the best. Read it...or watch the movie if you aren't a big reader. More time for my wife and babies. And they don't have to deal with my screaming at the TV every Sunday! Smile

I have come to terms that Roger Goodell isn't going anywhere. And for that reason, I will continue to not support the NFL in any way, but decided that it wouldn't hurt keeping up with the Saints from the periphery. No games, no products, no NFL.com/NFL network. It may seem petty...and stupid...considering that I am one person and the NFL won't miss my business. But it has to start somewhere. If McDonalds started making the Big Mac without "special sauce" I veto McDonalds. You may think that Goodell is just doing what the owners tell him to do...but I disagree. Things were never this bad under Tag's leadership. Tag's would have never recommended getting rid of the kickoff and expanding the number of teams to participate in the playoffs. The owners might have pushed for it to increase the bottom line, but that is where the commish has to have the leadership to step back and convince the owners that this would HURT the bottom line by making the NFL less enjoyable to watch and alienating even more fans. Goodell is a HUGE part of the problem because he is allowing the greed of NFL owners compromise the product.

TBI is a huge issue. I am in the military...am a physician...and have worked on the rehab wards for our wounded warriors. If you think that NFL players have it bad...think again. Many of our service members are returning from theater as different people. But where are their lawsuits? By agreeing to enter WAR, you are agreeing to the consequences of WAR. It is absolutely no different for the NFL. The NFL players are not owed a dime. But the NFL enterprise is 100% wrong in the handling of NFL players past and present. Their delaying of workers comp benefits are despicable. And the truth is...if the NFL treated their players better they likely wouldn't be in this situation in the first place. And they do deserve to be sued AND LOSE for not processing workers comp benefits quickly.

[removed]

I am still a Saints fan...and will also be one. I just wanted to stop in to say that I miss talking Saints football with you all, and hope to be able to contribute what I can in the future.

You don't need to make this about religion - tylerdouglass
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: How's it going guys? Reply with quote

All of us have many different views on many different subjects...

While I respect your stance against the NFL and understand your logic toward it, I do also regret your abandonment of your fellow whodats!

No man left behind, remember. Yes it sucks but were all in this together. Continue your ban if you feel you need to but as a fellow Saints fan I say you are much more needed with us then away from us.

Yeah we might not always agree but we all want whats the best for this team. So put Goodell and the leauges agenda behind you, be better than they are and rejoin us here in our support of our team and fellow fans.

We need ya... we need all Saints fans!

WHODAT Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: