Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chargers Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Runaway Jim


Joined: 13 Mar 2009
Posts: 4728
Location: By This River
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That completes my mock. I didn't make any trades.

With the 8th pick, the San Diego Chargers select:

Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan

With the 39th pick, the San Diego Chargers select:

Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State

With the 76th pick, the San Diego Chargers select:

Cornellius Carradine OLB Florida State

With the 107th pick, the San Diego Chargers select:

Montee Ball RB Wisconsin

With the 138th pick, the San Diego Chargers select:

Omoregie Uzzi G Georgia Tech

With the 169th overall pick, the San Diego Chargers select:

Braxston Cave C Notre Dame

With the 200th pick, the San Diego Chargers select:

Demontre Hurst CB Oklahoma
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boltstrikes


Moderator
Joined: 15 Feb 2006
Posts: 6005
Location: LA MIRADA, CA
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a solid draft. It's hard to get an exciting draft when you don't have the luxury of going after play makers but you did an excellent job of hitting team needs.
_________________


EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 24415
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
That is a solid draft. It's hard to get an exciting draft when you don't have the luxury of going after play makers but you did an excellent job of hitting team needs.


Poyer and Carradine can both be playmakers.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AntonioGates


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 7819
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offensive line and corners are exactly what we need. I'm not sure if I'm a big Poyer fan but the players are right now personal preferences since we have no clue what changes are coming to coaching staff and schemes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sanitizer


Joined: 18 Feb 2010
Posts: 117
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Reid will be around and he'll draft 8 defensive linemen.

Seems to be a few "experts" who like Te'o to pair with Butler. I like Te'o as a heart and soul type of player who can bring a defense up with his attitude alone, but I can't see how we can continue on without improving our secondary and O-Line. Except the line held up quite well against Pittsburgh last week, which was an absolute shock. I'm very interested to see how this group works for the remainder of the year and if Phil will even be alive to play next season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 24415
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sanitizer wrote:
Andy Reid will be around and he'll draft 8 defensive linemen.

Seems to be a few "experts" who like Te'o to pair with Butler. I like Te'o as a heart and soul type of player who can bring a defense up with his attitude alone, but I can't see how we can continue on without improving our secondary and O-Line. Except the line held up quite well against Pittsburgh last week, which was an absolute shock. I'm very interested to see how this group works for the remainder of the year and if Phil will even be alive to play next season.


Ugh, Te'o. Do not want.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duffman57


Joined: 20 Jan 2009
Posts: 8181
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you think of my Chargers Offseason?

Chargers Receive:
Jake Long
Miami's 7th round pick

Miami Receives:
2nd round pick
Antoine Cason
Robert Meachem

DRAFT:
1: Barkevious Mingo OLB, LSU
3rd: Terry Hawthorne CB, Illinois
4th: Cyril Richardson OT/OG, Baylor
5th: Ray Graham RB, Pitt
6th: Anthony McCloud NT, FSU
7th: Chris Boreland ILB, Wisconsin
7th: Rogers Gaines OT, Tennessee St
_________________

Bolt Up Comrades!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 46768
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/steiny31/status/285437819848114176
Quote:
@Steiny31: Per source, #Jets have had internal talks about hiring Norv as the OC AND trading Sanchez to SD for in a deal that will bring Rivers to NY.

Thoughts?
_________________

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duffman57


Joined: 20 Jan 2009
Posts: 8181
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
https://twitter.com/steiny31/status/285437819848114176
Quote:
@Steiny31: Per source, #Jets have had internal talks about hiring Norv as the OC AND trading Sanchez to SD for in a deal that will bring Rivers to NY.

Thoughts?


My thoughts?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

That is all
_________________

Bolt Up Comrades!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrDrew


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 17353
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets don't have enough 1st round picks to make up the difference.


Norv to the Jets, not out of the question.
_________________


"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 24415
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Jets don't have enough 1st round picks to make up the difference.


Norv to the Jets, not out of the question.


*drafts
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrDrew


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 17353
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Jets don't have enough 1st round picks to make up the difference.


Norv to the Jets, not out of the question.


*drafts


I messed that up. What I meant to say was there aren't enough drafts left where the Jets have 1st round picks to make up the difference. Just because the world didn't end on the 21st doesn't mean it's not gonna happen.

Plus, how good is a rumor about a trade from a team that's about to fire its GM?
_________________


"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 24415
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Jets don't have enough 1st round picks to make up the difference.


Norv to the Jets, not out of the question.


*drafts


I messed that up. What I meant to say was there aren't enough drafts left where the Jets have 1st round picks to make up the difference. Just because the world didn't end on the 21st doesn't mean it's not gonna happen.

Plus, how good is a rumor about a trade from a team that's about to fire its GM?


Plus, internal discussions. Laughing

RUMOR: Chargers have had internal discussions about swapping Clary for CLE T Joe Thomas.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jt2736


Joined: 31 Dec 2012
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Draft Reply with quote

Jake long will be a free agent sign he to a 3 year 14.7 million per year

1. Mingo or best pass rusher
2. Poyer
Trade 3 this year and 2 next year for a two this year and select Deandre Hopkins or Cobi Hamption or Robert woods or tavion austion
4. Monta Ball
5.Geraled Hodges
6 best strong safety
7. Best player


Last edited by Jt2736 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sanitizer


Joined: 18 Feb 2010
Posts: 117
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 3 positions that need to be addressed this offseason. I don't consider free agency the way to build a team, obviously Long would be great, but the draft needs to strictly focus on the O-Line, CB, and rush linebacker.

Picking 11th, I doubt Lewan or Joekel will be there and I'm not sure if Fisher or any other OT is worth the 11th selection.

1. Bjorn Werner DE/OLB Florida State
2. Oday Aboushi - OT - Virginia
3. Bidi Wreh_WIlson - CB - Conneticut
4. Zack Dysert - QB - Miami of Ohio
5. CB
6. OL
7. BPA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group