Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 16: VIKINGS (8-6) vs. Texans (12-2)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disaacs

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Week 16: VIKINGS (8-6) vs. Texans (12-2) Reply with quote

Game 15

at
When: 1:00 PM EST December 23rd
Where: Reliant Stadium (Houston, TX)
TV/Radio: Fox, DirecTV Ch. 706 (TV), KFAN 100.3, Sirius XM 125 & 112 (Radio)

TV Distribution Map: http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2012/wk16.html
Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Probable: RB Adrian Peterson (abdomen), OT Matt Kalil (illness), S Mistral Raymond (ankle), DE Jared Allen (shoulder), CB Marcus Sherels (quadricep), P Chris Kluwe (left knee), OT Phil Loadholt (knee), DE Everson Griffen (elbow), CB Antoine Winfield (knee), Questionable: DE Brian Robison (shoulder), Doubtful: None, Out: None

Texans - Probable: RB Tyler Clutts (abdomen), LB Barrett Ruud (knee), LB Darryl Sharpton (toe), LB Brooks Reed (groin), LB Bryan Braman (knee), DT Shaun Cody (back), DE Jared Crick (neck), TE Owen Daniels (hamstring), LB Tim Dobbins (shoulder/thumb), RB Justin Forsett (knee), CB Johnathan Joseph (groin), T Derek Newton (knee), SS Glover Quin (hip), G Wade Smith (knee/ribs), DE Antonio Smith (ankle), RB Ben Tate (hamstring/foot), QB TJ Yates (right elbow), Questionable: None, Doubtful: DB Alan Ball (foot), Out: None

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Thx to Uncle Buck!

Last edited by disaacs on Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be a tough test, especially for the defense. The Texans have an offense that is capable of playing any type of game they want. Defending the ZBS scares me a bit.

I expect Peterson to be productive, MN will only have a chance in this game if Peterson can put up 150+ and have a few big runs.

Peterson will have lots of family and friends at this game with two games from a record, he will be pumped!
[UMN]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they stunt JJ Watt inside it is going to be a long game. I think Kalil will be able to handle him on the edge, but if he gets inside against Johnson it is all over.

Ponder needs to play a mistake free game and convert some 3rd downs for the Vikings to have a shot at this one. The defense also needs to show up and at least contain Andre Johnson.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
If they stunt JJ Watt inside it is going to be a long game. I think Kalil will be able to handle him on the edge, but if he gets inside against Johnson it is all over.

Ponder needs to play a mistake free game and convert some 3rd downs for the Vikings to have a shot at this one. The defense also needs to show up and at least contain Andre Johnson.

JJ Watt largely plays on the left side, so he will be going up against Loadholt most often. I like Watt vs Loadholt. Loadholt does well against big, physical players but struggles against quick guys. Though Fusco will likely be helping out a ton, and same with the TE.

Kalil will have Antonio Smith.

Last edited by vikingsrule on Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect Houston to stack the box and try to foce Ponder to beat us, with how AP is playing, he could destroy us still

Hopefully Watt and company can do some damage

Our offense started clicking late in this game, it has been a few weeks since we seen them play well, hopefully that continues into next week
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys i really need some help. I live in San Antonio, TX, and i want to attend my first Viking game. First NFL game.

How do i go about getting tickets and finding parking so i can drive to Houston sunday morning and see the game?

Thanks guys!

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
skywindO2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
I expect Houston to stack the box and try to foce Ponder to beat us

I think I've read this before... Laughing

I don't have much in aspirations for a win here. Houston is too good and despite locking up their division, still has something to play for with Denver and New England still sitting right behind them.

Just hoping AP can rush for at least 150+. Very Happy

So disappointed in when this game is scheduled. A friend and I have been meaning to go to an away game, when we saw opponents this year, Houston is the one we wanted to go to, but no way were we going to pay the late late December premium for airfare.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Last edited by skywindO2 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric dunn wrote:
Guys i really need some help. I live in San Antonio, TX, and i want to attend my first Viking game. First NFL game.

How do i go about getting tickets and finding parking so i can drive to Houston sunday morning and see the game?

Thanks guys!

[DELETED BY MOD - No links to other forums can be posted for any reason]

Go that site and ask them, they usually have extra tickets they sell, and are VERY nice to opponents fans....also try stubhub
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
I expect Houston to stack the box and try to foce Ponder to beat us,

that would be novel, no one's ever tried that before.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
I expect Houston to stack the box and try to foce Ponder to beat us,

that would be novel, no one's ever tried that before.

Peterson has said that he prefers it when teams stack the box. Because then he knows all that he has to do is break 1 or 2 tackles, get past that first line of defense, then he's gone.

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Eric dunn wrote:

Thanks guys!

Go that site and ask them, they usually have extra tickets they sell, and are VERY nice to opponents fans....also try stubhub

Thanks alot! Really appreciate it.

#TEDDYTHEVIKING

Last edited by Eric dunn on Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric dunn wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Eric dunn wrote:

Thanks guys!

One more question, http://www.stubhub.com/houston-texans-tickets/texans-vs-vikings-reliant-stadium-4077069/?ticket_id=479076001. If you click on that link, those are the tickets i want. It says quanity 2, but i was planning on going alone. And also is it 350$ for both seats or just one?

If it says qty 2, thats how many are there, and the price is PER TICKET, which level do you want to sit in and whats your price range???

My wife and I flew in from Wi when Houston beat Baltimore this season and we sat in level 634, upper deck, but center field and the view was AMAZING. Cheaper seats but great experience.

And Vike Daddy, Laughing but seriously we better drum up something intense to stop AP or we're doomed
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Eric dunn wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Eric dunn wrote:

Thanks guys!

One more question, http://www.stubhub.com/houston-texans-tickets/texans-vs-vikings-reliant-stadium-4077069/?ticket_id=479076001. If you click on that link, those are the tickets i want. It says quanity 2, but i was planning on going alone. And also is it 350$ for both seats or just one?

If it says qty 2, thats how many are there, and the price is PER TICKET, which level do you want to sit in and whats your price range???

My wife and I flew in from Wi when Houston beat Baltimore this season and we sat in level 634, upper deck, but center field and the view was AMAZING. Cheaper seats but great experience.

And Vike Daddy, Laughing but seriously we better drum up something intense to stop AP or we're doomed

Well my price range is about 400$. But i just want some good seats that i can see whats going on, nothing out of this world. Any suggestions on what row would be best?

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
HighHopes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need to control the clock. It's hard if not impossible to stop AD as it seems to be a matter of time, but while we can produce points thanks to that, we need to eat up clock even if it ends in a punt or FG. And that quite a bit on Ponder. The defense generally also has quite a few good drives then just gets beat, limit that and we can win.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could easily see a combined 400 yards rushing in this game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 1 of 37

Jump to: