Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sean Payton reinstatement talks begin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Sean Payton reinstatement talks begin Reply with quote

Quote:
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has begun preliminary dialogue with suspended New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton regarding his eventual reinstatement.

Goodell also did not eliminate the possibility of Payton rejoining the franchise before the Super Bowl. Payton would like an adjustment on the suspension so it would end at the conclusion of the regular season as opposed to after the Super Bowl, a source close the coach suggests.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8741588/roger-goodell-begins-reinstatement-talks-new-orleans-saints-coach-sean-payton

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger trying to get some of the heat off of him before the Super Bowl? Even the powerful NFL knows the Saints are garbage Laughing. Just reinstate the man after the Super Bowl already.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lifeinthaboot wrote:
Roger trying to get some of the heat off of him before the Super Bowl? Even the powerful NFL knows the Saints are garbage Laughing. Just reinstate the man after the Super Bowl already.

I think they're trying to allow him to figure out a new contract before the Super Bowl reinstatement.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
lifeinthaboot wrote:

I think they're trying to allow him to figure out a new contract before the Super Bowl reinstatement.

I think Payton wants it so that he can start working on contract renegotiations, making cuts and decisions with coaches, and building a draft big board for what he saw as weaknesses as well.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^most logical scenario

^NS922 on the sig^
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
lifeinthaboot wrote:

I think Payton wants it so that he can start working on contract renegotiations, making cuts and decisions with coaches, and building a draft big board for what he saw as weaknesses as well.

Sean Payton leaving to coach anywhere but in New Orleans would take Goodells Nawlins PR nightmare to a whole new level... My opinion is that Goodell will allow Payton back after the regular season has ended but under the terms that Payton and the Saints agree to a long-term contract extention first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
lifeinthaboot wrote:

I know that's what he wants, I was looking at it from Goodell's perspective. I wouldn't be at all surprised if his reinstatement only allows him to negotiate his contract.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: