Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Player Suspensions OVERTURNED
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saintsfan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Player Suspensions OVERTURNED Reply with quote

Looks like Smith and Vilma are free men, not that it matter anymore, but good to see they won the case.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/11/tagliabue-vacates-all-player-discipline/

Quote:
From the Twitter account of NFL spokesman Greg Aiello comes the league’s statement regarding the outcome of the bounty appeal hearing.

The players have won. We think.

“Tagliabue affirms factual findings of Commissioner Goodell concludes Hargrove, Smith, Vilma “engaged in conduct detrimental” and vacates all player discipline,” Aiello says, using “and” where perhaps “but” would have been the better choice.

www.beattproductions.com

Adopt-A-Saint 2014
WR Kenny Stills 27 cat 399 yds 1 TD
S Rafael Bush 50 tak 0 INT 3 PD
FLOODx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before anyone gets all "Tin-Foil hat" on me. He said he agrees with Goodell that the evidence is there and there WAS a bounty system, he just feels that it management/coaches were more responsible than the players. The players suspensions are overturned but they are still being fined and the coaches still get suspended and the Saints still lose their draft picks.

RTR
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Before anyone gets all "Tin-Foil hat" on me. He said he agrees with Goodell that the evidence is there and there WAS a bounty system, he just feels that it management/coaches were more responsible than the players. The players suspensions are overturned but they are still being fined and the coaches still get suspended and the Saints still lose their draft picks.

Tags understood that he was fighting a losing battle. He went into this with a agenda, now that the Saints season is offically over the player suspensions are moot.

Now Tags focus is on the Saints managment because of fear of TOm Benson. Benson has clearly stated that if it comes out that Goodell overstepped his boundries in this he will seek compensatition for all he's lost this season. THe fight with the players is over, Now it's Benson's vs Goodell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Tags understood that he was fighting a losing battle. He went into this with a agenda, now that the Saints season is offically over the player suspensions are moot.

Now Tags focus is on the Saints managment because of fear of TOm Benson. Benson has clearly stated that if it comes out that Goodell overstepped his boundries in this he will seek compensatition for all he's lost this season. THe fight with the players is over, Now it's Benson's vs Goodell.

I never said we weren't over punished, I just don't want to hear all the "SEE IT DIDN'T EVEN HAPPEN" non-sense. I'd love to see Benson win that and get us our picks back.

RTR
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

I never said we weren't over punished, I just don't want to hear all the "SEE IT DIDN'T EVEN HAPPEN" non-sense. I'd love to see Benson win that and get us our picks back.

I agree

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

I agree

Hear HEAR!!!
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's call this for what it is...

Basically the NFL is saying, HEY EVERYBODY... we had our bluff called and we actually have nothing on the players so they are free but its all the coaches and owners fault now.

tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Let's call this for what it is...

Basically the NFL is saying, HEY EVERYBODY... we had our bluff called and we actually have nothing on the players so they are free but its all the coaches and owners fault now.

No. Just no.

There is NOTHING to support what you're suggesting, and quite a bit to suggest otherwise.

Did you read the article?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:

Agree.

It also doesn't seen fair of Tagliabue to say "it was coaches/management fault" without the coaches and management giving their side of the story.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WinTheGame wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Agree.

It also doesn't seen fair of Tagliabue to say "it was coaches/management fault" without the coaches and management giving their side of the story.

Coaches union coming soon...

tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WinTheGame wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Agree.

Payton, Loomis, and Williams have all confirmed there was a bounty system in place.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
WinTheGame wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Agree.

Payton, Loomis, and Williams have all confirmed there was a bounty system in place.

Link? I want quotes saying there was a bounty and we tried to injury other players. You won't find any
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pookie wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
WinTheGame wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Agree.

Link? I want quotes saying there was a bounty and we tried to injury other players. You won't find any

You wouldn't believe we had a bounty system if Sean Payton called you and told you himself.

RTR
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pookie wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
WinTheGame wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Agree.

You don't remember Gregg Williams specifically explaining how players were paid for hits that injured opponents? Are you blocking that out?

http://assets.espn.go.com/pdf/2012/0917/greggwilliamsdocument.pdf

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: