Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Thanks alot Shiancoe....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Giov41

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Thanks alot Shiancoe.... Reply with quote

Too many times I have seen the potential careers of young QBs never pan out because of a few unfortunate plays. Take Drew Stanton for example. Guy throws a few picks, and before ya know it, he's doing talk radio.

Ryan Mallett goes into the game against Houston, Pats up big. "Let him throw it coach!", I yell at the screen after 4 consecutive hand-offs.

He throws an absolute strike to Shiancoe, who pops it into the air where it's intercepted....

Instead of the kid throwin a first down on third down, movin the chains, and building some confidence, the kid throws a pick, and Houston scores its second TD....

Where do youthink Ryan Mallett will end up down the line? Think He'll make it big? Think Shiancoe's incompletion is part of the reason the TE got released?

"When you win say little, when you lose say less." - Bill Belichick
Donut

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks alot Shiancoe.... Reply with quote

Giov41 wrote:
Too many times I have seen the potential careers of young QBs never pan out because of a few unfortunate plays. Take Drew Stanton for example. Guy throws a few picks, and before ya know it, he's doing talk radio.

Ryan Mallett goes into the game against Houston, Pats up big. "Let him throw it coach!", I yell at the screen after 4 consecutive hand-offs.

He throws an absolute strike to Shiancoe, who pops it into the air where it's intercepted....

Instead of the kid throwin a first down on third down, movin the chains, and building some confidence, the kid throws a pick, and Houston scores its second TD....

Where do youthink Ryan Mallett will end up down the line? Think He'll make it big? Think Shiancoe's incompletion is part of the reason the TE got released?

I dont know where Mallett will be down the road. We'll see on that. On Shiancoes release it definitely had to do w/ the dropped pick. You only get so many opportunities in NFL to make plays. You're currently the 4th TE w/ a star TE coming back knocking you down to the depth chart and you have a chance on the field and you mess up you're gone. He was given opportunity there and failed.
Nihc

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

2014 Adopt-a-Patriot - Dominique Easley
Tackles: 0 | Sacks: 0 | QB Hits: 0 | TFL: 0 | Fumble Recoveries: 0
terbo559

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiancoe never had good hands in his career. He's always been more of a body catcher. Malletts throw was right to his body, but it just bounced off before Shiancoe could grab it. I can see why no other team wanted Shiancoe because it looks like he is ready to retire.

Too early to predicts Malletts future, but I'm sure one interception isn't going to do anything to him because he is just a backup who doesn't have a whole lot of expectations to be a starter anytime soon.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihc wrote:

Laughing
I <3 this Alot

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
Sciz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really see how the actual outcome of the play changes anything with respect to Mallett other than his stats. It was a good throw that should have been caught, and he deserves credit for it.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
I don't really see how the actual outcome of the play changes anything with respect to Mallett other than his stats. It was a good throw that should have been caught, and he deserves credit for it.

Showed off his absolute cannon of an arm, if balls are coming at that pace all the time, it could turn into a negative as not even our WR's could catch them, let alone DB's.

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Catches: 4
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Sciz wrote:

Showed off his absolute cannon of an arm, if balls are coming at that pace all the time, it could turn into a negative as not even our WR's could catch them, let alone DB's.

Have you seen how hard Brady throws?
TomRalph

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
Sciz wrote:

Never...

That throw from Mallett was harder than Brady's throws though.

mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
Sciz wrote:

Never...

Brady throws harder than just about any QB I've ever seen - especially on the short stuff.

I'm not worried at all (and nor should anyone else be) about how hard Mallett throws.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
Sciz wrote:

Never...

Brady throws harder than just about any QB I've ever seen - especially on the short stuff.

I'm not worried at all (and nor should anyone else be) about how hard Mallett throws.

Oh yeah, that WR's not being able to catch was just an exaggeration, but I was taken aback by how that throw moved by Mallett, perhaps it's just expectation of Brady that I don't really notice how hard he throws.

ausbacker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiancoe should have caught that ball. There's not much else to be said. Mallett made a perfect read and throw.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: