Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Toilet Bowl: Detroit Lions at Arizona Cardinals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeremyB80

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOYER ERA starts sunday!

LOL i just hope cj does good so my playoff chances improve

Amazing thank you going to MoJo122-b-21 for this sick signature!!!
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cardinals | Brian Hoyer not expected to play
Tue, 11 Dec 2012 15:58:08 -0800

Arizona Cardinals QB Brian Hoyer is unlikely to be ready to play in Week 15 against the Detroit Lions. However, Arizona could attempt to have him ready to start the team's final two games of the season. Head coach Ken Whisenhunt has yet to decide which quarterback will start against the Lions.

0 Comments | Source: AZCardinals.com - Darren Urban | Share:
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lessor of all evils in this game for me is to go with Lindley, in fact I never would have gone back to Skelton. Ride the kid, he made a couple of nice throws on Sunday. A big time, on a rope throw on a deep comeback to Floyd. His first throw of the game when he reads the entire field then comes back to Housler on the far side of the field. There are flashes that I never remember seeing from Skelton. I remember seeing Skelton hitting wide open receivers, but I never remember seeing him making reads, making progressions, he was a see the throw make the throw kind of QB and the NFL game is just too quick for that.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers coordinator Vic Fangio stated point blank last season that Skelton never reads the defense. I'll pull the link back up if I get a chance here.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
49ers coordinator Vic Fangio stated point blank last season that Skelton never reads the defense. I'll pull the link back up if I get a chance here.

I read it last year and remember well. It was a joke to them. They didn't even have to blitz. The 49er's won that game before it even started.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

I read it last year and remember well. It was a joke to them. They didn't even have to blitz. The 49er's won that game before it even started.

They blitzed us quite a bit, which is where the quote came from. Somebody asked why he was running all the jail break blitzes, wouldn'[t Skelton figure it out? He just said, "Well he never reads the defense anyway" or something to that general affect.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck guys. Fighting with you guys for draft position at this point. I bet we can lose better.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lindley to start. Correct Decision. Hoyer not ready. Do not be surprised if Hoyer gets the nod vs Chicago/SF with another stinker.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel for you guys. This is what the 2008 season was like for the Bengals. Starter goes out, and now i'm rooting for Ryan Fitzpatrick to show something. When he didn't, i was rooting for Jordan Palmer. Goodness that season was a mess.

I just hope for your guys' sake that Hoyer doesn't fool you into making him the starter next season (if he starts next week or the final week).

Good luck.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
I feel for you guys. This is what the 2008 season was like for the Bengals. Starter goes out, and now i'm rooting for Ryan Fitzpatrick to show something. When he didn't, i was rooting for Jordan Palmer. Goodness that season was a mess.

I just hope for your guys' sake that Hoyer doesn't fool you into making him the starter next season (if he starts next week or the final week).

Good luck.

Thanks for the kind words. Don't get it twisted, none of these quarterbacks are likely starters next year. My guess is 2/3s won't be on the roster.

Lindley may be the only one.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Jay Feely vs. Jason Hanson

Ndamukong Suh vs. Scott Wedige

Scott Wedige will OWN "Donkey-Kong" Suh- he'll give him his patented Wedige Wedgie!

Arizona 24- Detroit 16.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Lindley to start. Correct Decision. Hoyer not ready. Do not be surprised if Hoyer gets the nod vs Chicago/SF with another stinker.

Ok. I was wrong. Kick me in the sack now. We lose.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

They blitzed us quite a bit, which is where the quote came from. Somebody asked why he was running all the jail break blitzes, wouldn'[t Skelton figure it out? He just said, "Well he never reads the defense anyway" or something to that general affect.

OK my bad memory confused me. I remember him saying this though and he was right.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

OK my bad memory confused me. I remember him saying this though and he was right.

No, your memory serves you correct. I just found the quote and you're right we didn't blitz much in that game. Fangio didn't blitz much at all and when asked by one of the 49ers best beat writers why he not only didn't blitz but sat back and never disguised his coverages, the answer came "Well he's not reading the coverages anyway".

Sorry #1Cards, you were right all along.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

No, your memory serves you correct. I just found the quote and you're right we didn't blitz much in that game. Fangio didn't blitz much at all and when asked by one of the 49ers best beat writers why he not only didn't blitz but sat back and never disguised his coverages, the answer came "Well he's not reading the coverages anyway".

Sorry #1Cards, you were right all along.

It's all good but the point remains. It was a joke to them and they basically won without trying.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 2 of 17

Jump to: