Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 15: Washington Redskins @ Cleveland Browns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dad' says he's good to go --

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/31334/RGIII-s-dad--The-kid-will-play-Sunday/Default.aspx
Marcus21

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love nothing more than to make the playoffs!!!!! That being said, if we get in, we are not going far. We just dont have the Defense to beat the top caliber teams. Im not being a downer but if there is any chance Griff could do serious damage to that knee...I say let Cousins play. We are a few pieces short on D to make serious noise in the playoffs this year.....Next year is our year to contend!!!!!! No point in taking a chance! We have nothing without him!
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teams tend to do better with playoff seasoning though. If we make it this year even if we don't win the Superbowl we've still gotten that initial experience under RG's belt. Look at ARod for example, his first time through the went one and done against the Cards, the next year they won the Super Bowl.

Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with JeeZy here. We are extremely young and need all the experience we can get. It would give our young guys such a boost getting to the playoffs with our starting qb and Rb being only rookies.

Also- once you get to the playoffs, anything can happen for sure. The hottest teams are the ones who always win the Super Bowl. We'd be a hot team for sure if we get to the playoffs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I agree with JeeZy here. We are extremely young and need all the experience we can get. It would give our young guys such a boost getting to the playoffs with our starting qb and Rb being only rookies.

Also- once you get to the playoffs, anything can happen for sure. The hottest teams are the ones who always win the Super Bowl. We'd be a hot team for sure if we get to the playoffs

Totally agree here man.
All true and as for not beating top teams: What? Eh? We just found a way to beat 3 top teams in NYG, BAL, DAL, so anything is possible ...
Marcus21

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Teams tend to do better with playoff seasoning though. If we make it this year even if we don't win the Superbowl we've still gotten that initial experience under RG's belt. Look at ARod for example, his first time through the went one and done against the Cards, the next year they won the Super Bowl.

Im with you bro! I would love to get these guys into the playoffs and get some experience.....I would really to win a game, so Griff has the same # of playoff wins as Romo!!! LOL. Im just not sure the risk is worth the reward! From what I have seen of Griff, he is tough as nails.....If he can go he will..I just hope they are being smart about his future!!
Marcus21

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Totally agree here man.
All true and as for not beating top teams: What? Eh? We just found a way to beat 3 top teams in NYG, BAL, DAL, so anything is possible ...

I love what we are doing....please dont think Im downing this team or what they have accomplished. Im just saying Brady puts 60 on this D. Peyton puts 50 on them! Im just trying to be realistic!!!! I think we can get in..Im just not sure we can take it to the next level.....I just want Shanny to be extremely careful with his knee!!!! He has already torn the ACL in the same knee. Like I said before we nothing without Griff!!
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Quote:
We have some tough games coming up, hopefully we don't overlook you guys, I'm scared this could be a trap game for us. I just added that because some of you said it, because you are looking ahead to the Eagles game I guess, but no team is going to be looking past a team with 4 straight wins, or even 3.
yeah- you guys play the steelers and ravens again right? We play the eagles and cowboys after you and those games are always tough division games for us. We are both in the same boat there.

I wish it was the Ravens instead of the Bronco's in week 16. We lost to the Ravens twice but they were very winnable games and we have progressively gotten better. We do finish with Pittsburgh.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Totally agree here man.

I love what we are doing....please dont think Im downing this team or what they have accomplished. Im just saying Brady puts 60 on this D. Peyton puts 50 on them! Im just trying to be realistic!!!! I think we can get in..Im just not sure we can take it to the next level.....I just want Shanny to be extremely careful with his knee!!!! He has already torn the ACL in the same knee. Like I said before we nothing without Griff!!
no one is thinking any less of you for your opinion. It's a good one, nothing wrong with thinking long term instead if short term.

You are clearly speculating with the Brady and Peyton comments. You never know what may happen. Rex Grossman almost beat Brady last year..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Quote:
We have some tough games coming up, hopefully we don't overlook you guys, I'm scared this could be a trap game for us. I just added that because some of you said it, because you are looking ahead to the Eagles game I guess, but no team is going to be looking past a team with 4 straight wins, or even 3.
yeah- you guys play the steelers and ravens again right? We play the eagles and cowboys after you and those games are always tough division games for us. We are both in the same boat there.

I wish it was the Ravens instead of the Bronco's in week 16. We lost to the Ravens twice but they were very winnable games and we have progressively gotten better. We do finish with Pittsburgh.
good luck with that schedule... Shocked

I doubt the steelers turn it over 8 times again and I'm sure Peyton won't lose till the playoffs. Per usual= Best regular season qb of all time! Laughing
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defense a bit better than it appears
Quote:
Second-Half Defense

Forget about the Thanksgiving game against Dallas. The Redskins already had a 25-point lead and a letdown was inevitable, especially since the Cowboys were throwing on basically every single play after the break. If you focus on the other three games in the four-game win streak, the Redskins defense has allowed a measly 13 points in the second half of those contests—a span of six quarters.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1441806-why-the-washington-redskins-can-make-the-playoffs-without-rg3

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your guys GDT is much different than the ones were used to.... We are used to shenanigans and boobs.... Not actual football talk... Not sure how much I like this Confused

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Brian23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Your guys GDT is much different than the ones were used to.... We are used to shenanigans and boobs.... Not actual football talk... Not sure how much I like this Confused

It'll break down to drunken raging whether we're winning or losing soon enough.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Boobs?

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

hornbybrown

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Boobs?

I keep reading this term football... What is it?

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 4 of 37

Jump to: