Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mel Kiper Jr's first mock draft has us drafting...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
don4593

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Mel Kiper Jr's first mock draft has us drafting... Reply with quote

Manti Te'o.

Take it for what it is. Mel Kiper is historically inaccurate this time of the year. What we see in his first round mock draft now will change significantly. Some guys will shoot up, some won't even be drafted, so there are no certainties

Thanks to Pick6_Finnegan for the sig
TommyC376

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy. I love Te'o (not only because I am an Irish fan too)

Also I read here that Kiper thinks that Mike Glennon could be the first QB taken in this draft. Yes that's right Mike Glennon.

Kiper also thinks that Matt Barkley could fall to the 2nd round.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Mel Kiper Jr's first mock draft has us drafting... Reply with quote

don4593 wrote:
Manti Te'o.

Take it for what it is. Mel Kiper is historically inaccurate this time of the year. What we see in his first round mock draft now will change significantly. Some guys will shoot up, some won't even be drafted, so there are no certainties
This time of year everyone is inaccurate. However I love his final couple mocks as they are pretty dang good about placing guys.

Sig bet
don4593

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After all the Senior Bowl's and combines is really start seperating players. Kiper routinely puts the stats guy high on his list (Cody Pickett, Colt Brennan, Chase Daniels, Graham Harrel) before the combine and senior bowls reveal aspects of their game that aren't really shown during the game film because, as you know, a coach's job is to highlight a player's strengths, not weaknesses.

BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Glennon may have best tool set in draft, so he could rise.. He is one to watch at combine..

As for Te'o I'm good with that ..
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be shocked if whens its all said and done Glennon isn't a top 15 pick. As for us taking Teo, i am not sure it happens, because Shep has come on at the end of this season and I'm not sure which of these guys we could move outside.

I expect us to take QB/CB/WR in the 1st.
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was watching ESPN today and McShay had his mock out and both guys were saying how the first QB they each had was around the 20 mark.

As for the hype Mike Glennon is getting I want nothing to do with this guy. He may look the part and have the skill set, but when it comes to game play he just does nothing to wow you. He isnt all that accurate and playing in the ACC he should have been much more dominate. My brother having gone to NC State I followed them quite a bit and he just doesnt have that IT Factor when it comes to game day. Yes he beat FSU but FSU basically handed them that game if any of you watched it. Out of the QBs this year he would be 5th at best for me.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is todd mcshays not Mel kiper Jr two different people.

I dont like this overall mock draft, not the selection. Monte Te'o would be a good selection but I dont see him being there plus he has Jarvis Jones available when the bills pick and he is a better fit for the bills.

The bills have Kelvin Sheppard as MLB which he has been ok. I think if this scenario happened then I would want the bills to select Jones and have bradham, sheppard and jones as the starting LBs young and talented. He reminds me alot like Von Miller

Not one Qb is worthy of getting selected 1st round when the bills are on the clock and the 2nd biggest need is Lb so the position is perfect for them.

Trent you expect QB/CB/WR however as of right now, there isnt a qb that is worthy Geno smith and matt barkley are said to be the Qbs in first. Geno will be taken and Barkley has a weak arm like fitz so you can take QB out of the equation. Bills are taking in the top 15 thats a fact and only 2 WR stand out however like the qb situation none are worthy of being selected this early. CB will not be taken bills drafted Aaron williams 2nd rd in 2011 and Stephen Gilmore 1st rd in 2012. I dont see spending another high pick on a CB. Also the only CB that has proven to be top 15 talent is Milliner from Bama.

I expect defense and it to be either DE or LB.

Thanks Max
don4593

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIKEJWN wrote:
I was watching ESPN today and McShay had his mock out and both guys were saying how the first QB they each had was around the 20 mark.

As for the hype Mike Glennon is getting I want nothing to do with this guy. He may look the part and have the skill set, but when it comes to game play he just does nothing to wow you. He isnt all that accurate and playing in the ACC he should have been much more dominate. My brother having gone to NC State I followed them quite a bit and he just doesnt have that IT Factor when it comes to game day. Yes he beat FSU but FSU basically handed them that game if any of you watched it. Out of the QBs this year he would be 5th at best for me.

I havent watched a ton of Glennon but his situation seems similiar to that of Matt Ryan...not that they are the same player, but both are mechanically sound decent arms, but the talent around them is miserable and forced to make risky decisions. Could throw in Jake Locker at Washington here as another example, too

Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
This is todd mcshays not Mel kiper Jr two different people.

I dont like this overall mock draft, not the selection. Monte Te'o would be a good selection but I dont see him being there plus he has Jarvis Jones available when the bills pick and he is a better fit for the bills.

The bills have Kelvin Sheppard as MLB which he has been ok. I think if this scenario happened then I would want the bills to select Jones and have bradham, sheppard and jones as the starting LBs young and talented. He reminds me alot like Von Miller

Not one Qb is worthy of getting selected 1st round when the bills are on the clock and the 2nd biggest need is Lb so the position is perfect for them.

Trent you expect QB/CB/WR however as of right now, there isnt a qb that is worthy Geno smith and matt barkley are said to be the Qbs in first. Geno will be taken and Barkley has a weak arm like fitz so you can take QB out of the equation. Bills are taking in the top 15 thats a fact and only 2 WR stand out however like the qb situation none are worthy of being selected this early. CB will not be taken bills drafted Aaron williams 2nd rd in 2011 and Stephen Gilmore 1st rd in 2012. I dont see spending another high pick on a CB. Also the only CB that has proven to be top 15 talent is Milliner from Bama.

I expect defense and it to be either DE or LB.

You may not feel a QB is worthy, but other teams will and if a team deems someone a franchise QB then they will draft him before he is "suppose" to go. Buddy Nix said himself, if there is a QB you like in round 3, you better take him in round 2.

Mark my words, Wilson, Smith and Glennon will be 1st round picks.
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don4593 wrote:
NIKEJWN wrote:

I havent watched a ton of Glennon but his situation seems similiar to that of Matt Ryan...not that they are the same player, but both are mechanically sound decent arms, but the talent around them is miserable and forced to make risky decisions. Could throw in Jake Locker at Washington here as another example, too

I have heard that comparision too and Ryan had so much more success at the position than Glennon did in the ACC. I know NC State didnt have the greatest of weapons but he did have TJ Graham last year and he has had some decent option this year very similar to what Ryan had at BC. I get the reasoning behind him rising, but I just dont like him what so ever. I think a lot will tell in his Bowl game and his Senior Bowl performance. I think Chan if he is still here which it looks like wants a little more mobile of a QB and Glennon is just not that.

CB Drayton Florence
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Geno Smith is the only QB he has going in the first. Would give us a lot of options in the 2nd.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the weakest Qb class in a while. Nix hasnt reached on a qb yet and i dont see him doing it this year. They could have gone for a qb when they had the 3rd over all pick and they didnt so I dont see them doing it unless geno falls to them. The bills cannot reach for a qb thats the worst thing a team can do. The 1st rd pick is important and Nix has done a good job on them so far. I expect a defensive player being picked either a LB or DE for depth and future. DE will be a need I see kelsey getting cut because he is due a lot of money and isnt worth it. Drafting a guy like Werner from FSU in the 1st rd would be a good selection if a LB like Te'o or Jones is already gone. I rather have value then reach for a player who could easily be had in the 2nd rd.

Thanks Max
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
This is the weakest Qb class in a while. Nix hasnt reached on a qb yet and i dont see him doing it this year. They could have gone for a qb when they had the 3rd over all pick and they didnt so I dont see them doing it unless geno falls to them. The bills cannot reach for a qb thats the worst thing a team can do. The 1st rd pick is important and Nix has done a good job on them so far. I expect a defensive player being picked either a LB or DE for depth and future. DE will be a need I see kelsey getting cut because he is due a lot of money and isnt worth it. Drafting a guy like Werner from FSU in the 1st rd would be a good selection if a LB like Te'o or Jones is already gone. I rather have value then reach for a player who could easily be had in the 2nd rd.

I completely agree with this. Defense needs to be addressed in rd 1 or QB. I think Werner is going to have a great NFL career. Watched a lot of him as an FSU fan he is always around the play, might not have the sack numbers you would expect, but he is a high motor guy add him to what we have on the line would fit in real nice. I would also consider CB again pending on what we do in free agency. Millner and Gilmore would be a nice duo there for a long time to come.

CB Drayton Florence
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a fan of Glennon. Don't think he'll go first but he is someone I will keep an eye on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: