Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bill Sheridan, DC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Especially on 3rd and mediums..they Tick me off the most. I can't even count the number of 3rd and 5's where their guy catches it 8 yards downfield wide open, while all our guys are 20 yards downfield.

YES THIS! THIS IS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT! ITS 3rd and 5 and we are playing soft, with CB's 9 yards deep. THATS SCHEME, not PLAYERS....

haha my bad, but I was yelling at the computer too Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe there are a couple of reasons Sheridan is on thin ice. First and foremost he clearly wasn't the top choice. Reports came out that Dan Quinn was offered the job, but turned it down. He might not have been the 2nd or 3rd choice.

On the positive ledger, yes they are first against the rush. However, they are still 29th in yards given up, so certainly offenses are having no problem moving the ball. Scoring defense is 19th, which is below average.

I really appreciate the culture Coach Schiano has created with accountability. If we all talk about the benefits of upgrading talent thru free agency when it comes to the roster, why shouldn't the same apply when it comes to coaches? For example, I wonder how much Butch wants to stay in the press box if he doesn't get a head coaching job, which is looking less likely right now? Is Ron Rivera a better d-coordinator then Sheridan if Carolina let's him go? His resume sure looks a lot better. In San Diego, John Pagano and Ron Meeks will probably be looking for work.

I'm just pointing out former defensive coordinators who probably looking at it objectively have a better resume then the current DC. Honestly, Sheridan's performance as the defensive coordinator has been okay, much in the same manner that Biggers has been at CB - okay.
5nick5

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
I believe there are a couple of reasons Sheridan is on thin ice. First and foremost he clearly wasn't the top choice. Reports came out that Dan Quinn was offered the job, but turned it down. He might not have been the 2nd or 3rd choice.

On the positive ledger, yes they are first against the rush. However, they are still 29th in yards given up, so certainly offenses are having no problem moving the ball. Scoring defense is 19th, which is below average.

I really appreciate the culture Coach Schiano has created with accountability. If we all talk about the benefits of upgrading talent thru free agency when it comes to the roster, why shouldn't the same apply when it comes to coaches? For example, I wonder how much Butch wants to stay in the press box if he doesn't get a head coaching job, which is looking less likely right now? Is Ron Rivera a better d-coordinator then Sheridan if Carolina let's him go? His resume sure looks a lot better. In San Diego, John Pagano and Ron Meeks will probably be looking for work.

I'm just pointing out former defensive coordinators who probably looking at it objectively have a better resume then the current DC. Honestly, Sheridan's performance as the defensive coordinator has been okay, much in the same manner that Biggers has been at CB - okay.

Ron Rivera had some great defenses in San Diego. If he does get fired, he would be a great pickup for us.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

Ron Rivera had some great defenses in San Diego. If he does get fired, he would be a great pickup for us.

If i remember correctly Ron runs a 3-4 and the same with San Diegos current DC. Not sure if they would be my top choices if that's the style they feel most comfortable with.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

If i remember correctly Ron runs a 3-4 and the same with San Diegos current DC. Not sure if they would be my top choices if that's the style they feel most comfortable with.

Actually Ron Rivera has experience in both 3-4 and 4-3, dating back to his Chicago days.

But I think Carolina gives him another year to add talent and progress Newton.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

Actually Ron Rivera has experience in both 3-4 and 4-3, dating back to his Chicago days.

he has both...I dont think there is a way that Rivera stays. He has had the panthers leading or tied in like 85% of his games, they have lost like 16 of 21 fourth quarter leads...

I think Carolina with a NEW GM, goes and gets a guy he likes. Im thinking that some SF coaching and FO is coming out to Carolina

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

I think it'd be wise to keep Rivera around, but they'll probably let him go. If they do let him go, we better jump on the opportunity.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: