Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Draft

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: The Draft Reply with quote

Soooooo, what position are we going for in the draft? We don't really have many glaring needs, so we can just add some young, raw talent.

I'm really hoping somehow Dion Jordan falls to us Pray

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll be most intersted in seeing who we pick on Day 2 considering the track record.

It's tough to tell right now without knowing who we'll re-sign, who we'll let go and who we'll sign in Free Agency but I would say that barring any unexpected roster moves I would hope we address:
WR
OL (RT - I think we can do better than Breno or at least competition)
DT (It'll be interesting to see what we do with Jones and Branch)
LB (LeRoy Hill's farewell?)
CB (Mostly as depth and ST as well as replacing Trufant if he isn't around)
And lastly - I think it'd be interesting to add a dynamic weapon in the running game. Someone like we thought LeMichael James was last year although he hasn't gotten to see the field. Lynch and Turbin are great but sort of the same player and I think we can find a younger version of Leon Washington. Sort of a Darren Sproles, Jacquizz Rodgers type player.

That's sort of what I've been thinking about - it's early to tell but obviously QB, Safety and RB are set in stone. Most of our O-Line has been great although not always healthy. I wonder if we'll add another Tight End or if the team is happy with McCoy, Morrah and Moore competing for snaps behind Miller and/or selecting a guy to compete with Miller for snaps as a more dynamic pass catcher.

I haven't really started my draft reseach as it's still regular season time but there's a lot of Wide Receivers I like in this draft which is good for us and some really good DTs so we'll see what happens.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
Boom!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More pass rushers.

Legion of Boom!
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like we could really use a hybrid OLB/DE, much like Julian Peterson was.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to focus on WR's, we'll probably have to move up to get one of them, but we need another playmaker badly. Imagine Rice and Hunter/Allen on the outside, with Baldwin/Tate in the slot. Dat offense would be ridiculous.

IDOG_det

#JDI
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:
We need to focus on WR's, we'll probably have to move up to get one of them, but we need another playmaker badly. Imagine Rice and Hunter/Allen on the outside, with Baldwin/Tate in the slot. Dat offense would be ridiculous.
I don't think tate does well in the slot. He's been outside all season and has produced. Pretty sure last season he was in the slot and gave up on most routes and just didn't try(mostly because t-jack can't go through reads.) He wants to play on the outside and I think he can only get better the more he stays out there.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
TheDudeAbides

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All things being equal...

By need, not so much round - as it's SO dependent upon who's available at our pick, who's willing to trade with us to move up/down (see 2012 first round, heh), FA signings, etc.

1. OL (LG/RT - I'm about ready to cut our losses on Carp/Giacomini)
2. DT
3. WR
(gap in urgencyA)
4. LB
5. CB depth

BPA after that works for me.

TommyC376 on the Sig
union hawk fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think our most important need is a pass rushing D tackle, really hoping Richardson falls to us in the first round. I think the O line will get better the longer that they play together. I'm intrigued by Dion Jordan, can he cover at all? Would love to have a Julian Peterson type of player on the hawks defense but I haven't seen enough of Jordan to have an opinion on him one way or the other.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need a WR i would like to get a RT but i think Cable loves Giacomini (SP?) so i don't see him getting replaced.
animaltested

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we are in a BPA position. Why? Well we dont have any glaring issues, in thta we are soild to good at every position. That being said , we could use a playmaker at just about every position other than QB. I wouldn t be against grabbing another safety or corner early.

Quote:
If you don't care for obscenity, you don't care for the truth; if you don't care for the truth, watch how you vote.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

animaltested wrote:
I think we are in a BPA position. Why? Well we dont have any glaring issues, in thta we are soild to good at every position. That being said , we could use a playmaker at just about every position other than QB. I wouldn t be against grabbing another safety or corner early.

I don't know if we should go Safety early having Kam and Earl unless we plan on moving him to a different position.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
animaltested wrote:

I don't know if we should go Safety early having Kam and Earl unless we plan on moving him to a different position.

I remember last year I saw a few people mocking a safety to us early and the though process was that you could run a lot of different defensive looks if you had Earl, Kam and say Eric Reid or TJ Jefferson. You could have some early down looks with Kam closer to the line and covering an athletic tight end. You could have some looks where Earl slides into the slot to cover a receiver. You could have some 3-deep looks with all of them in the backfield.

You could do quite a bit considering the versatility of Kam and Earl and the pass-happy offense and uber-athletic tight ends - it's not crazy to think about having three safeties like that. I think we have other positions to address but I'm just saying it's not crazy. I'd like to see us add some pieces on offense to help Russell Wilson out but I won't be mad if we go safety early.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

union hawk fan wrote:
I think our most important need is a pass rushing D tackle, really hoping Richardson falls to us in the first round. I think the O line will get better the longer that they play together. I'm intrigued by Dion Jordan, can he cover at all? Would love to have a Julian Peterson type of player on the hawks defense but I haven't seen enough of Jordan to have an opinion on him one way or the other.

He's the most athletic player in the draft. He's played WR, CB, LB, DE, and safety I think. I just think there so much potential for him if he comes to Seattle because I know Carroll would utilize him in a variety of different situations.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We already have a draft thread and it was still on the first page guys. Please look around the first page before you post a topic

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: