Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KK's (Cam's GONE) 2013 Baltimore Ravens Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: KK's (Cam's GONE) 2013 Baltimore Ravens Mock Reply with quote

Round 1: Terrance Williams WR, Baylor

Analysis:
Quote:
Williams looks the part with a lengthy frame and vertical speed to create separation downfield, showing excellent footwork along the sideline. He is a tough runner, flashing the creative ability to make something happen with the ball in his hands. Williams isn't on the same level as Kendall Wright as a pro prospect, but he might be able to do what Wright didn't last April and be the first senior receiver drafted in 2013.
-Dane Brugler

Round 2: Khaled Holmes C, USC

Analysis:
Quote:
The wide-bodied Holmes projects nicely at any of the three interior positions in the NFL. He's quick off the snap, demonstrating the burst and agility to handle combo blocking, though he can be beaten to the point when asked to pull. He is powerful at the point of attack, showing good upper and lower body strength to get push in short yardage situations, making him an ideal candidate for a power-based scheme.
-Rob Rang

Round 3: Jonathan Bostic ILB, Florida

Analysis:
Quote:
Appeared in 38 games, making 19 starts…Leads all current Gators with 169 total tackles, and has 12.5 TFL, 4.5 sacks, five pass breakups, three interceptions and a forced fumble.

Round 4: Margus Hunt DE, SMU

Analysis:
Quote:
Named the No. 1 athletic "freak" in college football by CBSSports.com

Round 5: Michael Buchanan OLB, Illinois

Analysis:
Quote:
Buchanan has a tall, long frame and uses his length effectively to keep linemen from his body before ripping past the initial block. He moves well laterally and has the foot athleticism to play in space and close quickly in pursuit. Buchanan doesn't have elite bulk and lacks the body type to add much more muscle and will be labeled by some teams as a hybrid player, but he has the skill-set to lead the conference in sacks as a senior and boost his draft stock.
-Dane Brugler

Round 6: Kenny Tate OLB, Maryland

Analysis:
Quote:
Tate is a smart player with a versatile skill-set to line up all over the field, but is an inconsistent tackler and lacks the strength to routinely disengage blocks. Tate is a Taylor Mays-like defender because of his athletic ability and range, but is an undisciplined football player and might be an athlete without a natural position for the next level. Nonetheless, he has the physical skill-set and chase skills to be a top-100 draft pick, if healthy.
-Dane Brugler

Round 7: Manase Foketi OT, Kansas State

Analysis:
Quote:
Foketi has a stout, lengthy frame with aggressive hand use and the ability to handle speed rushers. He needs to clean up his fundamentals, but the raw skills are there for him to make a pro roster.
-Dane Brugler

LET ME KNOW WASSUP! Cool

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrance Williams is a fantastic pick but he is going top 10. Absolute lowest I can see is top 15.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Terrance Williams is a fantastic pick but he is going top 10. Absolute lowest I can see is top 15.

If some of these guys declare like Kennan Allen (I'm sure he will) Justin Hunter, De'Andre Hopkins, and Cordarrelle Patterson with Tavon Austin possibly going in the 1st too...I could definitely see Williams falling to us.

drd23

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love Williams in the 1st but I'm not a fan of Khaled Holmes in the 2nd and I doubt Margus Hunt lasts to the end of the 4th

KiddKillah wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

If some of these guys declare like Kennan Allen (I'm sure he will) Justin Hunter, De'Andre Hopkins, and Cordarrelle Patterson with Tavon Austin possibly going in the 1st too...I could definitely see Williams falling to us.

Keenan Allen has already declared

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
I would love Williams in the 1st but I'm not a fan of Khaled Holmes in the 2nd and I doubt Margus Hunt lasts to the end of the 4th

KiddKillah wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Keenan Allen has already declared

Same.

In addition there is absolutely no way Mike Buchanan lasts until the 5th round. He might not even make it out of the first round. Unless he's caught makin it rain in the club, stalks an ex-girlfriend, and then shows up to the combine high... Then I can't see him not going at least mid-2nd.

That said, if somehow all this happened like this, we'd be going boss mode next season.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everybody for the feedback.

I don't know too much about Kenny Tate, but I think before the season started (or it was last year), he was a SAFETY and projected as one of the top ones in the nation. Idk if I'm right or what but can any Maryland fan clear that up? What happened to him?

KiddKillah

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@drd

Why don't you like Holmes?

drd23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
I don't know too much about Kenny Tate, but I think before the season started (or it was last year), he was a SAFETY and projected as one of the top ones in the nation. Idk if I'm right or what but can any Maryland fan clear that up? What happened to him?

I'm no Maryland fan, but I can tell you what I remember from reading draft forums over the past couple of years

Started out as a Safety. Has very good size (6'4" 220lbs) but was reasonably fluid enough to be considered a potential FS. Was looked at as the potential prototype for the anti-uberathletic TE.

2 years ago he was considering coming out after his rSO year when he was considered a 1st/2nd round pick by most draftniks based mostly his potential as an athletic freak that could be used to cover the new age TEs, but instead decided to return.

IIRC that year the coaching staff changed, and with it so did his role - he now became a Rover type player - lining up mostly at OLB, but also sometimes at ILB and SS - but has since struggled.

He should still have that athletic potential, but the move sort of exposed his deficiencies by playing him out of position hence him being rated as a late round prospect now.

drd23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
@drd

Why don't you like Holmes?

I'm no expert on IOL (I find it hard to notice them unless they're really good or really bad) but I find him to be overrated - particularly due to how badly the USC OL fell apart when he was injured - and therefore not worth a 2nd round pick. IMO that will potentially be a prime spot to draft our next stud ILB or S (or even OLB should Kruger leave in FA and we go that direction again).

That and the fact that I'd like to see what Reid and Gradkowski have to offer first before spending a high pick on OL. Gradkowski was picked over every C prospect except for Konz last year (and Konz is playing RG in Atlanta last time I checked), so clearly the FO thought that he is pretty good (considering we could easily have had Ben Jones then, someone that was rated pretty highly by most draftniks)

RAVINGMADD

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
KiddKillah wrote:

I'm no Maryland fan, but I can tell you what I remember from reading draft forums over the past couple of years

Started out as a Safety. Has very good size (6'4" 220lbs) but was reasonably fluid enough to be considered a potential FS. Was looked at as the potential prototype for the anti-uberathletic TE.

2 years ago he was considering coming out after his rSO year when he was considered a 1st/2nd round pick by most draftniks based mostly his potential as an athletic freak that could be used to cover the new age TEs, but instead decided to return.

IIRC that year the coaching staff changed, and with it so did his role - he now became a Rover type player - lining up mostly at OLB, but also sometimes at ILB and SS - but has since struggled.

He should still have that athletic potential, but the move sort of exposed his deficiencies by playing him out of position hence him being rated as a late round prospect now.

I think he could be really good if moved back to safety in the NFL. He has amazing size for the position and I remember seeing that he was recruited as a WR, so I'd imagine he also has pretty decent hands for a defensive back. If we can get him in the 6th I'd be all for it. We could even use him as a LB in passing situations. I really love the versatility he could add as a complimentary player in this defense.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen Florida play three or four times this year, and Jonathan Bostic always seems to be around the ball, getting involved and making plays.

If he's still there in the third round, that would be a great pick up for the Ravens, because I think he'd easily become a more effective player than Jameel McClain.

I don't see the Ravens going for a WR in the opening rounds, though. They're stacked on the roster at the moment, and while the guys they've got aren't anywhere near Megatron, Fitz levels, they're decent enough prospects.

A new OC, drawing up plays that are designed to actually get those guys open, should make them all more effective as well. If you look at the Patriots or Packers, they've perfected the art of getting the most from their receivers, no matter the skill level. That's what the Ravens should aim at, creating a unit that is more than the sum of its parts.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
I've seen Florida play three or four times this year, and Jonathan Bostic always seems to be around the ball, getting involved and making plays.

If he's still there in the third round, that would be a great pick up for the Ravens, because I think he'd easily become a more effective player than Jameel McClain.

I don't see the Ravens going for a WR in the opening rounds, though. They're stacked on the roster at the moment, and while the guys they've got aren't anywhere near Megatron, Fitz levels, they're decent enough prospects.

A new OC, drawing up plays that are designed to actually get those guys open, should make them all more effective as well. If you look at the Patriots or Packers, they've perfected the art of getting the most from their receivers, no matter the skill level. That's what the Ravens should aim at, creating a unit that is more than the sum of its parts.

I think the possibility of taking a receiver in the 1st is strong enough. I mean look at our team and tell me the position we need most and it could be argued against for being a 1st round need. WR has Boldin- he could be cut... and even then we could use another dominant option; ET has Suggs, Kruger (assuming we can resign him), Upshaw, and developing guys; LT has Michael Oher still here for one more season; IDL has Art Jones going beast mode lately, McPhee being a beast last season, plus Ngata.

I think getting an edge threat would be our best 1st round selection, but I also wouldn't be willing to reach on a player. The guy we select would have to also be BPA. I could also seeing a scenario where LT is the best pick on the board and that could really improved this team. All I know is this, my current favorite realistic 1st round picks for the Ravens are:
1a. Dion Jordan
1b. Eric Fisher
1c. Terrence Williams

Quote:
Williams isn't on the same level as Kendall Wright as a pro prospect, but he might be able to do what Wright didn't last April and be the first senior receiver drafted in 2013.
-Dane Brugler

Also I forgot to address this in my earlier post. But Brugler clearly loses all credibility points after spouting such nonsense. Williams is CLEARLY a better pro-prospect than Wright. Williams honestly reminds me of Chad Johnson with how fluid he is as a route runner and with his speed and size. I've cooled off on him "some" but I'd still love to have a crack at him in the draft. Either of these three players to be exact.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrence Williams - I like this pick a lot but I think he goes a little bit earlier than this. Not quite top 15 but just after that range. There might be a real chance that both Boldin and Jones (if they can't sign him to an extension and rework his cap number for next season) are both cut and that would leave the Ravens with Smith, Doss, Williams, Thomspon, and Streeter. Not exactly a group I would have confidence in.

Holmes - No thanks. I don't think that the Ravens are going to spend a pick on a C after just taking Gradkowski in the top 100. I'm not a particularly big fan of his as a prospect either.

Bostic - Out of the more well-known ILB prospects he one f the guys I'm least familiar with. From what little I've seen and read this seems like a good pick though.

Hunt - With his size and athleticism I doubt he falls this far. Just too much potential to get out of the 3rd round in my opinion.

Buchanan - Same reasoning as Hunt but an even less chance he falls that far.Pass-rushers with his athleticism aren't going to make it to the 5th round. I doubt the Ravens would have a shot at him with their 2nd round pick.

Tate - Not a bad pick here. He has some potential and could be an interesting utility type of defender.

Foketi - ???

Overall I would be fairly happy with the draft but the 4th and 5th round picks are too unrealistic for my tastes.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Terrence Williams - I like this pick a lot but I think he goes a little bit earlier than this. Not quite top 15 but just after that range. There might be a real chance that both Boldin and Jones (if they can't sign him to an extension and rework his cap number for next season) are both cut and that would leave the Ravens with Smith, Doss, Williams, Thomspon, and Streeter. Not exactly a group I would have confidence in.

Umm.... why?

We have Reed and Lewis expiring and not making nearly as much even if we resign them. Plus, Ngata's contract was heavily front-loaded so his cap number goes down quite a bit as well. We should have enough cap room, even with Flacco's new contract.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

Umm.... why?

We have Reed and Lewis expiring and not making nearly as much even if we resign them. Plus, Ngata's contract was heavily front-loaded so his cap number goes down quite a bit as well. We should have enough cap room, even with Flacco's new contract.

coordinator0 wrote:
This article is originally talking about Flacco's contract situation but I thought I'd share this little update about their salary cap situation for next season.

http://russellstreetreport.com/salary-cap-analysis-signs-point-to-franchise-tag-for-flacco/

Quote:
The 2013 Salary Cap is projected to increase only slightly over the 2012 Cap of $120.6M. The Ravens currently have $106.5M committed to the 2013 Salary Cap, but that number only includes the 37 players currently under contract, and does not include the team’s 14 RFAs and ERFAs. That number also does not include incentives and escalators that may be earned in 2012, but that will count against the 2013 Cap. Once those are added in and the RFAs and ERFAs are tendered, the Ravens will likely be very close to the $120-122M mark.

So, not only will they have little more to add players, but they will very clearly need to release some players – or restructure contracts – to make additional room to accommodate Flacco. Just how much they will need, will depend on what decision they make with Flacco.

Doesn't look like they will be able to easily make any substantial moves in free agency. Not that I was really expecting them too though. This also has an impact on their ability to retain Kruger. If they're going to be up against the cap without taking their UFAs into account there could be some hard cuts coming.

Lewis isn't a free agent after this season either.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: