Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Things Other Than the Redskins Thread 4.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Brian23


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 6795
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't doubt it.

While Ted's a bit of a cheapo kinda guy (The NHL lockout, allegedly, has a lot to do with him and a few other owners.), he's also a very easy guy to read. He turely believes in building through the draft and creatin' your own guys. That may not working in the NBA but that's how he's gonna approach it.

I wouldn't doubt he'd want to hold onto Beal for that very reason, cost aside. He's also supposedly losing a lot of money between the Wizards and the Capitals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 63131
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
I wouldn't doubt it.

While Ted's a bit of a cheapo kinda guy (The NHL lockout, allegedly, has a lot to do with him and a few other owners.), he's also a very easy guy to read. He turely believes in building through the draft and creatin' your own guys. That may not working in the NBA but that's how he's gonna approach it.

I wouldn't doubt he'd want to hold onto Beal for that very reason, cost aside. He's also supposedly losing a lot of money between the Wizards and the Capitals.
yeah. I agree and that blows for wizards fans. James Hardens don't grow on trees.

Of course Shabaz Muhammad plays a lot like him but is a little bigger. If we get the #1 pick we can get him to go with Wall, Crawford and Beal. That should better in the long term. Just sucks we have to wait through this crappy season.

Also, at the same time. He was willing to trade Lewis for two vets with years left on their contracts instead of just buying out Lewis and going totally young and cheap around Nene.

Lavar703 was right about the NO trade, it was a bad move. I see that now. Good forecasting lavar703. Cool
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Adopt-a-Redskin: Brian Orakpo: 6 tackles, 1, 5 QB hurries
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 19974
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://blogsohardsports.com/wizards-2/wizards-declined-an-offer-for-james-harden/


WIZARDS DECLINED AN OFFER FOR JAMES HARDEN?

Quote:
According to a report from Michael Lee of the Washington Post, the Washington Wizards turned down a potential trade that would have netted them James Harden for Bradley Beal and Chris Singleton:

The Washington Wizards turned down a trade with the Oklahoma City Thunder for James Hardenthis summer because team owner Ted Leonsis was unwilling to commit to what would have been a roughly $80 million, five-year contract for the high-scoring player, according to multiple people with knowledge of the proposed deal.

The Wizards would have sent rookie guard Bradley Beal and second-year forward Chris Singleton to the Thunder in return for Harden, winner of the NBA’s sixth-man award with Oklahoma City last season, according to these individuals, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk about the proposal.


Any truth to this? Anyone?

I remember around the draft that I thought someone said Harden had actually been traded. I told my x who is a big Okc fan and she went crazy. I had no clue that the deal in place may have been to the wizards.

If its true and Ted wouldn't give up #3 and Singleton for Harden than that's just sad. Harden would have this team nearing .500 right now w/o Wall in the court. A back court of harden and Wall would attract better bigs for the future in FA. Harden is an Arenas type talent IMO but I hope doesn't have the same bad judgement. It would have changed our future for sure, now we appear to be stuck- just hoping to strike gold with a top 5 pick...

Ugh I pray this isn't true Twisted Evil


Where's a ROFLcopter when you need one?

Seriously, turtle28, why do you invest one second rooting for the Wizards? They're a hopeless franchise. Doomed. No chance.

They
just
suck

I try to help you every year. I try to explain that they'll be a lottery pick. I try to explain that they'll either not get the top pick or if they do, they'll botch it.

Yet you still stick with them.

I don't get it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheOleBallCoach


Joined: 08 Jan 2011
Posts: 2982
Location: DC area
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I barely pay attention to basketball but even I know it's laughable the Wizards rejected that offer.

One of my friends is a big Wizards fan and complains about them routinely.

Has to be one of the worst franchises in sports.
_________________

AdoptASkin - Keiland Williams (Lions) - 57/195/2TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 63131
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
http://blogsohardsports.com/wizards-2/wizards-declined-an-offer-for-james-harden/


WIZARDS DECLINED AN OFFER FOR JAMES HARDEN?

Quote:
According to a report from Michael Lee of the Washington Post, the Washington Wizards turned down a potential trade that would have netted them James Harden for Bradley Beal and Chris Singleton:

The Washington Wizards turned down a trade with the Oklahoma City Thunder for James Hardenthis summer because team owner Ted Leonsis was unwilling to commit to what would have been a roughly $80 million, five-year contract for the high-scoring player, according to multiple people with knowledge of the proposed deal.

The Wizards would have sent rookie guard Bradley Beal and second-year forward Chris Singleton to the Thunder in return for Harden, winner of the NBA’s sixth-man award with Oklahoma City last season, according to these individuals, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk about the proposal.


Any truth to this? Anyone?

I remember around the draft that I thought someone said Harden had actually been traded. I told my x who is a big Okc fan and she went crazy. I had no clue that the deal in place may have been to the wizards.

If its true and Ted wouldn't give up #3 and Singleton for Harden than that's just sad. Harden would have this team nearing .500 right now w/o Wall in the court. A back court of harden and Wall would attract better bigs for the future in FA. Harden is an Arenas type talent IMO but I hope doesn't have the same bad judgement. It would have changed our future for sure, now we appear to be stuck- just hoping to strike gold with a top 5 pick...

Ugh I pray this isn't true Twisted Evil


Where's a ROFLcopter when you need one?

Seriously, turtle28, why do you invest one second rooting for the Wizards? They're a hopeless franchise. Doomed. No chance.

They
just
suck

I try to help you every year. I try to explain that they'll be a lottery pick. I try to explain that they'll either not get the top pick or if they do, they'll botch it.

Yet you still stick with them.

I don't get it.
yeah I know ya do woz... But basketball was my favorite sport to play growing up and after football my favorite sport to watch by a wide margin. I'm going to remain a wizards fan through thick and mostly thin. Hopefully they get Shabazz next year as their SF to go with Wall, Beal and Crawford as their microwave scoring 6th man with Serpahin and Nene as the bigs. That could be something worth watching finally, After 5 years of horribleness. Laughing
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Adopt-a-Redskin: Brian Orakpo: 6 tackles, 1, 5 QB hurries
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 63131
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOleBallCoach wrote:
I barely pay attention to basketball but even I know it's laughable the Wizards rejected that offer.

One of my friends is a big Wizards fan and complains about them routinely.

Has to be one of the worst franchises in sports.
definitely. Especially now that the Clippers finally got their act together over th past few seasons
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Adopt-a-Redskin: Brian Orakpo: 6 tackles, 1, 5 QB hurries
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TommyC376


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 10266
Location: Capital Wasteland
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just made this sig. Kind of plain but I like it ... If any one wants to rock it feel free!!!



Code:
[IMG]http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b640/TCoops91/Signature_zpsc380fff2.jpg[/IMG]

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 37460
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you havent seen it yet - there is a ridiculous article on PFT regarding RG3. Probably dont want to discuss it here, but its there in case you want to go read it. Its (stupid) comments made by ESPN Rob Parker.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeezy Fanatic


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 23242
Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
If you havent seen it yet - there is a ridiculous article on PFT regarding RG3. Probably dont want to discuss it here, but its there in case you want to go read it. Its (stupid) comments made by ESPN Rob Parker.


Saw that earlier, truly ridiculous.
_________________


Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 63131
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
If you havent seen it yet - there is a ridiculous article on PFT regarding RG3. Probably dont want to discuss it here, but its there in case you want to go read it. Its (stupid) comments made by ESPN Rob Parker.


Saw that earlier, truly ridiculous.
exactly
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Adopt-a-Redskin: Brian Orakpo: 6 tackles, 1, 5 QB hurries
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 63131
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's Known So Far About The Sandy Hook Shooting Gunman

http://www.businessinsider.com/sandy-hook-shooting-gundman-2012-12

Once again, sad, sad day. Why do these stories keep getting more and more sad?

18 children killed in this elementary school shooting.

Rip children. Our thoughts and prayers go our to you and your families.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Adopt-a-Redskin: Brian Orakpo: 6 tackles, 1, 5 QB hurries
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Redskins24-7


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 14972
Location: North Beach, MD
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm absolutely sickened by this news. Just horrified. I don't even know how to feel. What would cause any person to kill children? Innocent children! What the hell did they do to you, Mr. Lanza? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
_________________
RIP SuperSkinFan
AAR:
Roy Helu, Jr: 12 carries, 71 yards; 4 catches, 26 yards
Duke Ihenacho: 1 tackle
Ryan Clark: 7 tackles, 1 PDef, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 2 catches, 0 yards!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
PARROTHEAD


Joined: 08 Mar 2009
Posts: 4437
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of dozen kids were also stabbed in China school.
Thats a ton of hurt, devastated parents out there today. Heart goes out to them.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 63131
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
I'm absolutely sickened by this news. Just horrified. I don't even know how to feel. What would cause any person to kill children? Innocent children! What the hell did they do to you, Mr. Lanza? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
had to be something with his mother. She was the teacher in the kindergarten class.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Adopt-a-Redskin: Brian Orakpo: 6 tackles, 1, 5 QB hurries
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 63131
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maryland 19th healthiest state in nation above the rest of the DMV and PA Cool

http://gaithersburg.patch.com/articles/how-healthy-is-maryland-answer-may-be-surprising-ebfada18?ncid=newsltuspatc00000001
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Adopt-a-Redskin: Brian Orakpo: 6 tackles, 1, 5 QB hurries
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 70 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group